USA Hockey Concept

siegel0572

When looking at the jerseys I noticed that most countries have a crest or a logo of some type. The one pet peeve I've had about Team USA's look is that they have always had just USA across their chest. So I decided to give them a new look with an actual logo. To me the most obvious choice was the bald eagle and the flag so I ran with it. I also used the Nike template that the IIHF currently uses. C & C are appreciated.

TeamUSAHome-1.png

TeamUSARoad-1.png

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

I like the "hidden" star. The home looks nice, but I'm not loving the road one. I'd like to see "USA" somewhere on the front, because you wouldn't be able to tell who was playing if it was on TV. It would be nice to see stars on the shoulder patch. I don't love it, but you've got the basis of something very solid.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

One suggestion: slant the sleeve stripes in the opposite direction, or make them flat lines. That sleeve/shoulder area looks mighty crowded. Otherwise, very nice. I agree that I'd like to see a USA slapped on there somewhere, but it works.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. So here is an update. I changed the arm stripes from angled to straight, and changed the shoulder patch(which was the one part of the original I was not totally sold on) to a single star. I also changed the road from the logo to USA. I decided to keep the nameplates the same as a tribute to the 1980 team.

TeamUSAHomeVer2.png

TeamUSARoadVer2.png

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

When looking at the jerseys I noticed that most countries have a crest or a logo of some type. The one pet peeve I've had about Team USA's look is that they have always had just USA across their chest. So I decided to give them a new look with an actual logo. To me the most obvious choice was the bald eagle and the flag so I ran with it. I also used the Nike template that the IIHF currently uses. C & C are appreciated.

TeamUSAHome-1.png

TeamUSARoad-1.png

I'm getting an Austria vibe from that logo.

Austria_national_ice_hockey_team_Home_%26_Away_Jerseys.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. So here is an update. I changed the arm stripes from angled to straight, and changed the shoulder patch(which was the one part of the original I was not totally sold on) to a single star. I also changed the road from the logo to USA. I decided to keep the nameplates the same as a tribute to the 1980 team.

TeamUSAHomeVer2.png

TeamUSARoadVer2.png

Wow how slight modifications can make such a big difference, not that the original were bad which they werent, but the stripes look better, and man do the stars and the huge USA just really scream America. I lovem bold but not too crazy, very nice, i like the plates mainly b/c its as tribute to the 80s team as well.

TeamUSAHome-1.png

TeamUSARoad-1.png

I'm getting an Austria vibe from that logo.

Austria_national_ice_hockey_team_Home_%26_Away_Jerseys.png

your getting the Austria vibe, I'm getting the Saginaw feel

jy3hvhylu285m5hzs7k4hml6a.gif

well, minus the script.

Is it just me, or is plagiarism in the Concepts forum at an all-time high? Between that, stupid joke concepts, blatant trolling, fill-tool extravaganzas, and decidedly-unconstrictive criticism, Concepts is at an all-time low.

It's not just you.

Is it just me, or is plagiarism in the Concepts forum at an all-time high? Between that, stupid joke concepts, blatant trolling, fill-tool extravaganzas, and decidedly-unconstrictive criticism, Concepts is at an all-time low.

Agreed, have been coming to this board for about 2 1/2 years, used to come on and see several high quality concepts daily, now they are few and far between.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

Archived