2011-12 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

DCDuck

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In 2005 UNC lost at home to Santa Clara to start the season. They went on to win the National Championship.

I hate to say that any games are "meaningless", but in the grand scheme of things, they kinda are, unless teams find themselves on the bubble come February or March.

In 2005 UNC lost at home to Santa Clara to start the season. They went on to win the National Championship.

I hate to say that any games are "meaningless", but in the grand scheme of things, they kinda are, unless teams find themselves on the bubble come February or March.

True, basically giving bad teams false hope that they are better than they are. While giving good teams motivation to work harder and not overlook anyone.

I'm pretty excited for this UNC/Michigan State game. Looking at the video of the teams warming up with the aircraft carrier stuff (clearly I'm not up on my warship jargon) in the background with the radar spinning around and such. It looks awesome! Is it going to be an all or mostly military (Navy, presumably) crowd?

IUe6Hvh.png

It's not like LMU won at UCLA - it was at a neutral site (the LA Sports Arena). Still, good win!

Except the LA Sports Arena (along with four games at the Honda Center in Anaheim) is UCLA's home arena this season. Pauley Pavilion is undergoing a full renovation, so the basketball/volleyball teams had to find new homes to play in. Men's basketball is at the LA Sports Arena/Honda Center. Women's basketball, women's gymnastics and both volleyball teams are at the John Wooden Center (aka the campus student rec center).

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

It's not like LMU won at UCLA - it was at a neutral site (the LA Sports Arena). Still, good win!

Except the LA Sports Arena (along with four games at the Honda Center in Anaheim) is UCLA's home arena this season. Pauley Pavilion is undergoing a full renovation, so the basketball/volleyball teams had to find new homes to play in. Men's basketball is at the LA Sports Arena/Honda Center. Women's basketball, women's gymnastics and both volleyball teams are at the John Wooden Center (aka the campus student rec center).

Pretty sure willmorris was being sarcastic. Then again, it is willmorris...

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

So has Mike Breen actually being scheduled to announce college games, or is he only doing it because of the lockout? He's been calling the Duke games for the past 2 days.

Since he is an ESPN employee rather than a NBA employee, he will work when assigned, NBA lockout or not. He and Van Gundy will work NCAA games during the lockout. Mike Tirico will work "Super Tuesday" as long as the lockout is on as well.

2011-November-15-23-30-55.jpg

He put on a show tonight when it came to the blocks, but gotDAMN, dat unibrow.

Wow! I am not in on NCAA hoops even with the NBA lockout. He also suffers from small head w/ big lips, and needs to at least get a jar of hair food. That is nappie. Needs some sheen!

I was looking into seeing the St. Mary's game on Monday night, but they wanted 20 bones for general admission for a game which started after 11pm.

How many do you expect Duke to win this season?

Judging by how they barely survived Belmont (who is good, but not THAT good) and let an underwhelming Michigan State right back in the game late, 25 wins. Duke lacks a true point guard, and I'm not sold on the Plumlees.

The ACC is really down this year. They'll get four bids at the absolute most. I don't know why everyone keeps proclaiming it as the best basketball conference this season (even without Syracuse and Pittsburgh) when there are only three teams in the conference that actually have any chance of progressing in the NCAA Tournament.

Archived