Heitert's NHL

AHcreative

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the comments guys. I made the outlines on the numbers black so that they wouldn't interfere with the gold stripe around the star-shaped stripes. Does it look alright or would a gold outline work just as well?

StarsSet2.png

Any more comments on Dallas?

Well, anyway I started on the Avalanche with the following logos. Now before any comments are given just keep in mind that this is just a rough draft, I know it's not perfect but I just wanted to get the idea down and get some C&C on how to make it better, if I'm on the right track, if I have a good idea, etc.

Now obviously what I did was take the 'A' from the current logo and got rid of the "sliding puck," making it look more like a mountain scene but maintaining the 'A' that stands for Avalanche. Originally, I thought of this to be used only as an alternate logo or a logo that would appear on the third jersey (yes, jumping on the roundel bandwagon). Basically I would like to know if this logo is good enough to use in my Avalanche set?

So, how 'bout it? What can I do to improve it, or is it even worth trying to improve?

So here it is, with a few different variations:

AvsLogo-1.pngAvsLogo2-1.pngAvsLogo3-1.pngAvsLogo4-1.png

With the a like that and the mountains coming out of the roundel it looks like a 90's logo. Try making the a simetrical and keep the mountains inside. It also feels like its missing something below the a, may be try filling it in in the outline color of the mountains

The two on the right are your best bets. However, there's something about the "A" that's bugging me. It doesn't look good by its self - either add something in front or change its shape.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Any more comments on Dallas?

Well, anyway I started on the Avalanche with the following logos. Now before any comments are given just keep in mind that this is just a rough draft, I know it's not perfect but I just wanted to get the idea down and get some C&C on how to make it better, if I'm on the right track, if I have a good idea, etc.

Now obviously what I did was take the 'A' from the current logo and got rid of the "sliding puck," making it look more like a mountain scene but maintaining the 'A' that stands for Avalanche. Originally, I thought of this to be used only as an alternate logo or a logo that would appear on the third jersey (yes, jumping on the roundel bandwagon). Basically I would like to know if this logo is good enough to use in my Avalanche set?

So, how 'bout it? What can I do to improve it, or is it even worth trying to improve?

So here it is, with a few different variations:

AvsLogo-1.pngAvsLogo2-1.pngAvsLogo3-1.pngAvsLogo4-1.png

Oh, Nice! Good, clean design. Definitely could picture a team presenting that logo to the public. We could nitpick color combos, but pick one and go with it. Good work!

I like the Avalanche logo overall--a great reworking of what I consider one of the worst logos in sports. I would thicken up the crossbar of the A a little. Beyond that, it's solid, and I'm curious to see what it will look like on a jersey.

rATMcmK.png

While I actually love the Avalanche's current logo (to each their own, I guess...), if that logo got banned and they needed to start over, this would be a fantastic starting point.

I think the biggest reason the current logo is better than these (IMO) is because the current logo actually depicts an avalanche, while yours only features a mountain range (but a well conceived and executed one).

I love the "A" , the mountain range and the font but I think you need to figure out a way to simulate/design an avalanche into the logo. If I were you I would either try the rout they went with the sweeping avalanche that also serves as the "A"'s cross stroke or - and this is the route I think might work really well if you can execute it - I would lower the "A" cross stroke and use the negative space above the cross stroke to depict a triangle of snow coming down from the snow cap.

With your background being white in all your color iterations, the white snow falling down the "A" would look perfect and really tie this concept to the Avalanche theme.

Or completely disregard this, haha. Great work so far. I'm excited to see the uniforms.

BTW: AvsLogo3-1.png is by far my favorite.

Cool, thanks for some more feedback guys. You really don't know how much I appreciate the comments. For the last couple of days I really had no motivation to do anything because I felt that anything I would do would only result in a couple comments. So, again, I thank you. I don't work or have anything to do tomorrow so, I think I'll start working with that logo now. I'll try to have something up within the next 24 to 36 hours or so.

Alright, so I worked on this a little bit. I did as Whittier S and TimEOBrien suggested and thickened/lowered the cross stroke. Also, to incorporate the avalanche motif I cropped the "snow slide" from the current Avs logo. I decided against including the puck however because I feel as though it would throw off the balance of the logo.

I think it's going in the right direction but I still think it needs a bit of work. Suggestions?

AvalancheUpdate.png

Thanks guys!

Adding the avalanche over the A was definetly a good idea, it improves the concept a lot. However, there is one thing bothering me. I don't like the way that the A and the mountains are crooked, it makes the logo look cartoony, so I think that possible straightening those up might be the way to go. Other than that the roundel looks good and I really like the simplified color scheme. Also, your Stars concept is perfect, I've always loved the mooterus logo.

spacer.png

adding the avalanche portion from the current logo is a terrible idea. it basically looks like the current logo with a circle around it. come up with something original.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Well since Cody's exceptional concept thread is literally the first one after the pinned ones, I decided to give this a quick bump.

Cody hasn't done a single concept and his thread hasn't left the first page. Mine's getting bumped down pretty quickly because of threads such as the aforementioned.

I think I liked it better without the avalanche. It kind of looks like toilet paper. Besides the tp, the logo is really great though. And your Dallas Stars concept is the best I've ever seen. I love the star piping and Taurus. Very original! Keep up the good work

I really like where the avalanche logo is going. But there are a few things I think you could improve on. First, I think the A would look better straight and symmetrical. At the moment it looks too cartoon-ish. And I think the avalanche should start in front of the mountain at the top. And it should be more curved so it looks like a c. (for Colorado) But not too curved to where it covers up the awesome mountains. Other than that i think the logo is awesome. Great colors and great shape. I think it could be a major improvement to Colorado's already awesome logo.

maybe try and fuse the rockies logo with the avalanches? like ross did.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

I love the Dallas logo, better than their current one IMO.

I also love the actual Avalanche logo though, so I'd just use it. The logo idea for the Avalanche you have now doesn't look that great; it seems off-balance.

ScreenShot2012-05-28at102740PM-1.jpg

YNWA

Archived