new 2011-12 college basketball uniforms

I like this look from Akron, very crisp, clean and nice all around.

agreed, it looks pretty cool and that's all I care about. Something like that could have gone two ways but luckily the feedback has been positive.

Question for you VMD. I've been a lifelong MAC fan (both parents and myself attended Ohio), and still am a big fan of your identity upgrade from the yellow and blue to the gold and blue with new logo. But since you mentioned that the silvers are more of a classic design, were Akron's colors ever Silver and Blue, and not gold and Blue? Could that be why they decided to change it up this year? I've always wanted the Bobcats to do a throwback jersey (just a one game thing) in the original school colors of Blue and White.

Overall a nice clean crisp jersey from Nike. I know our contract is up after this year with Russell (thankfully) and with Coach Groce being a former Buckeye Assistant, he wants Nike badly. So Im thinking that our basketball program, perhaps whole athletic department could be Nike next year.

x0y5nq.png

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

agreed, it looks pretty cool and that's all I care about. Something like that could have gone two ways but luckily the feedback has been positive.

Question for you VMD. I've been a lifelong MAC fan (both parents and myself attended Ohio), and still am a big fan of your identity upgrade from the yellow and blue to the gold and blue with new logo. But since you mentioned that the silvers are more of a classic design, were Akron's colors ever Silver and Blue, and not gold and Blue? Could that be why they decided to change it up this year? I've always wanted the Bobcats to do a throwback jersey (just a one game thing) in the original school colors of Blue and White.

Overall a nice clean crisp jersey from Nike. I know our contract is up after this year with Russell (thankfully) and with Coach Groce being a former Buckeye Assistant, he wants Nike badly. So Im thinking that our basketball program, perhaps whole athletic department could be Nike next year.

I'm actually not sure. The reason I mentioned a classic design was more a description of the tradition UA logo and font used, not so much the color.

I know the football team had used blue and gold since the 60s. I never understood why they went through the blue and yellow era. Not only was it ugly and uninspired, but to switch to colors that exactly matched Kent State is a head scratcher. Thank God they switched back, and I'm still trying to do some research of other colors used in the schools history. Only problem is most of the old photos I've seen are in black and white so they are no help.

Much respect to you for being a MAC fan. Most schools in Ohio live in OSU's shadow and the general feeling towards Akron, OU, and even Cincinnati is that we "don't count". Thankfully Ohio had a great run in the tourney a few years back to garner some respect for the conference.

if those UW-Milwaukee ones are grey, count me as a fan...

That would be awesome if they were, but if I had to put money on it, I'd say the "grey" is actually bad cam-phone coloration.

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

I'm actually not sure. The reason I mentioned a classic design was more a description of the tradition UA logo and font used, not so much the color.

I know the football team had used blue and gold since the 60s. I never understood why they went through the blue and yellow era. Not only was it ugly and uninspired, but to switch to colors that exactly matched Kent State is a head scratcher. Thank God they switched back, and I'm still trying to do some research of other colors used in the schools history. Only problem is most of the old photos I've seen are in black and white so they are no help.

Much respect to you for being a MAC fan. Most schools in Ohio live in OSU's shadow and the general feeling towards Akron, OU, and even Cincinnati is that we "don't count". Thankfully Ohio had a great run in the tourney a few years back to garner some respect for the conference.

Kent State's Elite Eight helped too. The MAC is on the map, it's just that big schools with deep followings are going to soak up tournament spots.

After going through Uni Watch's rundown on ESPN, which was kinda sub par, it appears that the Duke piping template is making a comeback amongst Nike's smaller schools. I'm never a fan of shared templates, but these uniforms look lightyears better than the all of the substandard SOD templates that have been used the past few years. Creighton, New Mexico, Providence, and Utah State all made the switch. I'm curious if BYU will return to this look as they wore this piping longer than anyone outside of Duke itself.

After going through Uni Watch's rundown on ESPN, which was kinda sub par, it appears that the Duke piping template is making a comeback amongst Nike's smaller schools. I'm never a fan of shared templates, but these uniforms look lightyears better than the all of the substandard SOD templates that have been used the past few years. Creighton, New Mexico, Providence, and Utah State all made the switch. I'm curious if BYU will return to this look as they wore this piping longer than anyone outside of Duke itself.

I really hope Xavier wears the uniforms shown all year long. I know the reporter said they were just for a scrimmage, but to me they looked like the new Nike Elite template. Not to mention he seems like kind of an idiot and wrong about his comments on most schools. Some were blatantly obvious such as him mentioning only a wordmark color change, when in reality the typefaces and entire uniform were updated. I think he should just post pictures and keep opinions out of it.

My team is finally stepping up to the plate with an alternate jersey this basketball season. I really like this new grry jersey that UK will be sporting. I am very interested in seeing the design on the back more clearly. Let's go Cats!

UK-Grey.jpg

If you want to see the new uniforms of the devils team, click here.

Love the grey! Grey was an accent color during the Tubby Smith era and I thought it always complimented really well. We also wore grey once before during the 100th anniversary year.

I didn't mind the black for one game as a tribute to keightley but am strongly opposed to it as a usual trim or alt. jersey color. Black is Duke's thing. They are Royal blue, white, and black. We are Royal Blue and White. If we use a third color to me it better be grey and not black, plus i think it looks good.

Actually, Duke is just Duke Blue (PMS 287 - but Nike is lazy and uses the same color for Duke, UK, UF) and white. However, Nike enjoys destroying our uniforms with black.

To commemorate the passing of long-time equipment manager Bill Keightley, the Wildcats wore black uniforms for the first time in the modern era. Not only that, but each jersey had Keightley’s name on the back to honor the man who gave so much to Kentucky’s basketball program. - So while I love the new Football uniform in black, I hope our basketball team sticks with Blue, White, and Grey and not turn into a Duke knock-off.

they actually wore the black twice and i think the second time they did have the players names on the back. the first time was the keightley game and the other was the NIT game. I believe it was to signify the grave billy gillispie was trying to throw the kentucky program into. I work on campus and might walk over to the school store to see if they have them in. I can probably get true to life pics to verify how light or dark they are. I did see the shorts awhile back before i knew they were actually making jerseys to go with them. i thought they were just fashion shorts. From what i recall the shorts were middle of the road grey, not very dark but definitely not white up close.

Finally walked over to the school store. They only have replicas but they are indeed extremely light grey. I don't even see the point in having them now that i know they likely will be so light. They will definitely be used at home instead of the whites. There is no possible way they would be able to wear them instead of the blues against an opponent in white.

Sorry for the terrible picture quality. I've got an old phone and will be upgrading soon. The difference looks even more minimal in real life.

d5bb799b33069fa6383435cc5230d519b16edd6e4275c5ea.jpg

Bowling Green had their first men's basketball game tonight, at the brand new Stroh Center.

stroh.png

They also unveiled new uniforms for tonights game (I was in attendance).

Here are the new home uniforms from tonight:

side.png

collar.png

back.png

Here are the former:

old.png

I personally like the change, only because it puts more of an emphasis on orange. While I loved the old template, I wasn't a fan of the over-abundance of brown on the home uniform (while the road uniform was orange).

I gotta say I don't like the new collar at all, either.

All in all, it's a lateral change, doesn't do a whole lot for me, I just like seeing changes.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

efi9a0.jpg2j26jpx.jpgWashington's new jerseys better than the old two color collar.

a little late to this party, but these arnt new for this year.

I think they got these at some point in the middle of last year, with the design on the back. In fact the jersey you posted is from Matt Bryan-Amaning who graduated.

Besides that note, they are beautiful jerseys, I like them a lot better than the one shoulder ones, I'm glad we we've away from those.

I hope this year our gold jersey is switched to this redesigned version, last year they still had the older version of the gold, with a white and purple shoulder and no design on the back. I guess we'll see since they will wear them at some point.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Radford has a weird quirk on their uniforms. Sent this to Paul Lukas. Looks...weird.

If they had used a wordmark instead of a simple "RU" no one would notice. It's simply the school's initials

Terrible grammar on those Radford Uni's...where's the question mark!?!?!?...yes, "Dad jokes" are my speciality.

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

A few replies up I posted the Bowling Green Falcons' new home uniforms.

Yesterday the Falcons took on the Georgia Bulldogs in Athens, here are their new road uniforms:

BGNew3.png

BGNew2.png

BGnew.png

Here are the old, for comparison.

bgold2.png

bgold.png

I think, generally speaking, I like the old template was better but the browned-out home uniforms killed it for me.

I dig the orange look at home.

All in all, I'll call it an upgrade.

(It's too bad the MAC logo couldn't have been placed on that odd-shaped Adidas collar.)

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I love Georgia's silver basketball jerseys. Good move my coach, Mark Fox. While the school colors are "red and black", silver, because of football, is definitely an emphasized tertiary color that should be more of a focus in the identity. The silver jerseys, this year, are a complete nod to the silver britches...using the same design.

I would not mind if Georgia wore those every home game.

Archived