2011-12 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

DCDuck

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Long Beach State just made about a half-dozen top-25 teams soil their britches with that beating they gave Pitt.

So much drama with the LBC, it's kinda hard being P-I-Double-T.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Wow, I didn't expect Utah to suck so bad this year. Boise is crushing them right now.

The sad thing is that they may not even be the worst team in the Pac-12. That distinction could very well go to Arizona State, after struggling to beat a mediocre (by Big Sky conference standards) Montana State then losing at home to the team picked to finish 8th in the WCC.

Wow, I didn't expect Utah to suck so bad this year. Boise is crushing them right now.

Shame this isn't a conference match anymore.

It never was, I believe...?

Never reply to a willmorristrollbot post. It's best if you just ignore him now. Trust me, it's for your own good (and for the good of the entire Chris Creamer's Sports Logos Community).

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Well, having what? 10? new players, most of whom were desperation pick-ups is gonna hurt...meanwhile the team's one genuine contributor gets injured in an exhibition...I'm still holding out for 11th in the PAC though...

But not much pride left in that program, that's for sure.

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

The sad thing is that they may not even be the worst team in the Pac-12. That distinction could very well go to Arizona State, after struggling to beat a mediocre (by Big Sky

conference standards) Montana State then losing at home to the team picked to finish 8th in the WCC.

I believe ASU's big recruit hasn't been eligible to play yet.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

What LBSU did last night was telling the entire nation that they are legit. If I were a #5 or #6 seed come March and having to see these guys, I'd worry.

The scary part: Pitt wasn't the only Top 25 team they'll face on the road... They still have games at Louisville, at Kansas, at North Carolina and at Xavier left. They aren't scared of no one at The Beach!

Well, having what? 10? new players, most of whom were desperation pick-ups is gonna hurt...meanwhile the team's one genuine contributor gets injured in an exhibition...I'm still holding out for 11th in the PAC though...

But not much pride left in that program, that's for sure.

And Boise was considered a lock for last place in the MWC... although I don't think they're THAT bad.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

And Boise was considered a lock for last place in the MWC... although I don't think they're THAT bad.

All credit to BSU for the smackdown. It will be interesting to see as the season goes on just how much of a pillow fight this really was :P But I suspect Boise wont be THAT bad.

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

Dont let facts get in the way of Willmorris. <_<

Ah, but it was... back before the Mountain West was created - they were both in the WAC.

LvZYtbZ.png

Ah, but it was... back before the Mountain West was created - they were both in the WAC.

Actually, unless my history is off, didnt Utah help form the MWC the 2 years before BSU joined the WAC?...therefore they never actually played as WAC rivals....aw, what am I saying? Of course my history is right! :D

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

Actually at the time Utah was in the WAC, Boise was a member of the Big Sky Conference

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Athletic_Conference

Charter members

Arizona - (withdrew June 30, 1978 to join the Pacific-10 Conference)

Arizona State - (withdrew June 30, 1978 to join the Pacific-10 Conference)

Brigham Young - (withdrew June 30, 1999 to form the Mountain West Conference, now a member of the West Coast Conference for most sports and independent for football)

New Mexico - (withdrew June 30, 1999 to form the Mountain West Conference)

Utah - (withdrew June 30, 1999 to form the Mountain West Conference; Utah joined the Arizona schools in what is now the Pacific-12 Conference in 2011)

Wyoming - (withdrew June 30, 1999 to form the Mountain West Conference)

*snipped*

Former members

Withdrew in 2011

Mountain West Expansion

Boise State (2001?2011)

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

The sad thing is that they may not even be the worst team in the Pac-12. That distinction could very well go to Arizona State, after struggling to beat a mediocre (by Big Sky

conference standards) Montana State then losing at home to the team picked to finish 8th in the WCC.

I believe ASU's big recruit hasn't been eligible to play yet.

That's still no excuse for losing to Pepperdine.

Archived