9. Memphis

13. Kansas

18. Michigan

24. California

Memphis - too high

Kansas - too high

Michigan - too low

California - wtf?

On the subject of UNC being ranked no. 1, it's a pretty obvious choice.

I think the most absurd thing was St. John's getting 11 votes, losing 11 seniors (or 8 I forget which) and having 3 incoming freshman ruled ineligible be damned. I mean, I'm glad St. John's is back to being relevant in the Big East, but come on

I read something that St. John's was holding open tryouts and was going to have to take something like 5 walkons, with a couple getting decent PT.

No way they compete in the Big East.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ESPN/USA Today Top 25

9. Memphis

13. Kansas

18. Michigan

24. California

Memphis - too high

Kansas - too high

Michigan - too low

California - wtf?

On the subject of UNC being ranked no. 1, it's a pretty obvious choice.

I think the most absurd thing was St. John's getting 11 votes, losing 11 seniors (or 8 I forget which) and having 3 incoming freshman ruled ineligible be damned. I mean, I'm glad St. John's is back to being relevant in the Big East, but come on

I read something that St. John's was holding open tryouts and was going to have to take something like 5 walkons, with a couple getting decent PT.

No way they compete in the Big East.

They'll still be able to beat DePaul.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Here is the Top 40 from Lindy's Sports College Basketball Preview 2011-12

1. Ohio State

2. North Carolina

3. Kentucky

4. Vanderbilt

5. Duke

6. Pitt

7. Michigan

8. UConn

9. Syracuse

10. Florida

11. California

12. Louisville

13. Memphis

14. Gonzaga

15. Wahington

16. Michigan State

17. Baylor

18. Xavier

19. New Mexico

20. UCLA

21. Missouri

22. Arizona

23. Creighton

24. Butler

25. Alabama

26. Kansas

27. Florida State

28. Texas A&M

29. UNLV

30. Mississippi State

31. St. Mary's

32. Virginia

33. Illinois

34. Marshall

35. Cincinnati

36. Wisconsin (Why this low?)

37. Temple

38. Harvard

39. VCU

40. Purdue

Where is Marquette? There is no way Marquette would lose to Marshall, Harvard, or VCU? All the bolded teams are the ones that I think are way off.

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

19. New Mexico

23. Creighton

Both of these teams are actually as good as advertised. They might not get much press being mid-majors and all, but they are going to be solid when the season rolls around.

Well, first day of the season. Should be exciting. College football is my first love, but it will fun to be humbled by how much Oregon will suck this year.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

New Texas A&M coach Billy Kennedy, age 47, diagnosed with early stages of Parkinson's.

"As some of you know, I have been experiencing neck and shoulder pain for several months. While not debilitating, the pain has affected my ability to sleep with any duration or regularity. As a result of this and my schedule, I had reached a state of exhaustion and was advised by my attending physician to take some time to restore my strength and to further explore the underlying cause of my discomfort.

Through testing, it has been discovered that I am dealing with an early stage of Parkinson's disease. At this time, I am heeding the advice of my doctors and addressing the disease and its symptoms. We have begun a long-term treatment plan and recovery. My doctors are encouraged and are telling me I will be able to come back soon.

I am very grateful for the outpouring of support and the prayers from friends, family and the Aggie Network. We have a good prognosis, be encouraged, and join with me in eager anticipation for the success that awaits us. My intention is to return to the court as soon as it is prudent. Until my return, I have great confidence in Coach (Glynn) Cyprien and the staff I have assembled to lead this great group of young men and this basketball program."

Well, first day of the season. Should be exciting. College football is my first love, but it will fun to be humbled by how much Oregon will suck this year.

Oakland native Jabari Brown is as good as his #1 in California ranking and then some. Kid can shoot the lights out

Welcome back. They had another recruit a few years ago who they said that about, and he turned out to be nothing. Oregon gets ousted in the first round of the NIT.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Seattle's only had a D-1 program for 3 years, and here they are beating the Arizona Wildcats - in Tucson. Wow.

That would be Seattle Pacific, which is a Division II school.

There are people in Tempe just laughing their asses off over this one...

The two teams I follow, Buffalo and Marquette, are both looking to have a good year next year. UB has never played in the NCAA Tournament before and I think this is their year to win the MAC. Watch out for Javon McCrea.

Buffalo is also one of six teams who have been playing D-1 basketball for over 100 years but have never made the NCAA Tournament.

Can anyone name the other five?

Hmm, Northwestern's obvious, I'll also go with Dartmouth. Yeah, that's all I can think of right now

I can't believe I forgot about this.

It's a nice little bit of trivia that many college hoops fans simply don't know about, but the other five are Northwestern, Army, The Citadel, St. Francis (NY) and William & Mary.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday, Grand Canyon opened their new arena with a home game vs. Arizona State. How many times has a Division 1 program play a game at a Division 2 school?

Mizzou and Missouri State played exhibition games against D2 opponents in Joplin, MO this year. But I think that was a special circumstance.

Archived