Evansville Icemen

aph7824

Hi, I'm an "evansville area" native, however, live in San Jose. I fell in love with NHL and the San Jose Sharks (because they are the only identity San Jose has nationwide vs. nearby San Fran or Oakland)

Since I was back in town, I went to the opening home game at the new Ford Center.

I want to say it seems that the icemen struggle with identity. I even saw a san jose sharks jersey in there! Many people just love hockey, while supporting nearby teams (preds, blues, etc) and not the icemen. I understand that it isn't the NHL.

Here is some problems:

- So many different logos, leagues in the past 4 years. (not much you can control now)

- Logo and mascot do not match.

- No body will associate with a guy in a hoodie. (I personally love animal logos / things that can be represented by mascots easily)

- Logo colors are not used anywhere outside of the logo (grey, black and royal blue are not on the jersey. Jersey is white, navy and powder blue.)

While searching up some info on "icemen" I came to find a yeti is literally a snowman / winter man that is an ape like creature. I found that this snow creature might help Evansville find their identity.

icemenpresent.jpg

I (obviously) used the avalanche foot print. Until I come up with something... it just works as "big foot" was considered a 'yeti' 'abominable snow man'

More:

icemen_logos.jpg

icemenblue.jpg

digging the foot.

the right eye looks way to close to the edge. and even still, without some type of white lines in the black shaded part, the white eye looks kinda weird. actually, looking at the nose now: everything looks lopsided.

I like where this is going, though.

He doesn't have "Bigfeet"

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

To spar cost, often times minor league teams will borrow jersey designs from majors.

With that being said... Jerseys:

icemenjersey.jpg

I actually live in Evansville (missed the home opener!) I agree with the comments you made but being a native here and knowing the market changing the logo this fast might cripple the fanbase even more. This is a really conservative are that has a reputation of failing to follow teams, we had a indoor football team that by year 4 managed to make it in the semifinals of the league finishing 3rd overall but attendance dropped after and they closed down after year 5. I think your logo is an improvement and looks great but wold only damage the teams chances of sticking around. (no pun intended)

Archived