fishheatcats vs. The NHL

fishheatcats

Originally just a Ducks post, I decided to turn this into a series as I tackle the very few looks in the league that I really dislike. stay tuned for additional teams.

First the Ducks:

I was not a fan when they changed to the black/gold color scheme and dropped the "Mighty" from their name. So what I tried to do here was blend the two eras of (Mighty) Ducks hockey together in a new identity.

The teal/purple is back but tweaked to darker shades then the original Ducks set. Complimenting it are two shades of orange-ish brown that draws from the current Ducks look. Also, the "Mighty Ducks" name is back.

The new primary crest is a full body duck in flight, giving the identity something totally new to go with it's bits and pieces of the past. The full body duck necessitated the two orange/brown colors to make it a more realistic looking duck. I came up with an new sleeve patch/alt logo that is obviously based off the old duck mask/sticks crest.

The jerseys are fairly traditional, with the angled sleeve striping being a nod to the old Ducks'sets.

mdah.jpg

C&C always appreciated.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This looks really nice. The logos are well done, but on the primary I don't think it would hurt to thicken the purple outline a little bit, right now the inside parts are all a little close to the white outline. Shading and everything looks really good on the primary, and you gave the duck a really nice expression. I really like the update duck mask, but again I think you could stand to thicken the outlines a bit. The jerseys look phenomenal, you did a good job of working all the colors in there without making it really overwhelming.

The funny thing about so many people's concepts is that the alternate jersey is often better than the home and road. And it's the case over here.

I really like that Duck Mask logo. It should be the primary and the full body duck should be the shoulder patch. Also, good choice of colors.

I hate hockey but these unis are very cool! The alternate is definitely my favorite. Great job!

:o you hate hockey

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

Easily one of the best Ducks rebrands I've ever seen. My personal preference would of course be the duck mask as the primary, but even without making that change the Ducks could skate out onto the ice in these tomorrow and I'd never complain about their look ever again :D

Also: Kudos for not using a wordmark as the primary.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

I.love.this.

That said, I think the duck-mask logo is the stronger of the two logos, and I would switch their use up accordingly.

Love the colors, love the uniforms, love the striping, I would just switch out the full-bodied bird and the duck-mask.

Great concept by one of my favorite designers on the board. (Y)

::: UPDATE :::

Thanks for the compliments guys. Appreciate it :grin:

Okay, so based on the response, I swapped the logos, the mask is now the primary crest and the full body duck is the sleeve patch/alternate. Also, a minor detail I missed in the original post, I made the full body duck face forwards on both sleeves.

mdav2.png

::: UPDATE :::

Thanks for the compliments guys. Appreciate it :grin:

Okay, so based on the response, I swapped the logos, the mask is now the primary crest and the full body duck is the sleeve patch/alternate. Also, a minor detail I missed in the original post, I made the full body duck face forwards on both sleeves.

mdav2.png

This is beautiful, by far my favourite Ducks rebrand, I'd purchase a jersey in a hardbeat. Love the darker shade of the purple. The away, and alternate give me a Manitoba Moose feel, something unique that was lost with the Jets return.

untitled-6.jpg

Archived