jsb_0403's Take on the NFL

jsb_0403

I've made a few NFL concepts already and posted a few. I figured instead of making a new thread every time, I would just post them here. I plan on eventually having the entire league done.

NFC East

Dallas Cowboys

New York Giants, Alt.

Philadelphia Eagles

Washington Redskins

AFC East

Buffalo Bills

Miami Dolphins

New England Patriots

New York Jets

NFC West

Arizona Cardinals

St. Louis Rams

San Fransisco 49ers

Seattle Seahawks

AFC West

Denver Broncos

Kansas City Chiefs

Oakland Raiders

San Diego Chargers

NFC North

Chicago Bears

Detroit Lions

Green Bay Packers

Minnesota Vikings

AFC North

Baltimore Ravens

Cincinnati Bengals

Cleveland Browns

Pittsburgh Steelers

NFC South

Atlanta Falcons

Carolina Panthers

New Orleans Saints

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

AFC South

Houston Texans

Indianapolis Colts

Jacksonville Jaguars

Tennesse Titans/Oilers

Denver Broncos

These are based off of the 1965 home and the 1978 away. I modified burgundy's logo Here.

I also used Denver's current orange, and a blue in between the current navy and the old royal blue.

denverbroncos.png

Dallas Cowboys

These are based off of their uniform from the late 80's (the actual colors, and the silver numbers) and their classic uniforms from the 60's and 70's. I really just wanted them to have a matching set, and give them that classic look again.

cowboystemplate.jpg

Seattle Seahawks

These are based off of their last good looking set, IMO the Seahawk stripe was one of the greatest looking stripes around. I used their current colors, without the navy. I also added green to their logo, making it more of an updated version of their old logo. I used M54 Face Off for the number font. I thought it was similar to their older numbers, but still more modern.

seattleseahawks.png

Philadelphia Eagles

For these I wanted a kind of blend between their current uniforms and their last kelly green set. Obviously these went from midnight green to kelly green, with the addition of silver pants. I removed most of the black from the set, except from the eagle. I also added a silver outline around the numbers. I thought it was a good blend of both old and new.

philadelphiaeagless.png

C&C please!

I will upload more as I finish them!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You did perfect with all of them.

Dallas: IMO i think the Star needs to replace the cowboy and horse on the pants.

Other than that, Its a masterpiece.

Thank, I appreciate the feedback!

I just can't bring myself to get rid of the cowboy and horse haha

You did perfect with all of them.

Dallas: IMO i think the Star needs to replace the cowboy and horse on the pants.

Other than that, Its a masterpiece.

I'll add my $0.02. I agree with WizKid. I would just get rid of the cowboy on the horse completely and add a smaller star on the pants. For Denver, I don't three different color pants are needed (maybe just sticking to two). For Philadelphia, Kelly Green with the black comes off bad. Just get rid off all the black and maybe try a green between Kelly and midnight. And for Seattle, the set is basically perfect. I would though, make the whole uniform uniform by mimicking the streaks of the seahawk on the pants instead off the stripe you have. The are all good anyway. :D

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

IMO, the seahawks set would be perfect if you removed the contrasting collars and implemented the logo stripe into the pant design

as for the eagles (this is coming from an avid fan), this is pretty good. i do miss the contrast of the black however, it seemed to make things 'pop' a little more. still great none-the-less

it hurts me to say it but i really like the dallas set. just get rid of the middle stripe on the jerseys

ive seen the broncos concept a million times but it just works so well and actually looks good on modern template

great job all around

zPfTNXq_sm_zpsu3fsswbz.jpg 8DRvuUI_sm_zpsthbhbnio.jpg

Maurer_icons-02_zps7dcbd790.png Maurer_icons-01_zpsfee43a9b.png

So, I guess I may have to do the star, I got a lot of requests for it when I first uploaded it before.

I also had a lot of people complaining about there not being white in the blue set and silver in the white set. I originally didn't have the middle stripe and I thought it looked better without it, so I'll probably revert back to that.

Whenever I first uploaded the Broncos set I got a ton of requests for blue pants, that's why they're there, but I wanted the white to be the main pair.

I'm gonna put some more work into the Eagles set and try to get an update out after a few more suggestions.

I'll get an update out for the Seahawks set with matching pant and sleeve stripes.

Thanks for all the feedback so far!

Denver: Solid job. As much as I love the orange pants, I think it's just one set of pants too many. I like the old/new logo combo, but I think it'd be more cohesive if the outline of the horse was blue, rather than black.

Dallas: Very close to perfection. It might just be me, but I vastly prefer the green/blue/silver pants. I'd love it if they just matched the helmet to that shade. I'm not 100% sold on a pants logo, but if that's the way to bring that logo back, then I'm all for it.

Seattle: Again, really, really close to perfection. While I love the muted blue, I don't think the blue and green cause enough contrast. I'd darken the blue just a bit to make the green actually stand out against it.

Philly: I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think it could actually use a little black to separate the green and gray. The logo is very black-heavy, along with the wordmark, so I think it should reflect in the uniforms. Either that, or darken up the green a bit and replace the black entirely. I'd also lighten the gray just a tad, again to bump up the contrast.

Really nice work overall here. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

This is my final Cowboys update, love it or hate it, this is it.

I went back to the original striping I had, and changed the cowboy and horse logo to the star.

cowboystemplate.png

For the Eagles, I made the green darker, removed all the black, and removed the silver from the script on the jersey.

philadelphiaeaglesl.png

I should have an update for the Seahawks in the morning, then I'm gonna work on the Cardinals.

Good updates. Eagles darker green is way better they look perfect now!

I like the stripes on your original Cowboys but the star is way better.

Denver is great as is. Huge upgrade IMO.

Seahawks will be perfect when you update the pants like you said you are.

Great work! Cant wait to see the rest of them!

Here's the Seattle update, I darkened the blue and matched the pant stripe with the sleeve stripe. I tried having the logo on the pants, but I just thought it was too much.

seattleseahawks.png

I do plan on doing most, if not all, of the NFL.

I appreciate all the comments and feedback, it's all very encouraging.

Arizona Cardinals

This set is based off the uniforms from the late 90's, with the Arizona flag added to the home set. I kept their current number font, since its unique to them. I also removed the gray facemask in favor of the white. I thought it was best to return to one of their best looks, while still keeping some of their updates.

arizonacardinals.png

I'm doing the Buccaneers next.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

I've seen some concepts that look similar to this, but I tried to make sure I had my own take on it. Basically, what I was going for was to do their current uniforms in their original colors. I think it gives them that unique look, without looking dated.

tampabaybuccaneers.png

C&C

Archived