Baseball player in action uniform template

DAHOF

In May, I started this thread documenting my first attempt at creating a new photoshop based action baseball template.

I got a lot of good feedback. After letting it sit for a month or so, I started re-working my original design with the hopes to improve it.

The original concept is still the same:

DAHOF_player%20V3_4.png

I am not 100% happy with my initial attempt at pinstripes, but I feel like I am getting closer to the intended vision with this iteration of the template. At this point I wanted to throw it back out and get some more feedback. Since you have last seen this template, I have reworked the edges on almost every layer to make the entire template more sharp and crisp. I also improved or added options for a vest, long pants, pinstripes, 70's style beltless/pullover design, lots of different piping options, the helmet has a front panel color and colored visor options. Everything can be modified by the correct layering and utilizing the color overlay and/or opacity/fill settings.

A couple of examples to show the versatility of the template...

Pullover v-neck jersey with long beltless pants and shoulder stripes:

DAHOF_mariners_V3_1%20500px.png

Vest, short pants, colored front panel helmet, and no sanitary socks:

DAHOF_MICH_V3_4.png

An Astros "tequila sunrise" just for fun (yes, you can change the colors to your own rainbow desires):

DAHOF_Astros_V3_1%20500px.png

And finally, I pulled it all together for a remake of one of my favorite baseball movies:

Bad%20News%20Bears%20concept.png

Any feedback is appreciated and will be considered.

These are really nice, but I do have one issue with the template. The player's face looks way too thin in comparison to the size of his neck. This makes it look like the player has a flat head. I would suggest moving the jawline (the on that becomes hidden by the earflap) farther to the right, giving him a larger, more proportional head.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

These are really nice, but I do have one issue with the template. The player's face looks way too thin in comparison to the size of his neck. This makes it look like the player has a flat head. I would suggest moving the jawline (the on that becomes hidden by the earflap) farther to the right, giving him a larger, more proportional head.

Thanks. That is excellent feedback.

If you stare at something too long, you miss things. I clearly see what you are talking about. I will see if the modification works and share it back.

Thanks. That is excellent feedback.

If you stare at something too long, you miss things. I clearly see what you are talking about. I will see if the modification works and share it back.

Here is a close up of the face/jawline modification suggested by Lafarge. Definitely an improvement. THANKS!

DAHOF_facechange%20V3_5.png

and the full template with the face change in a 1972 Chicago White Sox HOME uniform.

DAHOF_72Sox%20V3_5_650px.png

I'd also love to give this template a shot, if it wouldn't be too much to ask.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Shall you be posting the PSD of this? I'd like to play around with it now that I have concept fever.

Send me a PM, and I will give you a URL to grab the templates.

• 3 months later...

Today I finished another baseball action template using a more abstract style.

The original concept comes from a 1979 Cubs Scorecard.

79cubs_scorecard.jpg

I lifted the throwing arm and dropped the glove position to give a clear view of the uniform front.

TURN_TWO_orange_Os%20800px.png

Let me know if you are interested in the PSD file for this template.

Shall you be posting the PSD of this? I'd like to play around with it now that I have concept fever.

Send me a PM, and I will give you a URL to grab the templates.

Hey, can you make the template into vector format and PM it to me. Thanks in advance. :grin:

GrizzlyBlack Designs, UDC Firebird

• 2 weeks later...

Can you put the new A's gold jerseys on there with matching gold pants and hat (gold, black a's, green bill)?

Sorry for the delayed response.

Real life has prevented me checking this forum recently.

Here is what the updated template looks like. I changed the throwing arm length and angle.

Does this work? I used the new A's gold jersey white/green piping versus the 1970's all gold uniform with gold/green piping.

8wcxp0.png

• 1 year later...

Archived