NFL Team Color Codes

GatorHunter

Note the use of what I call "RGB Black"...I use R:01 G:01 B:01 for all versions of Black for web graphics...using Black C or Process Black C tends to "wash" out the color.

Is that what you have always used? I thought you use to use 30/30/30, but maybe I'm thinking of something else.

No - the RGB Black thing is newer. 30/30/30 is the older (before PANTONE PLUS) sRGB measurement for Process Black C.

To give you an example as to why NOT to use those RGB values - the new PANTONE PLUS sRGB values for Process Black C are 44/42/41. Black C is 45/41/38. Pretty awful for web graphics.

Wow thats kinda light for straight black, but I guess they got their reasons (maybe not good ones though). I do like the Pantone Plus books in general better than the older ones, just from personal use at least.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Note the use of what I call "RGB Black"...I use R:01 G:01 B:01 for all versions of Black for web graphics...using Black C or Process Black C tends to "wash" out the color.

Is that what you have always used? I thought you use to use 30/30/30, but maybe I'm thinking of something else.

No - the RGB Black thing is newer. 30/30/30 is the older (before PANTONE PLUS) sRGB measurement for Process Black C.

To give you an example as to why NOT to use those RGB values - the new PANTONE PLUS sRGB values for Process Black C are 44/42/41. Black C is 45/41/38. Pretty awful for web graphics.

Wow thats kinda light for straight black, but I guess they got their reasons (maybe not good ones though). I do like the Pantone Plus books in general better than the older ones, just from personal use at least.

It's the measurement (CIE-L*ab) of the ink on the particular substrate (paper stock).

What Pantone Plus color would the new Buffalo Bills blue jersey be? Having a hard time figuring it out.

Their Royal Blue hasnt changed, still 287

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

What Pantone Plus color would the new Buffalo Bills blue jersey be? Having a hard time figuring it out.

Technically, it's actually this - complete with the most unfortunate Pantone Textile color description ever:

PTX_19-3952_TCX_SRGB.png

BTW - every team in the NBA, WNBA and D-League who uses Royal Blue uses this Textile color as well.

Technically, it's actually this - complete with the most unfortunate Pantone Textile color description ever:

PTX_19-3952_TCX_SRGB.png

BTW - every team in the NBA, WNBA and D-League who uses Royal Blue uses this Textile color as well.

Well I didnt know if he wanted textile or not, so gave him general info lol.

• 5 years later...
  • IceCap locked this topic

Archived