knnhrvy16

What Are You Reading?

338 posts in this topic

for-jc-scottish-chiefs-coverrws219.jpg

The story of William Wallace.

Just finished the Robert Langdon series (Angels, Da Vinci, and Lost Symbol). I love Dan Brown's books.

Now I'm reading Dearly Devoted Dexter by Jeff Lindsay. I'm a huge fan of the TV series and wanted to read where it all came from. Boy is it different.

I usually have at least a couple of books going. I recently wrapped-up David Pietrusza's 1948, as well as Roy MacGregor's Canadians.

Currently, I'm working on three titles:

Will Rogers: A Political Life by Richard D. White, Jr.

Conversations with Scorsese by Richard Schickel

HiStory of Santa Monica by Michael J. Atwood (short-story collection)

o_DbKFhE1eYWLI9UV.jpg

My friend got me the entire Aubrey/Maturin series for my birthday. The books are very dry, nautical, and written in an older style more closely comparable to Moby Dick. The books are massive, I've just finished the first book, so that means I have 14,000 pages left of material worth to read in the series....

I just started the Malleus Maleficarum by Heinrich Kramer and Jacob Sprenger. Yes, the medieval guide to hunting witches. This should be fun.

I just started the Malleus Maleficarum by Heinrich Kramer and Jacob Sprenger. Yes, the medieval guide to hunting witches. This should be fun.

That sounds like a kickass concept. Let me know how it is.

That sounds like a kickass concept. Let me know how it is.

Concept nothin', this thing was written in 1486 as a comprehensive guide to hunting witches. I found a reprint of it for cheap off of Amazon :D

Recently finished:

Lone Survivor by Marcus Lutrell (Story of a Navy SEAL who stood his ground and survived after his fellow men were killed.)

The Art of War by Sun Tzu

Now reading:

Decision Points by George W. Bush

How to be A Canadian by Will and Ian Ferguson

Also working on writing a biography about a man who has seen and done just about everything in his life who wanted me to write about his life and see if it sold.

At bat: peregrines.jpg

On deck: love-wins.jpg

In the hole: Hg--jacket-330.jpg

I don't care if The Hunger Games is thoroughly enjoyed by teenage girls everywhere, I'm a sucker for any type of dystopian future novel.

In the hole: Hg--jacket-330.jpg

I don't care if The Hunger Games is thoroughly enjoyed by teenage girls everywhere, I'm a sucker for any type of dystopian future novel.

The Hunger Games is an amazing book. The whole three way love affair takes a back seat to everything else that's going on in the book. The Hunger Games is my least favorite of the trilogy though. Mockingjay, the third one, is the best of the bunch and gives you a lot more background on just how messed up the dystopia is.

I'm currently reading The Visible Man by Chuck Klosterman. It was $25, which is a lot more than I am usually willing to pay for a book, but I'm a sucker for Klosterman.

the_visible_man_by_chuck_klosterman.jpg?w=300&h=460

Just about finished Fargo Rock City by Chuck Klosterman, with his new book The Visible Man waiting in line.

Here Comes Trouble by Michael Moore.

Finished As I Recall, now planning on jumping back into this one for (I think) the third time:

9780230611337.jpg

Really fascinating read. It's a collection of Goldwater's personal journal entries throughout most of his life. He's one of my favorite American political figures of all time.

Currently reading this for my Politics of Human Services class.

12972381.jpg

Just started it really today. Not too deep into it, but it's still interesting nonetheless.

Just finished A Dance With Dragons, Book 5 of A Song of Ice and Fire. Got my feet wet watching Game of Thrones on HBO and decided I couldn't wait until Season 2 to learn more of the story. Glad I read them. They break almost all of the expected fantasy tropes, which makes for a very exciting change of pace.

Just Kids - Patti Smith

patti-smith-just-kids.jpg