2011-12 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

DCDuck

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

15-2 upsets are cool, but then there's the next game.

Cue the teeny-teeny boppers and the obligatory onslaught of "clock strikes midnight on Cinderella" wit.

Hold up now, guys. Y'all don't think Norfolk can erase this 30-point deficit? :P

But for realz now... Seeing how Lehigh played Duke, with confidence and composure throughtout, I can definitely see them getting past Xavier to become the first ever #15 to make the the Sweet Sixteen.

6uXNWAo.png

Cue the teeny-teeny boppers and the obligatory onslaught of "clock strikes midnight on Cinderella" wit.

Hold up now, guys. Y'all don't think Norfolk can erase this 30-point deficit? :P

But for realz now... Seeing how Lehigh played Duke, with confidence and composure throughtout, I can definitely see them getting past Xavier to become the first ever #15 to make the the Sweet Sixteen.

Perhaps so, but it's hard to come out like that again after the euphoria of winning over the 2 seed.

LvZYtbZ.png

So, all the winners yesterday were #1-4 seeds. Yawn.

Aside from maybe 1-2 teams, the Round of 32 tends to go chalk every year. It's the round that favors the team that has more depth...which just so happen to be the teams with the better seeds.

Same. Lehigh was poised and looked like a very good team - dare I say, underseeded?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Seeing how Lehigh played Duke, with confidence and composure throughtout, I can definitely see them getting past Xavier to become the first ever #15 to make the the Sweet Sixteen.

Same. Lehigh was poised and looked like a very good team - dare I say, underseeded?

Not sure how "underseeded" they are, but Lehigh is the best #15 seed I've ever seen play in the NCAAs. I'll be pretty disappointed if they goes out and lays an egg like Norfolk went ahead and did tonight.

6uXNWAo.png

Well, that stung a little but I'm still proud of VCU. I think this is just the beginning of a great future....

*Illinois hires Shaka Smart*

He's definitely their top target. Only way he doesn't go to Illinois is if he's holding out for a top level job (UCLA, Duke, UNC, Kentucky.) There's a decent chance that there will be an opening at UCLA soon, but if I'm him I wouldn't wait around too long before making the jump to a major program. A couple bad years at VCU and he'll be stuck in the mid-majors.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Ohio won, so I'm going to assume that McCarthy is running around Athens in nothing more then green body paint right about now screaming to the heavens about how awesome the Bobcats are. :P

And... is that Kansas losing?!? Man, these Friday-Sunday games have pretty much given all of us the Madness that is was lacking.

Lehigh with a great effort, but they're gonna fall short vs. Xavier.

Purdue leads Kansas by six at the half, but I still give Kansas the advantage in this one. The Jayahwks are one of teams who turn a 6 point deficit into a 6 point lead in no time flat.

6uXNWAo.png

Man, this is great. We'll probably lose to North Carolina in all likelihood, but this feels pretty awesome.

Ohio won, so I'm going to assume that McCarthy is running around Athens in nothing more then green body paint right about now screaming to the heavens about how awesome the Bobcats are. :P

I wish. I was a senior two years ago when we beat Georgetown and it ranks as one of the best nights of my life. The town went berserk. I'm in Cincinnati and I have a job that doesn't care about sports to get up for in the morning. Actually, OU is on Spring break right now so none of the students are there. Otherwise, Athens would be on fire.

PvO6ZWJ.png

It's looking like that Ohio and NC State are the only upsets in the third round for the 2012 tournament.

Not sure why that's in and of itself a bad thing. You want the best teams playing, don't you? If all the higher seeds are moving on, that must mean we're seeing the best remaining teams, right?

Heck of an ending to that Purdue/Kansas game though. That's how a good team wins a game from behind.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived