Goofy or otherwise odd sports cards?

Stampman

Here's on of my favorite odd cards-Phil Esposito just slipped a jersey on over ugly pants, and wore somebody else's gloves (Espo was # 7 on the Bruins, the gloves are #17)

Just an oddity I noticed. But I like the card.

I know they are others--specially when the cards have been airbrushed with a new uni after a player is traded in between when the picture was taken and the card produced.

espo.png

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lemaire_thumb%5B1%5D.png?imgmax=800

One year, someone at O-Pee-Chee got wind of a rumour that Lamaire was going to be traded to Buffalo so they airbushed a card with him in a uniform and claimed he was a Sabre. This never happened and here we are with a card claiming he was a Sabre.

Here's on of my favorite odd cards-Phil Esposito just slipped a jersey on over ugly pants, and wore somebody else's gloves (Espo was # 7 on the Bruins, the gloves are #17)

I know they are others--specially when the cards have been airbrushed with a new uni after a player is traded in between when the picture was taken and the card produced.

espo.png

It was the 70s those were considered hip.

Just think a few years later he changed his style

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNjntNHHUs0

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

espo.png

It was the 70s those were considered hip.

Just think a few years later he changed his style

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNjntNHHUs0

there were a lot of ugly pants in the 70's

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

lemaire_thumb%5B1%5D.png?imgmax=800

One year, someone at O-Pee-Chee got wind of a rumour that Lamaire was going to be traded to Buffalo so they airbushed a card with him in a uniform and claimed he was a Sabre. This never happened and here we are with a card claiming he was a Sabre.

HAIR!

I have a few cards from the O2-03 O-Pee-Chee set with players wearing one-off jerseys. Jonas Hoglund in a St. Pats jersey, and Maxim Afinogenov in the Sabres' "New York" 9/11 jersey.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

This topic can't exist without:

billy_rip.jpg

Furthermore, in the "clean" category...

Herb Washington's 1975 Topps baseball card is the only card ever produced listing his position as "Pinch Runner":

CA-hwashington%2B75T%2BIMG_NEW.jpg

Since Herb never batted, his stat line is...well...interesting.

CA-hwashington-bk+75T+IMG_NEW.jpg

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I have this one, i was so confused when I first saw it

04michaels.jpg

Also, you need to check out this link. It made me laugh pretty damn hard

Hilarious Cards

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

this one speaks for itself

51Rs-XeRZcL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

i'm not following this one. unless i'm missing something here.

Join the club. If I had to take a guess, I'd say he's going for the "and we're surprised Ron Washington did coke" joke.

BB52Big.jpg

I have this one, i was so confused when I first saw it

04michaels.jpg

Also, you need to check out this link. It made me laugh pretty damn hard

Hilarious Cards

Funny card--but it should be noted that the link you provide is NSFW.

this one speaks for itself

51Rs-XeRZcL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

i'm not following this one. unless i'm missing something here.

Join the club. If I had to take a guess, I'd say he's going for the "and we're surprised Ron Washington did coke" joke.

"This one speaks for itself" fails when this many people question what it's saying.

Archived