The Miami Marlins

TheFloridianLogoMan

This is my first MLB concept made totally from scratch, and I firmly believe that this will be my most criticized concept yet.....mostly because of how simple it looks....some people might think it's too lacking for a supposed Major League Baseball team. I on the other hand, really like how most of these designs turned out, even if I think the script might leave alot to be desired, I see it as a design that would look nice on the field of play. So with that, I post my Miami Marlins concept for all to see.

Primary:

marlins1r.png

This Marlin is FAR less detailed....and yet, you might notice that the Marlin is swimming around the baseball in a forward direction to the left, not backward to the left as in the current FL Marlins logo.....I did not know this until post time as I was scrolling the Marlins logo page.

Alternate/Secondary:

marlins2.png

This is worn on both home and away uniforms as a patch.

Hat:

marlins3.png

Teal hats with orange bill....this logo is based off the old Miami Marlins hat, formed with the style of the recent Marlins caps, with the Marlin superimposed.

Uniforms:

marlinsb.pngmarlinsa.pngmarlinsc.png

I mixed two eras into this......the Miami Marlins of the '50s...and the Florida Marlins of the '90s. The uniform itself is based off the '50s version....with the exception of royal blue, replaced with teal. However....the script is loosely based off thir current script, without the tail.

I appreciate any suggestions on how I could make this look better, as well as your C&C.

This looks really solid! I like the idea of the Marlins matching the Dolphins. Sort of what like Pittsburgh does with their city's teams. IMO you have a really strong and unique script but, then the basic MLB block font. Maybe a unique font to match the script would be good?

I really like the way the logo is designed. It could be just me, but at first it looks like the Marlin is getting nailed in the side by the ball, as opposed to swimming around it. Especially with the big eyes and open mouth. Maybe just add more curve to the body to help it flow better?

The script actually looks really cool on the primary, with no outline. Maybe you can try losing the outlines on the uniforms, teal on both with the front numbers orange? just suggestions...

It could be just me, but at first it looks like the Marlin is getting nailed in the side by the ball, as opposed to swimming around it.

It's not just you, but frankly I like it. It's hilarious.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

this is a very solid concept. I'm not completely sold on the teal and orange scheme, but since it would match the dolphins, and since almost anything's an upgrade over black and teal, I think it would work. As for the logos, they're simple, but good. The current Marlins logos are just too busy.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

....It could be just me, but at first it looks like the Marlin is getting nailed in the side by the ball, as opposed to swimming around it..

It's not just you, but frankly I like it. It's hilarious.

......I too like how it looks like the marlin is being hit by a pitch. Good work.

That was "unintentional".....silly pun WAS intentional......Maybe if i add motion stripes to the Marlin tail....could that do anything??? I'll try that.

That looks pretty good. The Marlins have said they are dropping the teal, so it'd be interesting to see this concept with some different colors, but the logo and everything looks great.

I know, and that's a shame.....everybody has freaking red, white, blue, or black....I wouldn't lobby for non-grey uniforms so much if more teams wore different colors.

Honestly, I think the logo is a downgrade, but it's pretty good work. The wordmark is actually really nice looking...maybe the MIAMI part could be a tad thicker?

I really like the direction of the uniform though. I just was talking about how dumb it is that the Marlins resort to a black shirt for home and road games when they have teal and orange in their color scheme.

I think you could reverse the colors on the grey set though, and I'd definitely like to see an alternate or two.

Love the logos and color choice. Something seems off about the wordmarks, though. They look unbalanced, maybe because of the way the bottom curve of the S juts out.

I like the little motion stripe you added on the updated primary, and if you use that pattern on the sleeves and pants you'll have one great looking set.

TDZiMMB.png

I think you have a good idea, but the primary could use some tweaking. To get rid of the look that the marlin's getting hit by the ball, maybe try putting the marlin in front of the ball rather than behind it. Also, it's facial expression looks kind of awkward. Almost like it's calling out for help. Perhaps give it more of a scowl?

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

I think you have a good idea, but the primary could use some tweaking. To get rid of the look that the marlin's getting hit by the ball, maybe try putting the marlin in front of the ball rather than behind it. Also, it's facial expression looks kind of awkward. Almost like it's calling out for help. Perhaps give it more of a scowl?

There's only so much you can do with a marlin's face without it looking too cartoony....

marlins1.png

marlins-logo.jpg

As for your suggestion, let me see what I can do with that.....you might be on to something.

This is my first MLB concept made totally from scratch, and I firmly believe that this will be my most criticized concept yet.....mostly because of how simple it looks....some people might think it's too lacking for a supposed Major League Baseball team. I on the other hand, really like how most of these designs turned out, even if I think the script might leave alot to be desired, I see it as a design that would look nice on the field of play. So with that, I post my Miami Marlins concept for all to see.

IMO this is your best concept.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I really like your concept. Its refreshing to see a "simple" logo on here. I really like your 'M' cap logo, that is really nice. I see a fish swiming around a ball, not a fish getting hit by a ball.

Archived