Can't wait for "Rise of the Planet of the Apes."

Posted Image

Fast. Hard. Finish.

#43 gingerbreadmann

gingerbreadmann
  • I guess I hate UVA now.

• Members
  • 4,683 posts

• Favourite Logos:Is not spelled with a "u"!

Posted July 28, 2011 - 02:03

I saw Crazy, Stupid Love at an advance screening the other day... pretty funny. Somewhat cliche, but what romantic comedy isn't? I would recommend it.

#44 CS85

CS85
  • resident joyless turd

• Members
  • 13,439 posts

Posted July 28, 2011 - 04:17

Watched The Good, The Bad & The Ugly tonight. As always, great stuff.

#45 CityOfWalrus

CityOfWalrus
  • Spartan Football!

• Members
  • 4,777 posts

Posted July 28, 2011 - 04:34

Remake of Footloose and Fright Night coming out this year. Can't they just leave remakes alone?

This is why I hate Hollywood.

As a business aspect why would they want to take a risk on something that may or may not waste 50-100Million dollars? Or... Make something that has a built in audience thats atleast going to make an okay to a decent amount back?

This is why I'm tired of people complaining that all hollywood does is remake and reboot movies. Yeah they do because like anything else its a BUSINESS. New original idea movies don't get made without going the independant route or you have the clout like Christopher Nolan to make a film using a not existing material (ie: Books, Life Stories, Biopics) Hollywood like every other buisness has to put out a product that they know will make and sell because there is already a built in audience.

Why do you think they're making Millenium Series (The girl with the dragon tattoo, Kicked hornet's nest and Played with fire) movies just a few years after the swedish language ones were made. Because the Millenium Series books are freaking huge in the US and most americans don't want to watch a movie and read subtitles. Instant money and a product that will sell.

966b5c58-ba24-4513-87f3-112c405a0e45_zps

#? Hawai'i Tech Spartans (NCFA-F) - 1-3-0 (0-0-0)

4 NCFA National Championships, 7 Straight NC appearances, 90+ Wins, Shell of their Former Selves Presently.

#46 burgundy

burgundy
  • Go Burrito Go!

• Members
  • 1,658 posts

Posted July 28, 2011 - 09:14

Remake of Footloose and Fright Night coming out this year. Can't they just leave remakes alone?

This is why I hate Hollywood.

As a business aspect why would they want to take a risk on something that may or may not waste 50-100Million dollars? Or... Make something that has a built in audience thats atleast going to make an okay to a decent amount back?

This is why I'm tired of people complaining that all hollywood does is remake and reboot movies. Yeah they do because like anything else its a BUSINESS. New original idea movies don't get made without going the independant route or you have the clout like Christopher Nolan to make a film using a not existing material (ie: Books, Life Stories, Biopics) Hollywood like every other buisness has to put out a product that they know will make and sell because there is already a built in audience.

Why do you think they're making Millenium Series (The girl with the dragon tattoo, Kicked hornet's nest and Played with fire) movies just a few years after the swedish language ones were made. Because the Millenium Series books are freaking huge in the US and most americans don't want to watch a movie and read subtitles. Instant money and a product that will sell.

It's not like it's anything new either. Stories have been told and retold thousands upon thousands of times over the years. As far as movies and TV go, there's been 10+ versions of Robin Hood, 20+ iterations of Dracula, and 30+ of The Three Musketeers.

#47 Mindless

Mindless
  • Life is an Odyssey!

• Members
  • 6,564 posts

Posted July 28, 2011 - 10:36

I realize that we're a few years away from seeing an official sneak peak of Jurassic Park 4 (or whatever the official title will be), but I was wondering how a potential reboot of the Jurassic Park movie franchise will reinvigorate and recapture the audiences imagination.

#48 CAB

CAB
  • ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• Members
  • 1,946 posts

Posted July 28, 2011 - 11:02

Horrible Bosses > The Hangover.

Anyone else seen it? I thought it was hilarious, easily the funniest movie of the summer.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

#49 NoHoJoe

NoHoJoe

• Members
  • 2,453 posts

Posted July 29, 2011 - 05:38

How about a remake of "Twelve o'Clock High" starring Snoop Dogg?
BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

#50 udubs03

udubs03
  • Former Taz enthusiast

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted July 29, 2011 - 09:53

Horrible Bosses > The Hangover.

Anyone else seen it? I thought it was hilarious, easily the funniest movie of the summer.

I was pleasantly surprised by this. It was well casted and consistently funny. I agree that it's better than the Hangover (Way better than Hangover 2).

I'm pretty excited for the Rise of the Planet of the Apes. I love the old series and am interested to see a new take on it especially after that Burton/Wahlberg POS.

Posted Image

#51 Connor Hanley

Connor Hanley
  • Connorreah

• Members
  • 1,381 posts

• Favourite Logos:Vancouver Canucks, Washington Capitals, Hartford Whalers

Posted July 30, 2011 - 03:19

Still waiting on more development on the highlander reboot.
Posted Image

#52 CS85

CS85
  • resident joyless turd

• Members
  • 13,439 posts

Posted August 6, 2011 - 21:59

Rise of the Planet of the Apes was awesome. Very entertaining, a lot of fun. It also had a "THAT WAS AWESOME!" moment about half way through that sets the tone for the rest of the movie. Worth the admission, surely.

#53 CAB

CAB
  • ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• Members
  • 1,946 posts

Posted August 7, 2011 - 15:32

^I agree 100%. I'll admit that I didn't expect something that great going in, but I was pleasantly surprised. More of a storyline than I thought there would be, and less of apes destroying :censored: . Although when they did, it was pretty sweet.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

#54 WildWinger88

WildWinger88
  • Play Like A Raven

• Members
  • 6,356 posts

• Favourite Logos:Anaheim Ducks Secondary (2010-Present)
      Mighty Ducks of Anaheim ('93-'06)
      Baltimore Ravens ('96-'97)
      Baltimore Bullets
      Baltimore Orioles (2012)
      Richmond Renegades ('90-'03)

Posted August 7, 2011 - 20:42

I saw Change-Up over the weekend with some friends (I actually wanted to see Apes more, but they dragged me) and it was not half bad. Not to mention, Olivia Wilde was sexy as all get out. I want to see Apes really soon. I'm a huge fan of the old franchise and I like the new spin they're putting on this re-boot. One film I'm really looking forward to, though, is Shark Night. I saw the trailer before Change-Up and I think this is going to be sick!

Team2014Signature.png

FANTASY CLUBS:

Richmond Renegades (2x Capital Cup Champs)(NAHL/GHA 2006-Present)Baltimore Claws (MLH 2013-Present) - Richmond Roadrunners (CFA 2011-Present) - Virginia Pines (1x Gait Cup Champs) (ULL 2011-Present) - Richmond Virginians (CL 2013-Present) - Virginia Squires (UBA 2011-Present) - Bayern Baltimore (CPL 2011/USA 2011-Present)

#55 TalktoChuck

TalktoChuck
  • Dig In!

• Members
  • 3,698 posts

Posted August 7, 2011 - 23:38

I saw Change-Up over the weekend with some friends (I actually wanted to see Apes more, but they dragged me) and it was not half bad. Not to mention, Olivia Wilde was sexy as all get out. I want to see Apes really soon. I'm a huge fan of the old franchise and I like the new spin they're putting on this re-boot. One film I'm really looking forward to, though, is Shark Night. I saw the trailer before Change-Up and I think this is going to be sick!

Saw a special advanced screening for The Change-Up and thought it was hilarious. They may be could have done with fewer f-bombs but even with the excessive swearing it was a great laugh. Plus any movie where you get to see Leslie Mann naked and Olivia Wilde in her underwear is a great movie in my book!

AVS2_zps172bdfb6.gif

#56 gingerbreadmann

gingerbreadmann
  • I guess I hate UVA now.

• Members
  • 4,683 posts

• Favourite Logos:Is not spelled with a "u"!

Posted August 8, 2011 - 01:53

Saw a screener of 30 Minutes or Less. I have never liked Danny McBride, and he did nothing here to change that. He had his usual share of funny lines, but overall he is annoying. The movie itself was awful for about the first 15-20 minutes, but then ramped up in action, laughs, and enjoyment once the plot really starts. It was kind of stupid, but at least it knew it was stupid and didn't try to pretend otherwise. I enjoyed it, although not as much as Zombieland.

#57 MDC

MDC
  • I'm the next Douglas Bubbletrousers

• Members
  • 1,797 posts

• Favourite Logos:Blackhawks>All

Posted August 8, 2011 - 14:24

Rise of the Planet of the Apes was indeed awesome. I loved it. The CGI was amazing and Caesar the chimp was so beautifully done. Andy Serkis deserves some serious recognition for his mo-cap work.

Posted Image

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

#58 udubs03

udubs03
  • Former Taz enthusiast

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted August 8, 2011 - 15:01

I also loved Apes. I was going into hoping for it to be good but not expecting it to be. It definitely exceeded my expectations and was one of my favorite movies of the summer so far. The CGI/Andy Serkis did a great job of conveying a real sense of emotion from the Caesar character and the human characters didn't get in the way too much. There were a lot of great moments...
Spoiler

I still want to see Cowboys and Aliens (anyone been?), but there's not much else coming out that I'm particularly looking forward to.

Posted Image

#59 DPV713

DPV713

• Members
  • 474 posts

Posted August 8, 2011 - 15:47

The Change-Up is definately the funniest movie of the summer. I saw it Saturday and I couldn't stop laughing. Plus Leslie Mann and Olivia Wilde nude makes it even better. Going to see 30 Minutes or Less sometime next week, hoping not to be disappointed.

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

#60 YessSir32

YessSir32

• Members
  • 2,093 posts

Posted August 8, 2011 - 16:34

I also loved Apes. I was going into hoping for it to be good but not expecting it to be. It definitely exceeded my expectations and was one of my favorite movies of the summer so far. The CGI/Andy Serkis did a great job of conveying a real sense of emotion from the Caesar character and the human characters didn't get in the way too much. There were a lot of great moments...

Spoiler

Haha, everyone laughed when that happened and Malfoy's reaction was great. Amazing movie though. Didn't expect a huge storyline, but it was played out great. The Caesar story was really cool.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)