Dexter Morgan

Movies, Movies, and Movies

2,439 posts in this topic

On 3/2/2017 at 10:41 AM, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

Its been a while since I acted but I'm playing the "Mire Squid" in the upcoming King Kong movie.

ksi-mythology-mire-squid-v2_orig.jpg

33ae.gif

Just saw this today. You were great. :D.

The movie was really good too. Great special effects and action scenes.

1 person likes this

It's been a couple of days since I saw Kong and I still catch myself thinking about how much fun it was. It never took itself too seriously and just did exactly what it needed to do while fixing a lot of what was wrong with Godzilla. Legendary definitely steered this on the right course. 

Just saw Hacksaw Ridge, and, to be honest... Wow. 

Spoiler

No. Just, no. It's a GREAT story by itself, but my goodness, the insanely over the top gore (even for a war movie) and  crazy theatrics were just so overdone. It really took a story that was AWESOME and made it feel so inauthentic. I'm still not quite sure if it was just that the style didn't appeal to me or if was really as overdone as I feel it was, but I didn't like it at all.  

25 minutes ago, Jbadger9 said:

Oh jeez

Completely off-topic, but your profile pic is the most unsettling thing I've seen.

Back on topic: saw the Ghostbusters reboot last week over break, and yeesh. I like each individual actor, but not in this setting. Felt like an extremely long SNL skit. 

I balanced it out with Snowden, which was very interesting and fun to watch, as well as Finding Dory, which was alright for what it was. 

Kong was amazing. 

2 people like this

Finding Dory is a movie about an octopus that walks around on land and drives cars. It was stupid.

Ghostbusters 2016, I thought, was very good. It was funny (especially Kate McKinnon), it looked great, and it moves at a way faster clip than the original Ghostbusters (which is not nearly as funny now as people think it is and Bill Murray is a sexual predator in it). I wish it hadn't been judged by so many as the girl Ghostbusters movie but instead appreciated on its own merits. I think a lot of people disregarded something they may have actually enjoyed.

I finally saw Moana. It was as great as everyone says it is. I didn't realize Lin Manuel Miranda did much of the music -- only one song was Hamiltoned (You're Welcome); the rest showed a surprising amount of range.

1 person likes this

My ratings for movies I've seen so far in 2017 (based on 10 stars):

Underworld 5: Blood Wars: 4 stars

Live By Night : 4 stars

John Wick 2: 5 stars

Logan: 9 stars

The Shack: 10 stars

Kong:  6 stars

My woman got the great idea to rent Manchester by the Sea. 

I've never been so bored.  

No idea why Hollywood critics love this movie. 

1 person likes this

On 2017-03-15 at 2:51 AM, Midway said:

It's been a couple of days since I saw Kong and I still catch myself thinking about how much fun it was. It never took itself too seriously and just did exactly what it needed to do while fixing a lot of what was wrong with Godzilla. Legendary definitely steered this on the right course. 

I got both King Kong and Godzilla's autographs. Godzilla charged me $50 bucks for his!! I'm telling you he's a jerk in real life.

rvy1qe.jpg

24g2dz8.jpg

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

Godzilla charged me $50 bucks for his!! I'm telling you he's a jerk in real life.

That's rediculous! Godzilla's a cheapskate

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

I got both King Kong and Godzilla's autographs. Godzilla charged me $50 bucks for his!! I'm telling you he's a jerk in real life.

The King of Monsters can charge whatever he wants and people will pay it. 

Godzilla had top billing over Raymond Burr--it was worth your $50.

6 hours ago, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

Godzilla charged me $50 bucks for his!! I'm telling you he's a jerk in real life.

That MONSTER!

1 person likes this

Be glad it was the original Godzilla. I hear that Zilla doesn't even give out autographs, just crates of rotten tomatoes to be throw at him.

Lego Ninjago is also gonna have it's own motion picture...

I mean I'm glad these are taking off, because Legos are awesome, but I guess if anything I'm slightly jealous I didn't have these movies when I was a kid.  

1 person likes this

After seeing Split last month, I finally got around to seeing Unbreakable.  I thought it was really good and completely misunderstood for its time.  Don't get me wrong, it was NOT Sixth Sense, but I thought it was really good.

I also watch Autism in Love on Netflix.  I like to not talk about that one, if that's ok.