2012 MLB All-Star Game Logo

Royals Insider

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I really like it. They always do a great job with something special for each team with the All-Star Game logos.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

GREAT LOGO!!!!

Just realized next year at this time the Mets will be stepping up to the plate for 2013. Hopefully it is better than the Dominios Logo they used for 2009.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Yeah I really like it. They always do a great job with something special for each team with the All-Star Game logos.

Is that meant for the NFL and their awful idea to ruin Super Bowl logos forever. :cursing:

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Is that meant for the NFL and their awful idea to ruin Super Bowl logos forever. :cursing:

I'd say "standardize" is a better term; and I think it sounds worse.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

I like it. Very regal. Almost makes up for not giving it to Fenway for its centennial. They better not give it to Wrigley in 2014.

Fenway hosted in 1999 - only 13 years before 2012. Wrigley hasn't hosted since 1990 - by the time 2014 rolls around will be 24 years. I'd say the Cubs can host if they want, especially if they get the renovations finished by then.

Anubis.png

It's really good, but I think the flag on the right should be the lighter blue so it's the inverse of the left side.

Naw, I think it's right as it is. The flags are kind of behind the front part, which is properly shaded/highlighted. Having both flags or banners or whatever royal makes them appear to be more in the back.

Gotta say, I love this. Love the rendering of the crown, the light blue used perfectly as well as the gold. My only thing is maybe leave a little space between the flags and the front.. thing, on the black and white version. Looks kind of odd. If there was a little strip there seperating those parts, it would better translate from the colored version.

I like it. Very regal. Almost makes up for not giving it to Fenway for its centennial. They better not give it to Wrigley in 2014.

Fenway hosted in 1999 - only 13 years before 2012. Wrigley hasn't hosted since 1990 - by the time 2014 rolls around will be 24 years. I'd say the Cubs can host if they want, especially if they get the renovations finished by then.

Don't they alternate between AL and NL each year? That would mean 2014 is an AL team year. Scrubbies can host when they win a world series....never.

Don't they alternate between AL and NL each year? That would mean 2014 is an AL team year. Scrubbies can host when they win a world series....never.

They stopped alternating in 2007, when it was in San Francisco the year after Pittsburgh. Basically, there are more new NL stadiums than AL stadiums and it is pretty much stardard procedure at this point that new stadiums will get an All-Star Games.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

They stopped alternating in 2007, when it was in San Francisco the year after Pittsburgh. Basically, there are more new NL stadiums than AL stadiums and it is pretty much stardard procedure at this point that new stadiums will get an All-Star Games.

I think that was just a one year thing. They've alternated every year since, and I've heard the next few are going to be KC, Citi Field, Target Field, then the new Marlins stadium.

90758391980.gif

Bud Selig has said they've gone back to alternating. They just did it that one time because of the new parks. From here on out it'll go back and forth again.

I smell an all star game for the Marlins in 2015. Here we go!

edit: Staying on topic, I think this is the best ASG logo I've seen yet.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Archived