College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

This is what happened....Coach Dooley didn't like how the orange looked on our white techfit jerseys so we're getting those redone and in the meantime we have to wear those whites. We will be back in techfit on the road again next year.

Maybe. Many of the players, especially the linemen, prefer this new cut of jersey. It's the same one that Wisconsin is using this year. Adidas, obviously would prefer they use the Techfit as advertising, because they do a better margin on selling those to high school teams. But the situation they're in is that Wisconsin has flat refused to wear them, Michigan has worn them on and off, and because they had an issue with the number color, we had to go to this other set, which players now prefer.

The odd thing about the Techfit is they're super tight, except they're not. When you put one on, even without pads, it's form-fitting but not even as tight as the compression undershirts. Not uncomfortable at all. The issue that they've discovered is, while tight, they're also flexible enough to be grabbed and held, which was exactly what they were developed to try to prevent.

Not disagreeing bc I don't know, but I watch ALOT of high school football and I don't think I've ever seen an adidas jersey, let alone a tech-fit one.

My high school wore/still wears adidas and when we ordered new ones a year ago they sent us a tech-fit sample that our coach let a few of us try on. Not many of us liked it so he ordered the regular fit. Even without the techfit cut the adidas jersey already had extremely form fitting sleeves so it kinda felt superfluous and honestly felt less quality.

(big ol pic)

(our uniforms for reference)

Prattville in Alabama actually has the Techfit. Here's a pic from their nationally televised game earlier this year.

ESPN-Kickoff-Classic-Prattville.jpg

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THIS is what Coastal Carolina wore against VMI

303056_2636635643893_1495536784_32917659_1680598884_n.jpg

I kid you not.

LOL nothing like killing two birds with one stone!

They want to act more like dogs

Do any division 1 football teams wear teal?

Ummmmm... Coastal Carolina? The team in the picture.

They are 1-AA not 1

I-AA doesn't exist anymore. They're FCS. FBS and FCS are technically both division 1.

When someone says they are playing division 1 football your thinking about FBS, I was asking if there are any teal FBS teams and im pretty sure there are none.

THIS is what Coastal Carolina wore against VMI

303056_2636635643893_1495536784_32917659_1680598884_n.jpg

I kid you not.

LOL nothing like killing two birds with one stone!

They want to act more like dogs

Do any division 1 football teams wear teal?

Ummmmm... Coastal Carolina? The team in the picture.

They are 1-AA not 1

I-AA doesn't exist anymore. They're FCS. FBS and FCS are technically both division 1.

When someone says they are playing division 1 football your thinking about FBS, I was asking if there are any teal FBS teams and im pretty sure there are none.

But he didn't ask that. He asked for division one. If he would've wanted to know only about the FBS, then he should've said so.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Tulane uses light blue

ap-101010-Army-Tulane-Football_800.JPG

By the way, dark green and light blue is a fantastic color combination.

If you ever wanted to know what the Jacksonville Jaguars would've looked like had they ever worn their teal pants, here's Coastal Carolina modeling it for you.

football-action-rashadjennings9-large.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

286349640-12205737.jpg

LOL

Wait - Maryland wore the state flag unis AGAIN against Notre Dame?

that brings a new defintion to the term "Super Strechy"

What? Did no one hear about Adidas' advances in taffy apparel technology?

Other companies' compression undershirts do the same thing when ripped. Has happened to me twice playing on Thanksgiving.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Maybe I'm behind, but what the dump is going on with Tennessee's jerseys this year? They ditched TechFit? The numbers have a weird shine to them, and the black trim is fat. I'm not a fan of the look...though I do prefer the regular fit of the jersey, itself.

This is what happened....Coach Dooley didn't like how the orange looked on our white techfit jerseys so we're getting those redone and in the meantime we have to wear those whites. We will be back in techfit on the road again next year.

To add to this: First thing's first, Tennessee's white TechFit jerseys had either screen-printed or heat-applied numbers (that's the reason they were shiny), as opposed to sewn numbers, which I've confirmed are present on Nebraska's and Notre Dame's road jerseys. I have no idea why Tennessee's would be different, unless the particular fabric that they make those numbers from doesn't come in a color close enough to Tennessee orange. Anyway, apparently the TechFit jerseys came in to be printed and the trim was not the correct color orange. This was Thursday before game day, so there was no time to have it fixed. So, the numbers were printed with the wrong orange to match the trim on the collar, which is probably why Dooley didn't like how they looked. Either that or the fact that they are not sewn twill like everyone else's.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Maybe I'm behind, but what the dump is going on with Tennessee's jerseys this year? They ditched TechFit? The numbers have a weird shine to them, and the black trim is fat. I'm not a fan of the look...though I do prefer the regular fit of the jersey, itself.

To add to this: First thing's first, Tennessee's white TechFit jerseys had either screen-printed or heat-applied numbers (that's the reason they were shiny), as opposed to sewn numbers, which I've confirmed are present on Nebraska's and Notre Dame's road jerseys. I have no idea why Tennessee's would be different, unless the particular fabric that they make those numbers from doesn't come in a color close enough to Tennessee orange. Anyway, apparently the TechFit jerseys came in to be printed and the trim was not the correct color orange. This was Thursday before game day, so there was no time to have it fixed. So, the numbers were printed with the wrong orange to match the trim on the collar, which is probably why Dooley didn't like how they looked. Either that or the fact that they are not sewn twill like everyone else's.

did they have issues with the tech fit whites last season or did they only have a home version?

If you had read my earlier post, we went over this. But here it is again.

The first set of Tennessee's white TechFit jerseys arrived in August with sewn-on numbers that Dooley felt were the wrong shade of orange and didn't exactly match the orange collar and orange road pants. They were sent back. Because of the tight timeframe before the road game at Florida, all Adidas could do with that set was have the original numbers removed and have numbers that were the proper shade screenprinted. That set was worn at Florida.

Our contract specifies sewn-on numbers on our uniforms. Adidas could not have a new set of TechFits made overseas and numbered here in the US in time for the Alabama game in October, so they had Ripon make a plain white set on their new template that Wisconsin and several NFL teams were using this season, a traditional mesh jersey with spandex inserts under the arms for movement, but not down the sides to lessen the stretch of the jersey.

did they have issues with the tech fit whites last season or did they only have a home version?

All the colors matched last year, but were too dark when compared with what they felt they should look like. The shades on both the home and road jerseys were adjusted in the offseason.

The first set of Tennessee's white TechFit jerseys arrived in August with sewn-on numbers that Dooley felt were the wrong shade of orange and didn't exactly match the orange collar and orange road pants. They were sent back. Because of the tight timeframe before the road game at Florida, all Adidas could do with that set was have the original numbers removed and have numbers that were the proper shade screenprinted. That set was worn at Florida.

Our contract specifies sewn-on numbers on our uniforms. Adidas could not have a new set of TechFits made overseas and numbered here in the US in time for the Alabama game in October, so they had Ripon make a plain white set on their new template that Wisconsin and several NFL teams were using this season, a traditional mesh jersey with spandex inserts under the arms for movement, but not down the sides to lessen the stretch of the jersey.

All the colors matched last year, but were too dark when compared with what they felt they should look like. The shades on both the home and road jerseys were adjusted in the offseason.

they should've just run em through the wash a few times...guarantee that would have lightened up that orange

Tulane uses light blue

By the way, dark green and light blue is a fantastic color combination.

Glad I'm not the only one who realizes this.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I apologize for not reading the previous 168 pages before replying. Thanks for clearing that up, though.

Tulane uses light blue

I still wanna slap West Point for going with that uniform over the one that set replaced. Switch back, Army...do it now!! :cursing:

If you ever wanted to know what the Jacksonville Jaguars would've looked like had they ever worn their teal pants, here's Coastal Carolina modeling it for you.

football-action-rashadjennings9-large.jpg

Dear sweet 6-pound still-in-the-manger infant Jesus that's a beautiful shade of color there.

FAKE EDIT: Side note...aside from their logos being one of my faves (if you doubt it, check it up under my avatar), "Chanticleers" is also one my favorite nicknames ever.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived