new 2011-12 college basketball uniforms

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WVU changed their blacks because the NCAA said outline numbers are too difficult for officials to see from a distance. It's the same ruling they made on Purdue's outline numbers a couple years ago.

My team is finally stepping up to the plate with an alternate jersey this basketball season. I really like this new grry jersey that UK will be sporting. I am very interested in seeing the design on the back more clearly. Let's go Cats!

UK-Grey.jpg

If you want to see the new uniforms of the devils team, click here.

Not grey. To me a light grey uniform just looks like white that wasn't washed.

Check out this link, the jersey is actually a darker grey than this picture.

Better but still someone has to figure out how to make a grey work. Maybe it's making the white outline bolder to make it obvious that there is white and there is grey. Or maybe it's making a grey with a shine to it. Not metallic but satin-like.

My team is finally stepping up to the plate with an alternate jersey this basketball season. I really like this new grry jersey that UK will be sporting. I am very interested in seeing the design on the back more clearly. Let's go Cats!

UK-Grey.jpg

Not grey. To me a light grey uniform just looks like white that wasn't washed.

Check out this link, the jersey is actually a darker grey than this picture.

Better but still someone has to figure out how to make a grey work. Maybe it's making the white outline bolder to make it obvious that there is white and there is grey. Or maybe it's making a grey with a shine to it. Not metallic but satin-like.

Grey works when paired with white to make both the grey and the primary color pop out. Texas's greys work for that reason. K-State's do not because of a lack of white.

Sheesh. At least this one can properly be called AAFAAS. (BFBS is not politically correct anymore.)

It's an overused pointless and stupid phrase, that's about it.

It's a completely appropriate phase when a team introduces black when it's not needed or not a school color. Trying to argue otherwise is pretty pointless and stupid.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

UK-Grey.jpg

Love the grey! Grey was an accent color during the Tubby Smith era and I thought it always complimented really well. We also wore grey once before during the 100th anniversary year.

I didn't mind the black for one game as a tribute to keightley but am strongly opposed to it as a usual trim or alt. jersey color. Black is Duke's thing. They are Royal blue, white, and black. We are Royal Blue and White. If we use a third color to me it better be grey and not black, plus i think it looks good.

Actually, Duke is just Duke Blue (PMS 287 - but Nike is lazy and uses the same color for Duke, UK, UF) and white. However, Nike enjoys destroying our uniforms with black.

To commemorate the passing of long-time equipment manager Bill Keightley, the Wildcats wore black uniforms for the first time in the modern era. Not only that, but each jersey had Keightley’s name on the back to honor the man who gave so much to Kentucky’s basketball program. - So while I love the new Football uniform in black, I hope our basketball team sticks with Blue, White, and Grey and not turn into a Duke knock-off.

they actually wore the black twice and i think the second time they did have the players names on the back. the first time was the keightley game and the other was the NIT game. I believe it was to signify the grave billy gillispie was trying to throw the kentucky program into. I work on campus and might walk over to the school store to see if they have them in. I can probably get true to life pics to verify how light or dark they are. I did see the shorts awhile back before i knew they were actually making jerseys to go with them. i thought they were just fashion shorts. From what i recall the shorts were middle of the road grey, not very dark but definitely not white up close.

was there ever an explanation given for the topography lines?

Well, it's a topographic map of the Salt Lake valley for starters...but otherwise it's just a design element UA came up with sort of along the same line as Maryland's turtle shell stuff.

The handful of fans who heard early on that we were getting uni's with a mountain design figured that it would something to do with

Mount Van Cott

While it still does...it's definitely an interesting direction to take...

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

was there ever an explanation given for the topography lines?

Well, it's a topographic map of the Salt Lake valley for starters...but otherwise it's just a design element UA came up with sort of along the same line as Maryland's turtle shell stuff.

The handful of fans who heard early on that we were getting uni's with a mountain design figured that it would something to do with

Mount Van Cott

While it still does...it's definitely an interesting direction to take...

Meh. I had hoped for something better than that. Everyone could have topographical lines. Not everyone could do frog skin or turtle shell.

Meh. I had hoped for something better than that. Everyone could have topographical lines. Not everyone could do frog skin or turtle shell.

Bear in mind, out of respect for the Ute nation the U of U doesnt use ANY Ute tribal imagery (the university wont even put the Drum and Feather on anything considered permanent i.e. fields and courts).

So we're sort of hemmed in regarding design elements. I think the map design is fine for now, but it certainly doesnt feel like it'll be a long-term or memorable design.

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

Bear in mind, out of respect for the Ute nation the U of U doesnt use ANY Ute tribal imagery (the university wont even put the Drum and Feather on anything considered permanent i.e. fields and courts).

So we're sort of hemmed in regarding design elements. I think the map design is fine for now, but it certainly doesnt feel like it'll be a long-term or memorable design.

But the most prominant part of the athletic department (the football helmet) is fine?

A feather print on the numbers might have been kinda cool. Totally copying nike, of course, but everything UA and adidas do seems to anyways.

Archived