Pics of new Auburn Pants

gdu

What are the chances this has something to do with the construction of the pants and sewing? This looks like a big plate of stretchy fabric sewn into the sides. If you went wight he sleeve/helmet stripes, would they be more difficult to construct and sew?

What are the chances this has something to do with the construction of the pants and sewing? This looks like a big plate of stretchy fabric sewn into the sides. If you went wight he sleeve/helmet stripes, would they be more difficult to construct and sew?

I don't think so, but even if it was it wouldn't be impossible and would surely have been worth the effort to avoid this garbage.

UA made the same mistake with BC as well. Both teams pants stripes get cut off at the end.

Also, I have always thought that instead of changing the pants to match the helmet stripe, that Auburn should change the helmet and road jersey stripes to match the pants stripe. I like how the pants stripe and jersey stripe both go white/blue/orange and that match gets ruined if the pants stripes are changed.

RS-1.png?t=1312302854Bruins.png?t=1312302924Pats3.png?t=1312302963Cel.png?t=1312303005

I don't think so, but even if it was it wouldn't be impossible and would surely have been worth the effort to avoid this garbage.

Remember they aren't thinking aesthetics, UA is thinking about how much these pants cost to manufacture. They look terrible, but they were probably cheaper to produce in this manner.

What a giant mistake. Of all the things they could have done, a goofy half-slash at the knee that truncates the stripe is just plain old nonsensical. It's the spaz patrol at UA trying like hell to get Auburn to do something new and the stalwarts in Auburn fighting it. The compromise is a stupid semi-modification that only serves as a downgrade.

What a giant mistake. Of all the things they could have done, a goofy half-slash at the knee that truncates the stripe is just plain old nonsensical. It's the spaz patrol at UA trying like hell to get Auburn to do something new and the stalwarts in Auburn fighting it. The compromise is a stupid semi-modification that only serves as a downgrade.

No, it has nothing to do with getting Auburn to do something new. It's the pants template. It's the same for all UA teams, and unfortunately it cuts off the bottom of classic pant stripes.

Doesn't look terrible but doesn't look great either. I prefer this style striping cutoff (at the bottom of the pants) to the Pro Combat pant striping cutoff (towards the top of the pants).

I feel the exact opposite.

No, it has nothing to do with getting Auburn to do something new. It's the pants template. It's the same for all UA teams, and unfortunately it cuts off the bottom of classic pant stripes.

Using the goofy UA pants template IS getting Auburn to do something new. I guarantee if the reigning National Champions didn't like what their outfitter came up with, they'd change it.

Remember they aren't thinking aesthetics, UA is thinking about how much these pants cost to manufacture. They look terrible, but they were probably cheaper to produce in this manner.

Two things:

I think we are talking about 2 different things. My primary issue is the stripe cut-off at the bottom. That wouldn't save $.01.

The stripes not matching looks worse too, and I don't think that would save any money either, but even if it did we are talking about a tiny amount in a valuable endorsement contract. They could have made it work. it's not like they sell replica or authentic football game pants. All they need to make is how many the team needs.

Doesn't look terrible but doesn't look great either. I prefer this style striping cutoff (at the bottom of the pants) to the Pro Combat pant striping cutoff (towards the top of the pants).

I feel the exact opposite.

I like these better because the way the stripe is truncated it looks makes it look like a new striping design rather than just a truncated stripe.

IMO UA's striping cutoff is slightly better than Nike's, but they are both terrible.

RS-1.png?t=1312302854Bruins.png?t=1312302924Pats3.png?t=1312302963Cel.png?t=1312303005

this is just odd. UA has to account for the traditional stripe design but it appears they ignored it. unless its just something they've tried so it is noticeable and memorable. in that case its as good as a logo, seeing the stripe cut is an instant and constant reminder of the uniform being UA. i like the thinking there, but this was not the way to go with it. it just makes a tangent on the uniform, the stripes point connecting with the edge of the pants leg seam. Nike did it better because they understand design principals better

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Once again, this is why Under Armor must die. They are incapable of doing anything right.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Archived