Denver Broncos Get Approval for Orange from the League

Captain Poncho

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great news. The Broncos just look right in orange jerseys. I guess since orange is now the primary color, they could come up with a set of orange pants? Not like it's unprecedented in team history.

MarlinBriscoeOrange.jpg

I'm not a Broncos fan, nor am I close follower of their traditions and history, but, the Broncos had their greatest successes (Super Bowls XXXII and XXXIII) with navy blue as their primary. I'm all for nostalgia, but I think the importance of 2 Super Bowls would have a higher standing than other years.

Personally I prefer the navy blue, with the orange alternate now and then give a nod to their history.

Great news. The Broncos just look right in orange jerseys. I guess since orange is now the primary color, they could come up with a set of orange pants? Not like it's unprecedented in team history.

MarlinBriscoeOrange.jpg

I'm all for anything but the all-white road unis. They have next to no orange in them now and it's a very boring look.

Personally, I'd change the side stripes on the white jerseys to orange and marry that with navy pants for the road.

But the league almost never asks me what I think.

Weird.

I'm not a Broncos fan, nor am I close follower of their traditions and history, but, the Broncos had their greatest successes (Super Bowls XXXII and XXXIII) with navy blue as their primary. I'm all for nostalgia, but I think the importance of 2 Super Bowls would have a higher standing than other years.

Personally I prefer the navy blue, with the orange alternate now and then give a nod to their history.

It shouldn't be about nostalgia or about Super Bowls. It should be about what looks best and creates the strongest identity. So this is the right move.

msg-117798227822.jpg

So are they keeping their current template or getting new unis?

No new unis. Just using the orange alt as the home jersey...

The team will not change the current design ? the orange jerseys you saw the Broncos wear in the home opener against the Raiders will be the same design in 2012.

Their history before the late 90s is nothing to dismiss though. I think wearing the orange version of the current look is the perfect balance. You can look at it side-by-side with any era of Broncos football (sans the vertical stripe sock era) and it looks like the same team.

Their history before the late 90s is nothing to dismiss though. I think wearing the orange version of the current look is the perfect balance. You can look at it side-by-side with any era of Broncos football (sans the vertical stripe sock era) and it looks like the same team.

I'm undecided about this. I'm very happy that their switching to orange as their primary uniform color for home games, but on the other hand, I was hoping for new uniforms altogether.

IUe6Hvh.png

Definitely think this is a step in the right direction. They need to get a set of orange pants, or at least change the white jersey to have orange accents, eliminating blue accent pants.

Without leaving their current "template", they should have

Orange (with blue), White (with orange), and Blue (with orange) jerseys,

Orange (with blue) and White (with orange) pants. I guess you could leave in the blue pants.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

>>>>

I had heard that Denver wanted to do it this year, but the NFL said no because they gave notice too late, whatever the rules are for that if anyone knows?

They do look like the Broncos in orange, but the logo and color change in the 90s was a great move. Better logo, and that shade of puke-blue they used on their prior helmet was gawd-awful.

Their '66 throwback they wore for NFL-75 in '94 was cool.... I saw 'em play in them, but the away set.

That would make a good throwback if they chose to shelve the navy blue as alternate.

den-sharpe.jpg

MarlinBriscoeOrange.jpg

Goodness, that's a sharp looking set. I love how the orange pants look with the white top and the blue helmet. I wouldn't mind Denver trying out a blue-white-orange combo at all.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

>>>>

Better logo, and that shade of puke-blue they used on their prior helmet was gawd-awful.

What have you been eating? lol

Well, the shade of Blue they used from 1977-1996 was called Reflex Blue. Maybe Reflux Blue?

Archived