Best Looking Fields in NFL or NCAA

nuordr

The checkboards at Tennessee and Navy remind me of the one season, 1997, when Northwestern went with checkerboard end zones. I appreciated them trying something different- for NU- but it didn't feel right.

6211249556_569f710b07.jpg

There are so many plain field designs in the NCAA and, especially, in the NFL. I like anything that shows a little creativity.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The checkboards at Tennessee and Navy remind me of the one season, 1997, when Northwestern went with checkerboard end zones. I appreciated them trying something different- for NU- but it didn't feel right.

Yeah, quite a departure from the usual welcome mats.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3186485477_d5b9a2d101.jpg

That looks like crap. THey would only do that after a college game for which they painted the teams' names on the field. That color block is just to cover up the other letters. The Eagles do this after the Army/Navy game. They should either not put the other teams' names on the field or paint the entire endzone afterwards.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Autzen+Stadium+New+Mexico+v+Oregon+Ue0hO9T_nqCl.jpg

Yeah, homer pick ^_^

Still though, the alternating shades of green just scream Oregon. Only the Ducks can pull this off. Besides Oregon, I really like LSU's and Boise's fields.

Winnona State also has a great field

winona_state_stadium_3.jpg

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I liked FSU's better in the old school '90s with the spear going the length of the endzones. That one really was cool design wise. Suprised more teams dont do something besides school names. ie how Maryland does now.

My gf is an IU fan cuz she's from there and she was saying that she doesnt like their field. The letters need to be enlarged in the endzones so they dont look like they have such a kerning issue. They need new field turf, too.

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

I liked FSU's better in the old school '90s with the spear going the length of the endzones. That one really was cool design wise. Suprised more teams dont do something besides school names. ie how Maryland does now.

My gf is an IU fan cuz she's from there and she was saying that she doesnt like their field. The letters need to be enlarged in the endzones so they dont look like they have such a kerning issue. They need new field turf, too.

It sounds like you are talking about Kentucky's Field at Commonwealth Stadium. It is horrible looking IMO and the grass needs to go.

spacer.png

yea that was a good looking endzone too

i actually like the large kerning at IU, but to make it more consistent the letters probably dont need to change size. just have "INDIANA" and "HOOSIERS" with equal kerning rather than trying to stretch each word all the way across and getting a different kerning treatment at both ends. a condensed font might help too

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I LOVE ECU's Midfield Logo

tumblr_lqbbhkYVy31qabfnuo1_400.jpg

This is the longest logo in FBS. I think it spans over 30 yards.

Florida State's and Clemson's fields looked a lot better with white endzones, but both schools ditched them, unfortunately. LSU's endzones looked better with the old 70s-style thick lettering.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

got to admit that the shot of Folsum Field is pretty damn awesome...NatGeo has some great photogs!

field design, stadium design, environment/scenery, weather. Colorado has it all

football-stadium-colorado-061009-sw.jpg

i like the Hoosiers field/stadium too

indiana-hoosiers-memorialstadium.jpg

Florida State

3768826.jpg

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Archived