Houston Rockets, Upgrade or Downgrade?

Funkatron101

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Like the 76ers thread, this is a recolor and simplification of their 90s logo. Might be a tougher sell, but I know many don't like their current logo.

A. rockets.jpg

Vs. Current Logo

B. 8xe4813lzybfhfl14axgzzqeq.gif

UPGRADE

A. rockets.jpg

vs.

vr7yd7ghightk5f9g3jh5ltnc.gif

DOWNGRADE

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I voted for your new concept, but I like the powder blue in the 90's era logo better, actually.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Not a fan of the logo you made. The colors are well, awful.

I'm not sure that I would like this concept if you gave it any other color combination anyway, because I'm not a fan of that logo at all.

The sharp angles in the wordmark clash with the mostly curved and streamline features of the basketball and rocket.

2043050vl19qK6.gif

Recolor sucks to be completely honest.. Can you keep all your recolors in one topic too if you don't mind? And dont make these polls so everytime someone votes it gets bumped to the top. Takes away from the designers that actually put time into their work.

That's 90s rockets logo in the powder blue is a thing of beauty!

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

Recolor sucks to be completely honest.. Can you keep all your recolors in one topic too if you don't mind? And dont make these polls so everytime someone votes it gets bumped to the top. Takes away from the designers that actually put time into their work.

Totally disagree - the recolor looks great, and red/yellow/gray is a perfect color scheme for the rockets.

And just because a designer puts time into his work, doesn't mean the product is going to look good. I would say funkatrons recolors look better than the majority of concepts made from scratch here. it's actually refreshing.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

That's 90s rockets logo in the powder blue is a thing of beauty!

I made 2 total. I don't plan on making any more, and quite frankly, this forum isn't active enough to harp on such a thing.

Not a fan of the logo you made. The colors are well, awful.

I'm not sure that I would like this concept if you gave it any other color combination anyway, because I'm not a fan of that logo at all.

The sharp angles in the wordmark clash with the mostly curved and streamline features of the basketball and rocket.

I'm not a huge fan of the logo either. I just wanted to take a shot at simplifying it to see if it suffered the same overuse of elements like many other 90s logos.

I honestly don't understand that logo. If this was a fan concept everyone would point out the noticeable flaws and the lack of emphasis on anything relating to the brand.

It's got nostalgic appeal, but I personally don't think it is a good logo.

A question for those who hate the current logo. What specifically is so off-putting about it?

The 90's in general have unsalvageable logos. Look at what the 90's replaced:

eigv3ra8cjkojrywrgcvy6z29.gif

If any team needs a neo-retro makeover, it's the Rockets.

I disagree, and I don't understand how people can say that the current logo is boring, but this is somehow better.

This logo just comes off as extremely generic and in no way references the fact the team is named the rockets or that they play in Houston.

2043050vl19qK6.gif

I disagree, and I don't understand how people can say that the current logo is boring, but this is somehow better.

This logo just comes off as extremely generic and in no way references the fact the team is named the rockets or that they play in Houston.

Oh, I never said their old logo was that great, either. I'm just saying that their current one sucks.

The thing that their old logo had going for it was liveliness. Just seeing that logo makes me somewhat interested in the team. Their current logo makes me want to go to sleep.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

The 90's in general have unsalvageable logos. Look at what the 90's replaced:

eigv3ra8cjkojrywrgcvy6z29.gif

If any team needs a neo-retro makeover, it's the Rockets.

Now THAT'S a logo I can live with!

"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin

• 11 months later...

Archived