Bear logo concept

JJSCOTT

It's been awhile since i been able to play with any logo stuff... did this one a while back as a Maine concept bear logo decided to rework it some and throw the Chicago bears color scheme on there. Lookin for C&C there are parts I am happy with and others that I just can't figure out what is makin the look wrong. Appreciate any and all C&C

1c755876.jpg

Mhockeyavatar-1.jpgMRink.jpgMhockeyavatarmaize-1.jpg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice work. Maybe a bit complex overall, but not in a detrimental way. The highlight on the muzzle is especially complex. I might look at simplifying that shape. Looks like someone shot him with a paintball gun. The only flaw I see is that the line weight around the teeth is too thin for the rest of the illustration. Either build the teeth straight from the orange that makes up the top and lower jaw, or get rid of the orange inside the mouth and just have the teeth sitting on the blue background.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

This is really great. I think you can make the inside of the cheek and the nostrils blue. Then add some highlight to the nose. It kinda has an old school look with all the details(which is cool). I'd like to see a super-simplified version as well. Break it down to it's main components to the point of ridiculousness. If it needs a little detail added back in, do it then. If I feel like I have too much detail, that's what I do. Usually, I'm pleased with the results.

Keep up the great work!

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

very solid. i would remove that light orange/peach shading on the face, it just looks really bad, both shape and color. the tongue would probably be best in orange too. the inside of the mouth should probably be blue, but im not sure. it would make sense lighting wise, but might just look better as is. i think the white key stroke is too thick and would probably look best without it anyway.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

very solid. i would remove that light orange/peach shading on the face, it just looks really bad, both shape and color. the tongue would probably be best in orange too. the inside of the mouth should probably be blue, but im not sure. it would make sense lighting wise, but might just look better as is. i think the white key stroke is too thick and would probably look best without it anyway.

I was about to post the exact same thing. Seconded.

bex2bn.jpg

v7xt0k.jpg

Thanks guys! appreciate the input. Sometimes you are just to wrapped up in it to see things.

I know some said get rid of the white outline but I prefer navy to the orange and would lose the edge. I like the white outline feels like it pulls the white into the overall instead of just the few small spots.

What do you think about these revisions?

9e1b0e7c.jpg

Mhockeyavatar-1.jpgMRink.jpgMhockeyavatarmaize-1.jpg

Looking even better! The beefed up outline around the teeth really works, and dropping the lighter shade of orange is an upgrade as well. A couple things that jump out at me though:

- The little sliver of orange to the left of the tongue now seems out of place since the rest of the mouth is navy.

- I'm torn on the white "shine" on the nose. I don't think I'd miss it if it went away.

- I agree that I miss some of the orange fur highlights on the bear's neck.

1c755876.jpgbda38478.jpg

Wanted to take a look side by side.

The mouth is much improved. I think it looks great. It's more logo-like, less illustration-like.

I kind of like how smooth the bottom of the logo is on the left. It gives it a more classic feel, and it makes it sort of resemble a crest. Does anyone else agree?

1c755876.jpgbda38478.jpg

The mouth is much improved. I think it looks great. It's more logo-like, less illustration-like.

I kind of like how smooth the bottom of the logo is on the left. It gives it a more classic feel, and it makes it sort of resemble a crest. Does anyone else agree?

I see what you're saying, and I agree.

Sometimes simplicity is the way to go.

I choose version #1 with the highlights and details of version 2.

bufg.png

1c755876.jpgbda38478.jpg

I think the original looks a lot better. The light orange on the snout would be better if it was the whole snout, kind of like a real bear where it would be light brown and the rounded off-ness of the neckline on the first logo makes the rest of the head stick out more, as opposed to looking too furry in the second one. All in all, I honestly think that only one or two minor things needed to change off the first and you had a winner.

i like the last update, it keeps getting better. maybe fill in the nose with blue, or at least the bear's left (our right) nostril.

i think it could be simplified a bit more, especially the silhouette of it. making it more like your wolverine logo. which also dosent need a white key stroke. i dont mind the white here, but i think this logo on a white background would be great

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

and another round of tweaking... kinda tried to take everything and mix them together.

aa462fa3.jpgaa4d0888.jpg

That light orange still isn't working for me. Especially since it isn't incorporated anywhere else. I think you've made the three colors work wonderfully as is.

The shape is better, but I gotta admit, I still really like the original shape of the bottom. You still illustrated the fur quite well, but it looks less mangy.

There is also a little triangle or orange near the eye in the second one that should be fixed (more like the first one). Nothing drastic, but it is such a minor detail that is probably not needed.

Archived