LOGOLYMPIAD 2011

pollux

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think I was a member during the original Logolympiad, but I have heard it referenced a few times around here. There seems to be a large amount of interest in this with many great designers wanting to get involved. I'll take a shot at some of these as well, I can't wait for this thing to start!

EDIT: I'm also very excited to see some non-sports-related events. That's something we could use more of IMO.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

It's great to see this actually come back. I wasn't even a member the last time we had one, but I've looked back through these and can't wait to see some more great work. I'll be entering any events that I can hold my own in, but I'm more looking forward to seeing some great designs from others.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I may participate for the alternate uniform and crossover competitions. Just one question, though: we can do any team/company/whatever applies we like, right? So it isn't going to be "okay, create a McDonald's logo", it's going to be "create a logo for a corporation of your choice". Right?

25yzwqg.png

I may participate for the alternate uniform and crossover competitions. Just one question, though: we can do any team/company/whatever applies we like, right? So it isn't going to be "okay, create a McDonald's logo", it's going to be "create a logo for a corporation of your choice". Right?

Some events will have strict guidelines, and others will let you have more latitude towards your finished entry. It's all part of the difficulty of the contest.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - MontrΓ©al Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Can a mod sticky this thread for the duration of the contest?

And since there seems to be great interest for the contest, how does everyone feel about starting one week sooner, next Monday? That would mean September 26 instead of October 3 for the first event.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - MontrΓ©al Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Archived