NashVille Predators New Logos

BLUELANDbeliever

The Preds unveiled new Logo's today in preparation for the draft. Discuss. What do you think of them?

http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=566603

newlogos_summer2011_306x172.jpg

I personally find the yellow a bit 'gaudy'. Its not gold enough and it doesn't make the logo look quite right. Nice guitar pick logo imo. One of the things i do like are the eyes. They stand out more and have more definition.

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really feelin' the guitar pick alt. Nice work on that.

I also like how they were able to clean up their primary logo (eventhough I'm still not a fan of that sabretooth-looking-thing).

For comparison:

logo392-cp.jpg

(Just noticed what looks to be like two shades of yellow. Yuck.)

6uXNWAo.png

Huge huge huge upgrade. It takes the Preds' primary from Top 5 worst logo in professional sports to merely adequate.

The guitar pick mark is also very spiffy. I feel as though they should have incorporated some scratches or bitemarks on it though, as right now it has nothing to do with the Predators name.

Workmarks are great and I love the simplified colour scheme.

Finally a new team updates / simplifies their logo without going for the whole "retro" logo in a circle look!

I just hope for a yellow / gold home jersey and not blue.

please not mustard.

The guitar pick mark is also very spiffy. I feel as though they should have incorporated some scratches or bitemarks on it though, as right now it has nothing to do with the Predeators name.

Its to reflect the music heritage and tradition of being the 'music city'.

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

Here's a bigger graphic, courtesy Icethetics.

0622-nsh-newlogos.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1308769203590

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The guitar pick mark is also very spiffy. I feel as though they should have incorporated some scratches or bitemarks on it though, as right now it has nothing to do with the Predators name.

Its to reflect the music heritage and tradition of being the 'music city'.

Nah, really?

I said it has nothing to do with Predators, not Nashville.

I like the guitar pick. It finally connects the Predators to the city without using over-the-top gimmicky imagery like the old Nashville Kats arena league team who used a guitar neck stripe on their pants.

The logo, while still not great, is much improved and looks so much better with the scaled down detail.

I like it. I hope the jerseys actually look good, something that Nashville has yet to achieve since joining the NHL.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Here's a bigger graphic, courtesy Icethetics.

0622-nsh-newlogos.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1308769203590

HUGE upgrade. They managed to update a logo that had a terrible case of "The 90s", streamline it a bit, and add a good secondary logo. Good job.

Hopefully the jerseys are good.

Jeremy K. Gover of Section 303 had the lowdown on what, exactly, all these logos mean and how they compare to the team's old logo (shown on the right).

The SECONDARY LOGO. This will replace the skull shoulder patch on the current sweaters. The idea is, obviously, the three stars of the Tennessee flag and a guitar pick-shaped outer design. Pretty awesome.

The ABBREVIATED MARK logo. This will not only be seen on Pekke Rinne's new mask but also on the pant legs of all Preds next season.

The WORD MARK is just the "Nashville Predators" written out with the same color scheme as the logo (obviously) and with a slight font change.

The PRIMARY LOGO is pretty self explanatory. It's the same basic logo but without all of the random colors in the original. This one is down to three. The indigo blue (?), the gold and the white. Nothing more.

The pick will be on the shoulders, and the NP will be on the pants. Personally, I would have switched them.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

HUGE improvement.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Not a fan of anything but the new word mark/initials. The yellow streak through the simplified cat seems out of place and serves no purpose other than to add colour. The guitar pick does nothing for me, it's bland and boring. Sure, the guy who designed Tennessee's flag is just as much to blame for that, but they could have represented the state/region in a more striking way. What they should have done is gone with an updated version of the skull shoulder patch logo as their main. That's still the best logo they've ever had.

Coming from a fan's point of view here, I'm pretty shocked first off. I saw the goalie mask with the "NP" logo, but I didn't see it leading to a complete update. The obvious opinion here is that this is a 1000% upgrade. While it clearly is, this fanbase that has grown to love the crazy, over-detailed logo is (judging by the facebook comments) not really liking this. After all, the franchise has been around since 1998, and finally had its most successful season this year (with a fanbase that has ever been stronger)- with that logo. I personally am having a hard time with the lack of detail on the tooth, and lack of silver from the color scheme altogether, but it'll grow on me.

A couple other things I've noticed:

- The guitar pick will be the shoulder alternate, and the fact it's navy leads me to believe it will be going on a gold jersey.

- The eye on the logo matches that of the alternate jersey. It's of course supposed to stick around, even with some of the detail that didn't transfer to the new logo (which I believe is what the OP means in the title of the thread).

Overall, I'm impressed and am very glad that the Preds are no longer in the basement of pro sports logos, and look forward to seeing the new jerseys Friday- personally hoping one of them isn't gold.

dzh6fs12jk4gddgfd123hlxft.gif

Archived