iPhone Lockscreen Tab Wallpaper - UPDATED for requests!

GeauxColonels

I was toying around with some simple looks to put on my lockscreen of my iPhone and figured I'd throw a few up here to see what you guys think. Part of me likes the simplicity while part of me thinks something is missing. Thoughts?

tabwpnicholls3.th.png tabwptulane3.th.png tabwplsu3.th.png tabwplsu3alt.th.png

gYH2mW9.png

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why not try a semi-opaque stadium image above the "Tab"? I think it might add a nice touch.

P.s. I'd love to see you test it on a Bama version that said "Roll TIde!" :rolleyes:

The problem with that is when you're on the lock screen on a non-jailbroken iPhone, the areas at the top and bottom are completely covered. That's why the blank space is at the top.

Any idea wherebi could geta Roll Tide graphic in vector (SVG) or a large png file?

gYH2mW9.png

A few ideas:

1) Instead of using a single solid stripe, maybe create something similar to a striping pattern the team uses. Also I would end the stripe where the logo begins, kinda like the logo would be in motion. Also if you were to fade it from right to left, that would help the motion effect as well.

2) Instead of fading the secondary mark in the lower half, fade it over the entire solid background so that the top is a little more balanced.

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

1) Instead of using a single solid stripe, maybe create something similar to a striping pattern the team uses. Also I would end the stripe where the logo begins, kinda like the logo would be in motion. Also if you were to fade it from right to left, that would help the motion effect as well.

agreed. I'd like an Ohio State red one with the sleeve stripe, but instead of the middle stripe being red can it be gray? Also, underneath can you put Shock The World. Thanks!

Why not try a semi-opaque stadium image above the "Tab"? I think it might add a nice touch.

P.s. I'd love to see you test it on a Bama version that said "Roll TIde!" :rolleyes:

Two Bama versions.

tabwpbama.th.png tabwpbamaalt.th.png

Tennessee

tabwptenn.th.png tabwptennalt.th.png

Just what I had in mind, Thanks a lot!

Nobody ... I mean nobody ... circles the wagons like The Buffalo Bills

A few ideas:

2) Instead of fading the secondary mark in the lower half, fade it over the entire solid background so that the top is a little more balanced.

Not really looking to convey motion with the wallpaper...but it's an interesting idea.

As far as moving the faded mark, that wouldn't work because of how a non-jailbroken iPhone lock screen looks. Because of bars at the top and bottom of the iPhone lock screen, the visible area of of the wallpaper is limited. On a standalone basis, the design does have a fair amount of "wasted" space. But, as seen below, the designs pretty much fill the visible space allowed by the iPhone lock screen.

8630f148.jpg

gYH2mW9.png

A few ideas:

Here's an updated Nicholls background addressing your first point. I like it. I'm just not sure it goes with my "tab" idea.

tabwpnichollsfade.th.png

gYH2mW9.png

Archived