new 2011-12 college basketball uniforms

I liked the idea of Florida wearing orange.

The execution was flat out atrocious. Blue numbers, with no white at all, on orange jerseys looked like a smock.

Numbers were tough to read (with no white outline) at the restaurant I was at.

tough to read?..they were damn near impossible to read even on a 60" hdtv

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a feeling UNC may break out some new kicks tonight. The "UNC" colorway of the newest signature Air Jordan model, the Jordan 2012, just released today. At the unveiling, they had a pair on a manikan that was wearing North Carolina's Platinum Elite jersey. Is UNC scheduled to weat their P.E. jersey tonight?

air-jordan-2012-unc-1-570x378.jpg

i liked florida's orange unis. looked good, just need to add the white outline like you guys were talking about.

design wise they look good but the black is not necessary...they other thing I don't like is when bb uniforms have black trim on the roads and no black on the homes like the knicks and thunder.

I have a feeling UNC may break out some new kicks tonight. The "UNC" colorway of the newest signature Air Jordan model, the Jordan 2012, just released today. At the unveiling, they had a pair on a manikan that was wearing North Carolina's Platinum Elite jersey. Is UNC scheduled to weat their P.E. jersey tonight?

air-jordan-2012-unc-1-570x378.jpg

They already said a few people would be wearing the AJ2012s. However they will not be wearing their Platinum Elite jerseys tonight. Platinum Elite jerseys are only being worn against non-Nike schools.

EDIT: Georgetown is wearing the cool grey AJ 2012s, with the volt laces. The volt is very out of place.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

This is a few days late, but Northwestern wore their black alternates again. This time it was on the road at Illinois. As far as I know they were supposed to be worn just once, vs. MSU, but now NU is 2-0 in them. I wonder if we'll see them again?

6846327357_e92cf70edc.jpg

6843896677_76e635da8f_b.jpg

The players don't look like they love them.

Do you expect them to have huge smiles? There's really no correlation between smiles and liking uniforms.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

425624_10150656526721071_99423386070_11635916_928468163_n.jpg
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Florida wore those against literally the one team they don't look horrible against. The uniforms suck, but against the Tennesse orange, they're ok. Of course, now that they lost to them in those uniforms, I don't think we'll ever see them again.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Just want to rant . . . I absolutely hate all these gray/charcoal unis. They are flat out ugly. Sure, everyone has done black so let's be "different" with gray, but it looks like crap. I'm quite willing to grandfather in The Ohio State for sporting gray/silver at home for a long time.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

Just want to rant . . . I absolutely hate all these gray/charcoal unis. They are flat out ugly. Sure, everyone has done black so let's be "different" with gray, but it looks like crap. I'm quite willing to grandfather in The Ohio State for sporting gray/silver at home for a long time.

The Duke-Maryland game looked absolutely terrible today

wisco_adidas-1.jpggbp-2.jpg

I second the gray sentiments.

Gray in general isn't a good color, and it doesn't have anywhere near the aesthetic appeal that black has, regardless of BFBS or not. Black is an extreme color that lends itself well to basically any other color that exists, be it dominant or trim. Gray, when used as a dominant color, not so much.

spacer.png

Florida wore those against literally the one team they don't look horrible against. The uniforms suck, but against the Tennesse orange, they're ok. Of course, now that they lost to them in those uniforms, I don't think we'll ever see them again.

I believe my Vols are the only team to play against teams wearing the HyperElite disasters twice. Kentucky blew us out in them earlier this month. They didn't help the Gators today.

Performance note, they looked really wet on a couple of Florida players in the notoriously humid O-Dome.

Archived