Mongoose

• Members
  • 194 posts

• Favourite Logos:NHL: Hartford Whalers
      MLB: St. Louis Cardinals
      NFL: Atlanta Falcons
      NCAA: Florida Gators

Posted August 8, 2011 - 18:08

I loved Rise of the Planet of the Apes. I was not expecting such a great storyline, but I was pleasantly surprised. There were quite a few "WOW that just happened!" moments in the film. As much as I loved the movie, I would not like to see a direct sequel. IMO the story of Caesar is over and if they make more Planet of the Apes movies, I think they should do it in the future with new ape and human characters.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#62 Jahgee

Jahgee
  • Lord I want to thank you for my smokin' hot wife.

• Banned
  • 1,243 posts

Posted August 8, 2011 - 19:46

I want to see what led up to the blowing up of the Statue of Liberty that is seen in the original.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#63 CS85

CS85
  • I can't think of anything

• Members
  • 11,671 posts

Posted August 8, 2011 - 19:51

Spoiler

Same here, it was awesome. The theater went "WAH!" and then I heard this guy behind me say "holy :censored:...that was :censored: awesome."

RfUid8V.png

twitter

#64 Shumway

Shumway
  • Troutstanding!

• Members
  • 9,093 posts

• Favourite Logos:Anything with a mascot in a sweater or anthropomorphic foods.

Posted August 8, 2011 - 23:43

I've only seen the trailer, but the upcoming "Anonymous" sounds like an interesting concept, The basic jist is that Shakespeare is a fraud. It's intirguing, to say the least.

#65 snoopd

snoopd

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted August 9, 2011 - 21:43

I like him very much.

#66 Dexter Morgan

Dexter Morgan

• Members
  • 2,491 posts

Posted September 5, 2011 - 23:29

I have to go see this.

#67 McCarthy

McCarthy
  • PLAYOFFS

• Members
  • 9,929 posts

• Favourite Logos:Houston Texans
      Hartford Whalers
      Minnesota Wild
      Florida Everblades
      Manitoba Moose

Posted September 6, 2011 - 02:53

I recently saw "Our Idiot Brother" and in the process tied my own record for fewest people I've seen a movie in a movie theatre with. 3. That's including myself.

The movie was very enjoyable though. Paul Rudd is usually a winning proposition for me.

#68 CS85

CS85

• Members
  • 11,671 posts

Posted September 6, 2011 - 02:58

I heard it was actually a lot better than most people would suspect.

RfUid8V.png

twitter

#69 CityOfWalrus

CityOfWalrus
  • Spartan Football!

• Members
  • 4,663 posts

Posted September 6, 2011 - 03:43

I recently saw "Our Idiot Brother" and in the process tied my own record for fewest people I've seen a movie in a movie theatre with. 3. That's including myself.

The movie was very enjoyable though. Paul Rudd is usually a winning proposition for me.

It wasn't a bad movie, the problem is that I should've waited to see it from redbox, its that kind of movie to where it wasn't funny enough to be like "I've gotta see that" but it wasn't bad enough to say "Avoid this POS". It was a good DVD movie.

As for some movies coming that I want to see: Warrior, Contagion, The Devil's Double (already out however), 50/50 and Drive (Love Nicolas Winding Refn's films)

966b5c58-ba24-4513-87f3-112c405a0e45_zps

#7 Hawai'i Tech Spartans (NCFA-F) - 5-5-0 (1-3-0)

4 NCFA National Championships, 7 Straight NC appearances, and 88 Wins

#70 NJTank

NJTank
  • Being a Mets fan is like being water boarded on a nightly basis

• Members
  • 39,598 posts

• Favourite Logos:New York Mets
      Detroit Red Wings
      Tampa Bay Buccaneers
      Boston Celtics

Posted September 6, 2011 - 07:23

You knw what movie I am sick of?

Bucky Lawson, just a 30 second commerical is unbearable imagine two hours of it, I rather wear the Maryland uniforms.
Posted Image
www.sportsecyclopedia.com
For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at
http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com
Posted Image

#71 CityOfWalrus

CityOfWalrus
  • Spartan Football!

• Members
  • 4,663 posts

Posted September 6, 2011 - 17:28

Bucky Lawson, just a 30 second commerical is unbearable imagine two hours of it, I rather wear the Maryland uniforms.

I have to agree. Normally I like nick swordson's stuff and I think he's funny but this movie looks f'n terrible. The trailer annoys me, the poster annoys me, and then just the character annoys me. Looks like it's 9 time worse than Dickie Roberts, just plain worthless movie.

#72 Seadragon76

Seadragon76
  • Southern Iowa Athletics: Thunderbirds.. Are... GO!

• Members
  • 7,792 posts

Posted September 6, 2011 - 19:27

I agree with both of you. Those godforsaken Bucky Larson commericials are getting on my nerves... I swear, if this movie doesn't get any Golden Razzies for how godawful it's going to be, then the people at Happy Madison must be the smartest S.O.B's around.

Seadragon Fantasy Sports - Where success comes once in a blood moon

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Iowa Raccoons (CL - 2013 CL Playoff Champions)  - Des Moines Elks (IBL) - Dynamo Iowa FC (USA) - Omaha Monarchs (CAFL)

San Antonio Silver Hawks (UFL)  - Thunder Bay Giants (TNFF)  - Southern Iowa Thunderbirds (NCFA)  - Tokyo Samurai (WAFA)

#73 Shumway

Shumway
  • Troutstanding!

• Members
  • 9,093 posts

• Favourite Logos:Anything with a mascot in a sweater or anthropomorphic foods.

Posted September 6, 2011 - 20:34

Same here, Tank. It doesn't help that I absolutely can't stand Nick Swartson. His stand-up material's just not funny (or original) at all.

#74 GoNordiques

GoNordiques
  • TEN YEARS UNITED

• Members
  • 4,701 posts

• Favourite Logos:(Unused) Quebec Nordiques
      Detroit Tigers (1961-1993)

Posted September 6, 2011 - 21:42

Same here, Tank. It doesn't help that I absolutely can't stand Nick Swartson. His stand-up material's just not funny (or original) at all.

When was the last time a Happy Madison movie was actually good? I mean it is named after the two best Sandler movies, but I'm sure he peaked after the Waterboy.

UNITED_FOOTBALL_10_SIG_zps39d12c53.png

#75 Dexter Morgan

Dexter Morgan

• Members
  • 2,491 posts

Posted September 6, 2011 - 22:13

When was the last time a Happy Madison movie was actually good? I mean it is named after the two best Sandler movies, but I'm sure he peaked after the Waterboy.

When we were 12. Even the supposed good one's Happy Gilmour and Billy Madison are pretty unbearable to watch now. Unlike Dumb and Dumber, those flicks do not stand the test of time.

#76 scottysprings

scottysprings

• Members
  • 3,261 posts

Posted September 6, 2011 - 22:15

C'mon now, Grandma's Boy is pretty great.

#77 CS85

CS85

• Members
  • 11,671 posts

Posted September 7, 2011 - 00:40

C'mon now, Grandma's Boy is pretty great.

I worked at a movie theater when that came out. A group of about 8 elderly women came to see it one Sunday thinking it was some fun family romp.

I walked in to check on them right as they were discussing the weed that would turn you into a deer. Great, great day.

RfUid8V.png

twitter

#78 CityOfWalrus

CityOfWalrus
  • Spartan Football!

• Members
  • 4,663 posts

Posted September 7, 2011 - 03:36

I thought Grandma's Boy, Click, Regin Over Me and Paul Blart: Mall Cop were good films. They're not unbearable and still produce some good laughs.

#79 CS85

CS85

• Members
  • 11,671 posts

Posted September 7, 2011 - 08:03

This Bucky Larson thing has 1 thing going for it: it's rated R and looks completely idiotic. I'm hoping for Grandma's Boy esque laughs and to not be annoyed to death by. That being said I'm not paying for it in theaters.

RfUid8V.png

twitter

#80 Coast2CoastAM2006

Coast2CoastAM2006
  • The Yes! revolution

• Members
  • 6,824 posts

• Favourite Logos:Islanders Fisherman

Posted September 7, 2011 - 08:27

completely agreed on the Bucky Larson movie. Normally a trailer at least gets me to want to take a look at a movie. Even if it's a total piece of crap.(not going to name names, 2012) This is the first one in a long time that i can remember that the trailer actually makes me not want to see it. If the trailer annoys me to no end, I can't imagine how the movie is.

on a side note, i was looking at a trailer for the movie Amadeus that came out years ago. The trailer really doesn't get you all that excited to see the movie, yet the movie really is pretty good. Not historically accurate but a great movie overall. Just the trailer was really bad and uninspired.

Islanders96.png

C2CAM2006 doesn't exist, he is a figment of your imagination.  Now let me ask you, do you know who I am? I'll tell you who I am. My name is Frank Garrett and I work for Duncan Construction and I am the one that is going to tell you that my pen is bigger than yours because I buy my pens from Pen Island.