new 2011-12 college basketball uniforms

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so its not a uniform, but a court...what the HECK is that in the center of Kansas St. court i cant find any pics really, but i NEVER, ever seen that...what happened to the big giant power cat??

edit: auctally whats with the Kinect at the ends of the court??? what is this court sponsored by X-box??? geesh what a mess

edit again, it was played in Wichita not the lil apple explains all

For FSU, black works though. Not so much for Florida and Miami. Its been a trim color for so long that it works

Yeah, it "works," but that's not my point. My point was that, until last year, they had a black alternate but no gold alternate. THAT'S what I object to. In basketball in particular, I've got no objection to black alternates (and I'd like to see FSU baseball do something with it).

if those UW-Milwaukee ones are grey, count me as a fan...

That would be awesome if they were, but if I had to put money on it, I'd say the "grey" is actually bad cam-phone coloration.

So it turns out I was wrong...

Mens-Basketball-Kylem.jpg

Not quite how I would've executed them, but certainly not bad either, though they'd probably look much better without that butt-ugly template. It just feels like grey uniforms are so trendy now that we're really just being one of the herd instead of establishing our own identity. If they want a lighter color that can be worn at home that isn't white or yellow, I'd go with cream. It looks good with black and gold and it could be used to sell them as a true Milwaukee team (i.e. "Cream City") rather than just the university's.

521904.jpg

Are these new or have I just been painfully oblivious to USC's unfitting use of a black uniform?

several years old. And isn't that oj mayo who hasn't played for them in a couple of seasons?

Excruciatingly oblivious. That's OJ Mayo and Taj Gibson.

It was late and I was tired.

Anyway, it just dawned on me that I remembered seeing those black unis against Minnesota.

64719_USC_Minnesota_Basketball.jpg

I always think Minnesota looks weird wearing white at home. And USC's black uniforms are still unfitting.

Does anyone else think Syracuse should return to their old uniforms, like the ones they won with in 2003? Or something similar?

Past:

173.jpg

Now:

syracuse-basketball.jpg

Do Syracuse fans like their current look better? Why did Syracuse change from the ones they won the championship with? I'm interested to know.

Tf9TG.jpg

Cause it's Nike. :P

I'd personally like them to stick with what they have, but swap the silver with white numbers on the orange jerseys, silver with orange on the white jerseys, and get some more navy on them. I'm not sure if I'd like the piping back or not.

In terms of fans liking one over the other, basically anything Syracuse comes out with in terms of basketball sells like hotcakes among the locals and students anyway, so they can literally do anything and people will eat it up

While I'm talking Cuse, and going along with the navy suggestion, unfortunately the university and athletic departments have really been getting rid of navy. The university's basically using orange and grey everywhere (think Oklahoma State's football jerseys without the black) and all the non-revenue teams wear just orange and white. Plus the basketball court, which got rid of a lot of navy at the beginning of the season, has gone to none now (http://www.nunesmagician.com/2011/12/16/2640524/court-is-officially-de-blued for reference). So at this point sadly only the football team has any navy really left in their uniforms.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

if those UW-Milwaukee ones are grey, count me as a fan...

Uic ditched the custom flame logo on the uniform for a generic adidas template omg that's sad

That would be awesome if they were, but if I had to put money on it, I'd say the "grey" is actually bad cam-phone coloration.

So it turns out I was wrong...

Mens-Basketball-Kylem.jpg

Not quite how I would've executed them, but certainly not bad either, though they'd probably look much better without that butt-ugly template. It just feels like grey uniforms are so trendy now that we're really just being one of the herd instead of establishing our own identity. If they want a lighter color that can be worn at home that isn't white or yellow, I'd go with cream. It looks good with black and gold and it could be used to sell them as a true Milwaukee team (i.e. "Cream City") rather than just the university's.

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

I really like these gray uni's for Texas as an alt. There's at least some significance to them in that they wore grey jerseys years ago. I scoured the internet looking for a pic, but couldn't find one, but I've seen them in before.

I'm also a huge fan of the western-style "TEXAS" font. As a lifelong Texas fan, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing this font become the standard for all Texas uniforms, including the football jerseys.

I really like these gray uni's for Texas as an alt. There's at least some significance to them in that they wore grey jerseys years ago. I scoured the internet looking for a pic, but couldn't find one, but I've seen them in before.

I'm also a huge fan of the western-style "TEXAS" font. As a lifelong Texas fan, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing this font become the standard for all Texas uniforms, including the football jerseys.

I've been a season ticket holder/user since birth. They wore silver alts a lot when I was a kid, long before it was cool to. That was when Tom Penders was the coach and Reebok was their sponsor.

I like the font, but don't want to see it on the football uniforms. I wish they had done a better job of replicating it on the court.

I'd personally like them to stick with what they have, but swap the silver with white numbers on the orange jerseys, silver with orange on the white jerseys, and get some more navy on them. I'm not sure if I'd like the piping back or not.

In terms of fans liking one over the other, basically anything Syracuse comes out with in terms of basketball sells like hotcakes among the locals and students anyway, so they can literally do anything and people will eat it up

While I'm talking Cuse, and going along with the navy suggestion, unfortunately the university and athletic departments have really been getting rid of navy. The university's basically using orange and grey everywhere (think Oklahoma State's football jerseys without the black) and all the non-revenue teams wear just orange and white. Plus the basketball court, which got rid of a lot of navy at the beginning of the season, has gone to none now (http://www.nunesmagician.com/2011/12/16/2640524/court-is-officially-de-blued for reference). So at this point sadly only the football team has any navy really left in their uniforms.

After thinking about it for a moment, I think it's a good idea for Cuse to de-emphasize navy. Off the top of my head I can only think of a handful of schools that use navy & orange, but only one that uses orange & white and that's Tennessee, which uses a completely different shade of orange.

As far as uniforms, even if they swapped out the navy trim for grey trim, I'd be happy if they went back to these.

After thinking about it for a moment, I think it's a good idea for Cuse to de-emphasize navy. Off the top of my head I can only think of a handful of schools that use navy & orange, but only one that uses orange & white and that's Tennessee, which uses a completely different shade of orange.

As far as uniforms, even if they swapped out the navy trim for grey trim, I'd be happy if they went back to these.

Texas.

What is the history behind Cuse using Navy?

Looking at my Syracuse Basketball Vault book, Syracuse has used navy going back to at least the 1910's. So it's pretty entrenched in the athletic department's tradition. As for going with just orange and white, I feel like having navy as an accent at least gives the identity a bit more pop to it, if that makes any sense. That plus although navy and orange are used elsewhere, having orange as the primary and navy as the secondary sets Syracuse apart, whereas orange and white, even though with different shades, muddles it up with Texas and Tennessee. The only school that has any sort of confusion really at this point is Illinois, but there's enough to tell apart the two schools (UVA uses much more navy than orange in their athletic department so that's not as much of an issue). Additionally, there's no other orange and navy schools in the northeast region in D-1 (Bucknell's more orange and royal blue, though tonight's game will indeed be a tad bit confusing to watch haha), so Syracuse holds their own in a regional aspect in terms of identity.

That being said, once Syracuse joins the ACC, yikes there's a lot of orange schools. But still, I think navy's been in the university for so long that it should stick around as a secondary color.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

The University of Denver have new uniforms for the season.

Old Uniforms

duhoops15sJPG_900_540_0_95_1_50_50.jpg

New Uniforms

122111_DUCitadel_18sJPG_900_540_0_95_1_50_50.jpg

122111_DUCitadel_8sJPG_900_540_0_95_1_50_50.jpg

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

Archived