new 2011-12 college basketball uniforms

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Utah wore to help honor the 1976-77 WAC Championship team.

769289.jpg

The Utes just need to go right ahead and make these the standard basketball uni.

thisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthis

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Wait, I'm confused... how could the camera angle make the socks look like they have vertical stripes?

It doesn't, they are Adidas socks that run vertical.

So you think on the day Nike was using Florida to demonstrate new uniform, sock and shoe technology based around a platinum and neon orange that this kid went out of his way to find adidas socks in the same color?

If you want to be wrong, I can't help you. Unless adidas started putting Nike logos on their socks and only using 2 stripes, those are Nike socks. You can check out the swooshes on the socks in this gallery: http://www.gatorzone.com/gallery/?sport=baskm&gallery_id=1925

I apologize, I glanced at the pic and saw Tennessee which is an Adidas school and recalled that Adidas makes a vertical stripe sock also.

I started at the beginning of this thread but then hit the dreaded "Mark Board As Read" button that is right under the "post" button on the mobile site and lost my place.

I assume someone mentioned in these pages that Iowa filled in the black lettering on their black road jerseys with gold this year and that they wore gold throwbacks with a script lettering to honor the 1986-87 team a couple weeks back?

4f3042699d30d.image.jpg

Strangely enough, I'm not sure the team they were honoring ever wore these jerseys. I think they were mothballed a few years before.

Here are the former road jerseys with no white at all that they switched to the same year Purdue started a blackout look (which I believe they kept):

107947656_display_image.jpg

These are still being sold:

p11592080reg.jpg

...but these are what they wear on the court:

4eff77a8370a1.image.jpg

EDIT: Fixed image link.

Xavier wore throwbacks from 2001 tonight to honor 10 years with nike

Also Kent State wore some awful black jerseys vs. BG tonight

Yes, Kent has had the Black uniforms for a few years and they are BAD. I couldn't care less about the color, it's the execution that makes them look bad. Between Ohio U, Miami, BG, and Kent State the MAC has some very bad uniforms overall.

I think in total Kent has blue, white, black, yellow, and grey. Using 4 different templates total. They think it's "cool" but in reality the school is too cheap to buy new uniforms so they've just been recycling the same ones for the past 5 years.

Arizona wore special grey jerseys with "ZONA" on the chest, and the players' names below the number on the back.

they were part of the program already mentioned. Nike Hyper Elite platinum or something along with Duke, UNC, UConn, Florida, etc...

I started at the beginning of this thread but then hit the dreaded "Mark Board As Read" button that is right under the "post" button on the mobile site and lost my place.

I assume someone mentioned in these pages that Iowa filled in the black lettering on their black road jerseys with gold this year and that they wore gold throwbacks with a script lettering to honor the 1986-87 team a couple weeks back?

4f3042699d30d.image.jpg

Strangely enough, I'm not sure the team they were honoring ever wore these jerseys. I think they were mothballed a few years before.

Here are the former road jerseys with no white at all that they switched to the same year Purdue started a blackout look (which I believe they kept):

107947656_display_image.jpg

These are still being sold:

p11592080reg.jpg

...but these are what they wear on the court:

4eff77a8370a1.image.jpg

EDIT: Fixed image link.

The white on those Iowa uniforms looks terrible. It makes the wordmark unreadable. I feel that when you have gold numbers on a black jersey, a white outline is unnecessary.

Xavier wore throwbacks from 2001 tonight to honor 10 years with nike

Also Kent State wore some awful BFBS jerseys vs. BG tonight

That may be the weakest excuse for a throwback jersey I've ever heard

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

UNC and Maryland going color-vs-color tonight.

Unfortunately, the two colors in question are dark gray and black. <_<

It was ugly.

wow, just saw highlights at espn.com. That might be the worst combo i've ever seen. that should never happen. I wonder if maryland(an under armor school) wore their black unis on purpose knowing that unc would wear their grey special nike unis. Kinda makes unc look dumb for not wearing white at home against black unis. whatever, it doesn't matter who's fault it is, it was just plain bad.

Kinda makes unc look dumb for not wearing white at home against black unis.

That was intentional. All of the schools that wore those gray uniforms wore them at home against non-Nike schools.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Kinda makes unc look dumb for not wearing white at home against black unis.

That was intentional. All of the schools that wore those gray uniforms wore them at home against non-Nike schools.

Join Nike, and you too may be blessed with gray uniforms!

Well, it was only for schools that have won a national championship while wearing Nike.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

UNC and Maryland going color-vs-color tonight.

Unfortunately, the two colors in question are dark gray and black. <_<

It was ugly.

That's putting it very lightly.

Just peeped the gallery at ESPN.com and it didn't look nearly as bad as I thought it would. I never really had problems with Maryland in black since they get their colors from the state flag of which black is a prominent part, but those grey UNC uniforms are terrible. Shame on them for not having the self-respect to stand up for their traditions, especially when Nike probably wouldn't even be what it is if not for UNC.

Well, it was only for schools that have won a national championship while wearing Nike.

True for those ones, but Nike has given many teams grey basketball uniforms over the past 2 seasons that haven't done anything close to winning a national championship.

Archived