• Please log in to reply
935 replies to this topic

#21 TalktoChuck

TalktoChuck
  • #WhyNotUs

• Members
  • 3,432 posts

Posted June 24, 2011 - 00:16

I am so excited for "Moneyball." I had always wanted to read the book but never got around to it. Then I saw that the movie was coming out and I decided I had some free time so I picked it up. I just started it on Monday so I'm not totally done yet, but if the rest of the book is as good as it has been, it will be my favorite nonfiction book ever. I love it. You just end up cheering for every player (even though since it's nonfiction, I already know what has happened), especially Hatteberg. I'm also excited because Hatteberg will be played in the film by Chris Pratt of "Parks and Recreation" fame (also the husband of Anna Faris) and Parks and Rec is my favorite show, so I would always like to see a movie with cast members in it.

Posted Image

I'm excited for Moneyball as well. It looks like one great movie.

For those wanting to see the trailer.

AVS2_zps172bdfb6.gif

#22 Connor Hanley

Connor Hanley

• Members
  • 1,317 posts

• Favourite Logos:Vancouver Canucks, Washington Capitals, Hartford Whalers

Posted June 24, 2011 - 03:18

Highlander remake anyone?
Posted Image

#23 Dexter Morgan

Dexter Morgan

• Members
  • 2,491 posts

Posted June 24, 2011 - 08:50

I'm a history and movie buff, so this will be a must see for me.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0443272/

Daniel Day-Lewis playing Lincoln, Doris Kearns Goodwin the writer, Steven Spielberg the director.

What more can you ask for?

Muppets, a ham sandwich and Sofia Vergara. :D

So far, the cast is really solid for Lincoln. Day-Lewis generally doesn't make a bad move, either. I wonder who they'll cast as Booth (spoiler alert!)

Looking at the cast list on the IMDB site, my best guess is John Hawkes. (from Perfect Storm)

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0370035/

#24 jrodsep

jrodsep
  • FIRE THIS MAN!!!!

• Members
  • 2,280 posts

Posted June 25, 2011 - 19:37

Daniel Day-Lewis playing Lincoln, Doris Kearns Goodwin the writer, Steven Spielberg the director.

Muppets, a ham sandwich and Sofia Vergara. :D

So far, the cast is really solid for Lincoln. Day-Lewis generally doesn't make a bad move, either. I wonder who they'll cast as Booth (spoiler alert!)

Looking at the cast list on the IMDB site, my best guess is John Hawkes. (from Perfect Storm)

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0370035/

Since we are talking about Abe Lincoln....who's looking forward to Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter? I know I am. And i'm also looking forward World War Z.
Posted Image

#25 Mings

Mings
  • Forever suspended.

• Members
  • 11,215 posts

Posted June 25, 2011 - 20:05

Abe Lincoln was filming in Audubon Park in NOLA a couple months back...it had omitted the Vampire Hunter on the signs though.

#26 Ice_Cap

Ice_Cap
  • playoffs

• Members
  • 19,638 posts

Posted June 25, 2011 - 20:07

I'm looking forward to this. Day-Lewis should knock this one out of the park.

ultimateteamsigII_zpsc9247f8f.png

BASSempire_zps93b46457.png

PotD 2/26/12

#27 youcan'tseeme

youcan'tseeme
  • It's a bowling term I've applied to throat rips

• Members
  • 3,339 posts

Posted June 26, 2011 - 11:45

Despite some story flaws, I loved the new X-men which I saw last night.
Posted Image

#28 CS85

CS85
  • Fruggin' rite, shikagOOO

• Members
  • 11,693 posts

Posted June 26, 2011 - 12:09

I'm looking forward to this. Day-Lewis should knock this one out of the park.

"I...free...your...slaves! I free them, I let them right out! It's called 'emancipation,' Jefferson, you boy."

RfUid8V.png

twitter

#29 B-Rich

B-Rich
  • Happy Camper

• Members
  • 1,017 posts

Posted June 27, 2011 - 13:31

Abe Lincoln was filming in Audubon Park in NOLA a couple months back...it had omitted the Vampire Hunter on the signs though.

Yeah, they've been filming "ALVH" (what the directional signs posted on telephone poles for cast and crew look like) around town for awhile... I was downtown Friday afternoon and they were preparing to film outside of Gallier Hall. Lots of extras and people in costume milling around. Kind of funny to see people in civil war-era garb standing around smoking cigarettes.
It is what it is.

#30 DaRadniz29

DaRadniz29
  • Go Sharks: Go Get The Stanley Cup!!

• Members
  • 826 posts

• Favourite Logos:Sharks, St. Louis Cardinals, SF 49ers, Seattle Mariners, Florida Marlins.

Posted June 27, 2011 - 19:11

Just watched the trailer for Moneyball... looks pretty good. Not sure about Jonah Hill though. He just seems miscast, but he might surprise me. Moneyball actually reminds me of a story for a script I had in mind about a gambling head coach of a Minor League baseball team, but I never got much past that and it never fortified into anything. I have an idea for a hockey movie -No not D4 - though I did think about it a few years back, but this hockey story I have is somewhat dark and involves a more serious subject matter.

anyway I'm looking forward to:

Moneyball
Footlose (Yep the year of the remakes strikes again, but this actually looks decent enough to check out)

Kind of curious about Zookeeper. I like physical comedy, not sure about the Talking animals though, but hey Adam Sandler as a talking money... who knew :)

I enjoyed XMen First Class. Yeah there were flaws, but I thought the film was pretty good. Pirates 4 was meh. Lots of Action, but that's about it.

One surprise was Soul Surfer. Very well made film. Great performances. There's quite a few reviews that say there's too many Christian themes in it, but while there's a few chapel scenes and a couple thing here and there, but I I never once thought they were beating me over the head with it. People need to remember this is based on a true story of Bethany Hamilton and she is Christian. It would have been a disservice to leave those pieces out. But the movie is more about perseverance and overcoming life's challenges. Definitely inspirational. All actors gave great performances and Robb I think gave her best performance since BTT. Some of the effect were a low-budget, but not a big deal to me.

Curious to see how the HP movie ends - though not expecting any surprises :)

That's about all I can think right now. Of course me being a Batman fan, I'm definitely looking forward to TDK Rises. If you go to thedarkknightrises.com there's a mysterious chant. Also supposedly certain twitter batman related hashtags reveal something on the website, a puzzle or something? Haven't tried it, as my twitter knowledge is limited.

#31 cameroncrazie07

cameroncrazie07
  • Science is a liar sometimes

• Members
  • 2,303 posts

• Favourite Logos:Texas Rangers, Phoenix Suns

Posted June 27, 2011 - 21:58

Yeah I saw the X-Men movie and I have to say, it was way better than expected. Not really a fan of the series, but it kept me interested throughout.

And I have a little something to complain about here. Anyone else see the trailer for "Friends With Benefits" with Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis? That's the second movie in this year that the plot has just been "a girl and guy get together, make jokes, have sex, end of movie." The other being "No Strings Attached" with Ashton Kutcher and Natalie Portman. Now I'm not complaining seeing these girls wearing little clothing, but can't the writers come up with anything more? I mean I could've written that. It just seems so non-thought out.

#32 Drakonius26

Drakonius26

• Members
  • 1,398 posts

Posted June 27, 2011 - 23:48

Yeah I saw the X-Men movie and I have to say, it was way better than expected. Not really a fan of the series, but it kept me interested throughout.

And I have a little something to complain about here. Anyone else see the trailer for "Friends With Benefits" with Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis? That's the second movie in this year that the plot has just been "a girl and guy get together, make jokes, have sex, end of movie." The other being "No Strings Attached" with Ashton Kutcher and Natalie Portman. Now I'm not complaining seeing these girls wearing little clothing, but can't the writers come up with anything more? I mean I could've written that. It just seems so non-thought out.

That's 99% of most romantic comedies, and most of what Hollywood makes is unoriginal and uninspired anyway. Look at all the horror knockoffs they produced in the 2000's. Thankfully it's decreased some, but there was seemingly one being released every other weekend.

#33 Dexter Morgan

Dexter Morgan

• Members
  • 2,491 posts

Posted July 10, 2011 - 14:29

Going to see Horrible Bosses tonight.

#34 Gary.

Gary.
  • Freddy Got You!

• Members
  • 19,256 posts

Posted July 12, 2011 - 10:37

Remake of Footloose and Fright Night coming out this year. Can't they just leave remakes alone?

glendale_sig.jpg

#35 Mings

Mings
  • Forever suspended.

• Members
  • 11,215 posts

Posted July 12, 2011 - 11:18

Where is my Debbie does Dallas remake starring Kate Upton damnit?

#36 Gary.

Gary.
  • Freddy Got You!

• Members
  • 19,256 posts

Posted July 12, 2011 - 12:11

Wait about 10 years when she'd washed up and coked out.

glendale_sig.jpg

#37 Breakwood

Breakwood
  • Allez l'OL!

• Members
  • 3,617 posts

Posted July 12, 2011 - 15:41

I'm not a big movie guy, but I am looking forward to the Tintin film that is expected to be out in the fall.
Posted Image

#38 NJTank

NJTank
  • Being a Mets fan is like being water boarded on a nightly basis

• Members
  • 39,619 posts

• Favourite Logos:New York Mets
      Detroit Red Wings
      Tampa Bay Buccaneers
      Boston Celtics

Posted July 12, 2011 - 16:11

Remake of Footloose and Fright Night coming out this year. Can't they just leave remakes alone?

This is why I hate Hollywood.
Posted Image
www.sportsecyclopedia.com
For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at
http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com
Posted Image

#39 Mings

Mings
  • Forever suspended.

• Members
  • 11,215 posts

Posted July 12, 2011 - 16:37

Young, supple and barely used or I'm not watching it.

Hell who am I kidding, I'd probably still say yes to used up and coked out.

Amy Fisher is looking hot on Celebrity Rehab.

#40 jrodsep

jrodsep
  • FIRE THIS MAN!!!!

• Members
  • 2,280 posts

Posted July 12, 2011 - 21:05

Hey in that case they should give Lindsay Lohan the part
Posted Image