Say it ain't so, Joe

Viper

On 9/1/2016 at 9:00 PM, MadmanLA said:

Henceforth, the Pennsylvania State University shall always be referred to as NAMBLA State University.

:censored: Penn State!

Lol, I was unfriended by a friend of my ex wife (Penn Alum), for making a NAMBLA State comment on his post "honoring the legacy of one of the greatest coaches to ever live." And stating that Joe Pa has no place being regarded shoulder-to-shoulder with someone like Pat Summit.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

Lol, I was unfriended by a friend of my ex wife (Penn Alum), for making a NAMBLA State comment on his post "honoring the legacy of one of the greatest coaches to ever live." And stating that Joe Pa has no place being regarded shoulder-to-shoulder with someone like Pat Summit.

Agreed. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

mod edit

This alone is probably enough to merit not only a ban from the community, but probably needs to be addressed by your local police department.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• 1 month later...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

Is it good news, though?  I don't know that McQueary's any better than Paterno.  He, like Paterno, is just one of many people who had a sense that this was going on and went to work every day aware of it.  I tend to agree with the opposition that once the story came out, his name was mud, particularly in media and social media.  I suppose PSU liked the idea of him being branded "the guy that actually witnessed it" and shifting the blame, but I have a hard time seeing him get rich for this.

POTD (Shared)

8 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

Is it good news, though?  I don't know that McQueary's any better than Paterno.  He, like Paterno, is just one of many people who had a sense that this was going on and went to work every day aware of it.  I tend to agree with the opposition that once the story came out, his name was mud, particularly in media and social media.  I suppose PSU liked the idea of him being branded "the guy that actually witnessed it" and shifting the blame, but I have a hard time seeing him get rich for this.

The going salary for a P5 coordinator-level coach is over a million at this point.  Considering how no school will ever hire him again, the ruling probably works out.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Every time this topic gets bumped to the first page, I think "Oh, great, what idiot is making excuses for Patrno now?"   Glad to see some good news instead. 

Well there was James Franklin's ill phrased comments from last Saturday.

“The former players, the lettermen, this town has been through a lot. So, this is the start of our healing process tonight. I couldn’t be prouder.”

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/ncaa-football/news/penn-state-upsets-ohio-state-box-score-stats-james-franklin-signature-win-urban-meyer-jt-barrett/y3kbmwo6klf91k0pwmfnolup0

Yeah . . . Because winning football games really helped the first time. To be fair, Franklin needed a big win, so he'll be feeling less pressure now that he has one. But lumping that in to the conversation of what occurred as a unifying event is definitely a hollow action.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 10/28/2016 at 11:49 AM, dfwabel said:

Winning is not the healing Happy Valley needs.

Having the humility and moral fiber to realize how disgusting their tribute to JoePa against Temple was would serve them better.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

On 11/3/2016 at 2:44 PM, MJWalker45 said:

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/11/3/13511650/penn-state-fine-education-department-sandusky-scandal

This came out today. Guess they picked a good time to do it since everyone else is paying attention to Chicago instead.

Sandusky really is just a small part of the fine. Still, had it not been for that debacle, they might not have ever wound up under the microscope. They'll probably settle for somewhere between 5 to 7 hundred thousand. Maybe as high as a cool million, but I'd be a little surprised if it was that much.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Same here. It's pretty sad that both Penn State and Baylor, and probably several more high profile schools, refuse to show actual statistics for what happens on campus because they know it would have a negative affect on retention and recruiting of students. We really need to start holding all schools accountable for reporting truthfully about what is happening on campus. I went to small Christian school in Ohio and I know that there were incidents on campus that probably didn't make much press outside of the immediate community. One in particular involved a guy breaking his 2 year old daughter's arm. Since the incident didn't happen on campus, the school wasn't required to report it even though the student was expelled. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the Wisconsin Linebacker who broke Paterno's leg in 2006...

http://saturdaytradition.com/penn-state-football/levy-proud-breaking-joepas-leg/

POTD (Shared)

6 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

Here's the Wisconsin Linebacker who broke Paterno's leg in 2006...

http://saturdaytradition.com/penn-state-football/levy-proud-breaking-joepas-leg/

As a Detroit Lions fan, I already really liked DeAndre Levy. As a Detroit Lions fan who lives in Pennsylvania, with friends (well one, mostly) that STILL defend Joe Paterno, I absolutely love DeAndre Levy. I'm anxiously awaiting my friend's cranial explosion over this on Facebook, so long as it's not on my wall (I don't want all those damn notifications).

Archived