New German national team jerseys

andrewharrington

Really nice look on both of these. Glad to see a return to the classic green change kit. Overall, this is how adidas should be doing all their kits. Very minimal and heritage-driven. The retro flair works well with the branding, and I love the modern touch that the diag. stripes provide. For once, the three stripes don't look overdone, and it's because they're basically the only thing on the jersey. I apologize if this is posted elsewhere, but I couldn't find it, and it was confirmed the other day that these will be the new look I believe.

Germany_H.jpg

Germany_A.jpg

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

That green one is a stunner.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Wow! Both kits are very sharp. Germany continues to sport a superb look. The diagonal stripe pattern they have going on is nice - something of the like was what I had in mind for Sporting KC's recent rebrand, but featuring a rainbow-like pattern to honor the old Wizards. I think that would have looked fantastic, but at least Germany had the idea :)

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I like it, the only thing for the home jersey that I could think of was make the Adidas stripes colored like the German flag.

It's a nice looking shirt for adidas (not a big fan of their soccer kits) ....

I like that idea if you're referring to the 3 stripes of the adidas logo rather than the 3 shoulder stripes, and the 3 stars above the German badge. My reasoning is that they've always had a white w/ black trim look, so the red and yellow would at least be minimized.

The green may be nice, but it's just not German football identity IMO .... it would work better for their goalkeeper IMO.

and I'm still pissed-off at that hand-ball in the box that they got away with against the US in So Korea '02 :mad:

The green may be nice, but it's just not German football identity IMO ....

Actually, Germany's clash kit has been green more often than not. Green is one of the German Football Association's official colors.

Taken right from the 1974 West German squad.

Germany_WC74-away.png

Very nice ode!

>>>

I just don't remember them ever wearing that kit, at least not in the knock-out round .... against the Dutch, Poles, and Swedes.

My dad and his friend was taking us kids over the Buffalo border into Canada, and past Fort Erie to watch the games at a Tavern that had one one of those huge satellites.

Perhaps it was worn for one game in the group-stages??

Not a big fan of the home kit. But just like when we first saw the change kit, I'm in love with it. The simplicity of the kit and the green/white color scheme looks great. The large white cuffs adds to the retro feel of the kit. Probably my favorite shirt that adidas has come up with in a while.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Why can't all of Adidas' kits be this simple? That home kit is absolutely beautiful because unlike so many of Adidas' kits, it's not overdone and gaudy.

The diagonal stripes are reminiscent of the United States kits in the late 1980s.

g_u1De.jpg

Love the fact that the second-choice kit is green. I didn't like the red, black, or anthracite the Mannschaft, Womannschaft, and the Boyyschaft and Girllschaft were wearing in their international tournaments.

The diagonal stripes are reminiscent of the United States kits in the late 1980s.

g_u1De.jpg

Okay, now that's funny. Some people still moan about the connotations and associations of a U.S. national team wearing red, when one of our national teams (albeit one nobody cared about at the time) was doing it in the freaking-finger-on-the-button eighties.

As for the German primary kit - meh. It seems like the stripes are too thin and widely-space to be a decent part of the design, plus the way they get cut off by the template looks goofy.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I just don't understand why make the stars on the change kit green? You can't really see 'em.

Probably just for a cleaner look, or to more closely replicate the look of the '74 kit. As long as you know they're there, that's all that matters right? It's not like they make or break anything.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived