Arizona State uniforms?

bucknut40

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks good. Still hate the ASU on the sleeves. Should have put Sparky there.

I agree with that, though i think this new rebrand is trying to get away from using sparky :(

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

The all-black uniform is such a modern cliche... at this point you'd think a school would be embarrassed to be the 5000th team to roll out the "tuff lookin'" black duds. All black is just tired, but the worst part is the sily gradient on the numbers.

Stick with the Gold and Maroon, lose the gradients, bring back Sparky (at least on the sleeves) and its a pretty nice look.

I thought the uniforms last night were terrible. Now its actually applicable to say BFBS. The yellow wasn't ASU yellow and there was no red/maroon to be found. Terrible terrible terrible. I love the logo, but Sparky didn't need to be changed.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

ASU's all-black def looked different last night against Missouri versus the Nike promos. Overall, I thought they looked great last night. Even the lame "ASU" on the sleeves looked ok. My only complaint was the shoulder stripes. On the Nike promos, I thought the shoulder stripes looked pretty damn cool, but last night on TV, they looked really bad. ASU now has one the best helmets in NCAAF.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Bad move by ASU. Stick with tradition. There's something to be said about the uniforms of Michigan, Ohio State, Texas, Alabama, etc., etc.

ASU's old uniforms aren't the same as any of the teams mentioned. They had a cartoon devil on their helmet. He was pretty cool, but he's not quite as iconic as the buckeyes on the helmet or simple crimson set Bama wears. Iconic is often simple, and that pitchfork is perfect

they repositioned themselves as a brand and the uniform does a great job of reflecting who they want to be. Sparky is way too immature for this brand and too immature for college sports in general. hes way too "cute". i dont like ASU on the sleeves as large as it is, but this is a solid look. best to reserve the black for night games.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

they repositioned themselves as a brand and the uniform does a great job of reflecting who they want to be. Sparky is way too immature for this brand and too immature for college sports in general. hes way too "cute". i dont like ASU on the sleeves as large as it is, but this is a solid look. best to reserve the black for night games.

+1

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Their "repositioning" translates to "we're going to hijack Florida State's number font and add black, 'cause black is COOL! Never mind the fact we've been playing football for 79 years without black. Now we HAVE to wear black 'cause it's awesome and tough and recruits won't come to our school if we don't have black jerseys, black helmets and black pants!"

If Sparky is "too immature" for the football program, why does he still exist as a mascot, doing his antics during games?

Yes, it really is saying all that to me.

Kinda like how the Maryland uniforms on Monday said "we are desperate for attention and season ticket holders, so we will make our uniforms as gaudy and obnoxious as possible". At the very least Maryland didn't rebrand itself to the point of having to change its school colors just to fit into a fashion statement. And at the very least, you will never see Maryland wearing anything other than black, white, red and yellow.

But this isn't about Maryland. It's about ASU adding black because... wait, why did ASU add black again? Oh yeah, 'cause all the cool kids are wearing black. Nothing having to do with tradition, symbolic significance or anything of that nature. If it was a one-off uniform, I could shrug it off. But they wholly rebranded their entire athletic department seemingly around the decision to have black uniforms in football.

Cause it's cool and everything.

Arizona State evidently did not receive the memo.

The "ASU" on the sleeves are there to remind spectators which team they are watching, in the event that they get ASU confused with half of the other teams in 1A FBS that wear all-blacks.

Archived