Winnipeg Jets Primary Logo

therocheapproach

WJets_MRoche.jpg

I wanted to update the Jets mark, simplify it and add more color contrast to it. The wordmark is original, no fonts used. The red mark is an abstract burst inspired by a fighter jet, the canadian maple leaf and super sonic explosions - in other words, total awesomeness.

WinnipegJetsJersey.jpg

For the uni's, I kept things as close to the originals but also matching the updated identity.

I would try to make the burst look a little more like something (preferably a jet). Right now it's almost a jet, but looks a little too weird to actually be one, so it looks awkward.

It does have a Canucks-plate-of-spaghetti feel to it now that someone said it. You have a version with the text horizontal instead of angled downward, maybe you should make the whole logo that way, just rotate it a bit clockwise.

It is a REALLY good logo. I'm actually quite surprised, that after all of the concepts on here, something like this hasn't been done yet, but it hasn't. This is a fresh idea that really works well, and I dare say that it's genius in its simplicity. This is exactly the kind of thing I expect to see with the actual team. Nice work.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Yo...that's pretty hot! I love the sleek sense of motion evoked by that wordmark, and the jet blast/maple leaf is a very nice addition as well.

I also see you managed to work a one-color version as well. Very nicely done--I could see the team using this in the future (if it was allowed, of course.) Also, nice to see some work from you again after so long.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I'll be honest, I'm already quite sick and tired of Winnipeg NHL/Jets concepts. That being said, this one is superb, I love the simplicity of it, and the subtleties are amazing. The fact that the circle background is slightly skewed toward the flying jet is a great detail. The only (and I mean ONLY) suggestion I would make is maybe to add the under arching "Winnipeg" under the Jets in order to A) Tie in with the old team's logos and B ) to get rid of the slight top-heaviness of the logo.

This is among my favorite logos ever posted in these forums, and that is saying a lot.

TDZiMMB.png

Like Bayne said, it's just missing something. I know it's probably inevitable for the team, but I just don't like the Blue Jackets/Canadiens/Rangers/Capitals color scheme being used AGAIN. I think the way the bottom of the stick on the J (sorry I don't know the technical term) isn't parallel breaks the potential flow of the name. The red mark doesn't look enough like a maple leaf or a jet, more like a spark, and there needs to be some sort of mention of Winnipeg. It's just a little too plain to be honest.

Not bad, a little bland overall, but beyond making the red explosion appears more jet-like, and adding Winnipeg to the actual crest itself, I can't complain too much about this concept. And while the color combination isn't unique, the only other combinations I could imagine the Winnipeg Jets in are perhaps a navy blue/metallic gold/white combo, or a teal/orange/silver combo.

It's pretty good except for all the empty blue space, especially on the bottom. I know youre going for simple, and I think simple suits the Jets better than something overdone, but if you reduce the size of the huge blue circle by maybe 30%, I think it'd be much better. That big circle is what's making it bland as a few others said. Also, if you add 'Winnipeg' in their, it could add that little extra something to take up space.

I'll be honest, I'm already quite sick and tired of Winnipeg NHL/Jets concepts. That being said, this one is superb, I love the simplicity of it, and the subtleties are amazing. The fact that the circle background is slightly skewed toward the flying jet is a great detail. The only (and I mean ONLY) suggestion I would make is maybe to add the under arching "Winnipeg" under the Jets in order to A) Tie in with the old team's logos and B ) to get rid of the slight top-heaviness of the logo.

This is among my favorite logos ever posted in these forums, and that is saying a lot.

Actually, I would lower "Jets/jet" a bit and put Winnipeg on top. Nice subtle tie-in to the old set. But overall, I find the simplicity of this logo very appealing and think it's a nice "new" logo that would still be liked by the die-hard Jets fans. Maybe some tweaks made here and there, a little refinement, and I could see this being used. Great work.

Archived