Javaris Crittenton wanted for murder

NJTank

Javaris Crittenton was wanted on a murder charge as police searched on Saturday for the former NBA player in Atlanta and Los Angeles.

Crittenton has been charged in the fatal shooting of 22-year Jullian Jones, a mother of four who was gunned down Aug. 19 on an Atlanta street.

A spokesman with the Atlanta police said Crittenton was not in custody. Calls to the FBI and U.S. Marshal's office weren't immediately returned.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/6902023/former-washington-wizard-javaris-crittenton-wanted-murder

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Crittenton hasn't played a single game in the NBA since being released from the Wizards and it was doubtful he was ever going to make it back even if this incident hadn't happened.

Dude is just bad news.

I doubt he'll be convincted of a first degree murder charge. It will probably be knocked down to manslaughter in the first degree. All the trial will be is how angry did he have a right to be at the person who robbed him (which appears to be the case if you read the story) and whether or not he actually intended to kill the guy or just scare him/harm him.

No matter what that's basically it for his career and most of his life. He'll be looking at at least 20 years in prison if its proven that he was the one that pulled the trigge and whatever money that doesen't go to his lawyers will go to the victim's family via a civil suit.

What he did was murder, and he should be convicted as such. He intended to harm somebody, and he ended up killing somebody, that's murder. Manslaughter is more like killing somebody on accident, like with a car.

That's involuntery manslaughter. Voluntery refers to a case where you intend to kill/harm somebody in the heat of the moment but wind up killing the wrong person. You have to satisfy both criteria. Crittenton satisifes the second. Whether or not this qualifies as a "heat of the moment" situation is what the trial will be centered on but that's most murder trails. Its not a very fun topic to debate because its all gray area and you need all the facts as well which is why those trials take so long.

What he did was murder, and he should be convicted as such. He intended to harm somebody, and he ended up killing somebody, that's murder. Manslaughter is more like killing somebody on accident, like with a car.

That's involuntery manslaughter. Voluntery refers to a case where you intend to kill/harm somebody in the heat of the moment but wind up killing the wrong person. You have to satisfy both criteria. Crittenton satisifes the second. Whether or not this qualifies as a "heat of the moment" situation is what the trial will be centered on but that's most murder trails. Its not a very fun topic to debate because its all gray area and you need all the facts as well which is why those trials take so long.

Not trying to argue or anything, but since he ended up killing the wrong person, he gets a lesser conviction? That's just stupid.

Not trying to argue or anything, but since he ended up killing the wrong person, he gets a lesser conviction? That's just stupid.

What the prosecution will probably try to argue for is a felony murder which in this case would basically say even though he doesen't meet the criteria of first degree murder for killing this woman, if he had killed the person he was after he would have.

Those cases though typically happen when somebody is trying to rob somebody and they kill them in an altercation. Something like this would be tougher. The prosecution would have to prove that it wasn't a heat of the moment killing.

The idea of a felony murder conviction is very controversial and its been outlawed in a few countries and states.

Its complicated but you try writing a law murder law that is fair to both the victims and the offender in any possible circumstance. Cases like Ted Bundy are easy. This guy killed this woman for no reason other then he's a sick person. No debate there, but those are in the minority of cases. This is more similar to what usually happens and its doesen't completely fit one criteria or the other. I pity anyone who has to be on a jury to make that call.

The fact that the FBI is now involved trying to find him will make it harder to feel sorry for him getting robbed. Got robbed? Call the cops. Moron.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I sho' hope this guy don't turn up in a city 200-something miles away hiding in the trunk of somebody's car...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I wonder what Arenas' reaction to the charge is?

If he's smart, nothing. Arenas is trying to keep an insanely low profile and is thankful to still have a job in the NBA. The more he talks, the more he :censored:s himself over... that has been the story of his career.

Got robbed? Call the cops. Moron.

That only works if you actually trust the cops to do their job correctly, though. I'm not saying the murder was justified, but sometimes getting the cops involved (even when you are the innocent party) will cause more harm than good, particularly when you are a minority with an existing criminal record like Crittenton.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

If he's smart, nothing. Arenas is trying to keep an insanely low profile and is thankful to still have a job in the NBA. The more he talks, the more he :censored:s himself over... that has been the story of his career.

gilbert-arenas-gun.jpg

I saw, I came, I left.

gilbert-arenas-gun.jpg

Exactly. That was Arenas over a year and a half ago, immediately following the incident, at which point he didn't realize (or want to realize) the seriousness of the situation.

He's a different person now, at least in public.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Archived