Orioles 2012 Changes

Bill813

More info released

http://www.masnsports.com/school_of_roch/2011/10/changes-coming-to-os-cap-and-jersey.html

According to a source, the logo won't replicate the birds from the 1970 and 1983 caps, but it will be a variation of the two, taking certain qualities of both to create the new cartoon image.

These caps will be worn as part of the regular uniform, rather than being an alternate cap.

Also, the road jerseys will include a slightly modified script, with the letters spelling out "Baltimore" no longer tapering off at the end.

The home and road jerseys will include a patch on the right sleeve commemorating the 20th anniversary of Oriole Park at Camden Yards.

The Orioles are expected to make an official announcement on the changes in mid-November.

Bill813.png

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent. I'm reallly glad they are fixing the Baltimore script. I think they could do little things to fix the bird head, such as adding a black outline on the lower beak. I hope they use placket piping. This was a great look.

Brooks3.jpg

That look is so good they should make a statue of it.

Brooks%2BRobinson%2BStatue.jpg

I know, they used the home uniform, but the point about Brooks remains the same.

Bill813.png

Excellent. I'm reallly glad they are fixing the Baltimore script. I think they could do little things to fix the bird head, such as adding a black outline on the lower beak. I hope they use placket piping. This was a great look.

Brooks3.jpg

The road jersey script in that picture is perfect. As for the caps, I'm advocating for a return of the white panel caps at home, and the black cap with orange bill on the road. And who knows...maybe if they put an orange alt jersey into the mix they might bring back the orange panel cap as a special treat? :)

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

Extremely.

so they will wear the cartoon bird on the hats, but their current logo won't change

i dont think i like that

Not following, where are you getting that? Seems like they're saying there's going to be a new cartoon bird. Apologies if I'm missing something.

no, I got that as well.

New cartoon bird, incorporates elements of old cartoon birds, nothing about keeping the current logo in any capacity.

A club source confirmed, however, that the Orioles will sport the cartoon bird hat throughout the year except once a week ? likely Fridays ? when they will wear the alternate "O" hats and black jerseys as they did in 2011. The 2012 cartoon bird will be a combination of the 1970 logo and the 1983 one, but may resemble the older logo a bit more.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/2011/10/cartoon_bird_making_a_comeback.html

Bill813.png

Brooks3.jpg

Oh my, that's a beautiful uniform. I think that's the best Baltimore has ever looked. I'd love to see a return to those very socks as well.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Archived