USC Pro Combat Concept

TheOneAndOnlyMau

Finally had some time off from a hectic first couple weeks at school, so i decided to design a pro combat to test out my new template ive been working on. I decided to go with USC... ive heard rumors about the possible black helmet/set so i used that as a takeoff point for this concept.

In my B1G pro combat series, i went with a stylized helmet plume for Michigan State and though it looked pretty cool but could have been executed better. Inspiration for other design elements was taken from USCs current, iconic set and various greco-roman patterns and details. I feel like the abstract plume ended up working great for a team like the trojans, symbolizing the warrior spirit and representing the intensity of play/battle. The rest of the set is BFBS in typical Nike fashion. I feel like with the right amount of accent colors (in team colors of course), this can work.

As for the chest workmark, i recently bought a Penn State jacket at school thats anthracite with metallic black lettering across the chest and i thought it looked pretty bad ass so i tried to mimic that on the jersyes to make it just a little more out there and in your face

I did a logo update a while back so i included that as well

anyway, just messin around... C&C?

Procombat.png

zPfTNXq_sm_zpsu3fsswbz.jpg 8DRvuUI_sm_zpsthbhbnio.jpg

Maurer_icons-02_zps7dcbd790.png Maurer_icons-01_zpsfee43a9b.png

Disregarding the BFBS, it is a solid concept. The helmet idea is excellent and I like the design on the compression sleeves.

Two things I'd try: put the "SC" logo on the helmet and also do a white jersey/white pants version. I feel like cardinal/white/white is something USC's more likely to do, despite black already being used by their basketball team.

Why do I have a feeling this will be close to Michigan State's pro combat?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Finally had some time off from a hectic first couple weeks at school, so i decided to design a pro combat to test out my new template ive been working on. I decided to go with USC... ive heard rumors about the possible black helmet/set so i used that as a takeoff point for this concept.

In my B1G pro combat series, i went with a stylized helmet plume for Michigan State and though it looked pretty cool but could have been executed better. Inspiration for other design elements was taken from USCs current, iconic set and various greco-roman patterns and details. I feel like the abstract plume ended up working great for a team like the trojans, symbolizing the warrior spirit and representing the intensity of play/battle. The rest of the set is BFBS in typical Nike fashion. I feel like with the right amount of accent colors (in team colors of course), this can work.

As for the chest workmark, i recently bought a Penn State jacket at school thats anthracite with metallic black lettering across the chest and i thought it looked pretty bad ass so i tried to mimic that on the jersyes to make it just a little more out there and in your face

I did a logo update a while back so i included that as well

anyway, just messin around... C&C?

Procombat.png

Could I get that template?

HockeyKnight95

AmPJ0Ty.png 

This is one of the few Pro Combats I actually like... especially for a team with history and tradition.

Same here. I don't mind the BFBS since it's not a real uniform, and it's an extremely good concept.

This is a magnificent concept. I swear, all of your concepts look like actual pro combats.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I really, really like this, and can totally see Nike coming out with something like this. We'll start from the head and go down.

I love the helmet. It's abstract, yet you can still tell it's a plume. I also like the black facemask and bumper (or whatever the thing on the back is called), which ties nicely into the unis.

The jerseys look really good. I love how the yellow pops on the anthracite, and honestly, if USC got a PC we know it would be black. The gradient numbers are...very Nike. I also like the shiny wordmark, although I'd be curious to see how it looks with the Trojans script.

Lastly, I really like the compression sleeves. The black fading to red looks good, and I love the Greek pattern.

Overall, for a regular uniform it's ridiculously gaudy, but for a Nike PC concept it's great.

Archived