Say it ain't so, Joe

Viper

EFFECT:  “The board has tried to cast us as a kook fringe. . . . We’re not a bunch of kooks. We’re not Joebots. We just see it for what it is,” said Christian Marrone, a 1997 alum who has served as a senior presidential appointee in both the Bush and Obama administrations. “It’s a complex, complicated, emotional situation . . . and it’s not going to go away anytime soon.”

CAUSE:  “The vast majority of our alumni are overwhelmingly supportive,” board chairman Mark Dambly wrote.

Every time alumni vote, however, they elect trustees who vow to renounce Freeh’s report and reconcile with the Paternos.

In 2014, Corbett became the first incumbent Pennsylvania governor in 40 years to lose a bid for reelection. In a phone interview, Corbett said he believes the Sandusky case played a role.  “The Second Mile had no influence on that investigation whatsoever, and there’s no evidence that they did,” Corbett said. “But they [Penn State alumni] won’t accept that, will they?”  About a year ago, Corbett said, a man in a Penn State jacket approached him in a supermarket and said, “You’re Tom Corbett, aren’t you? . . . We got even with you.”

Blehar plans to write a book about the Sandusky case but expects he’s years away from finishing his work.

Asked when alumni will move past the case, Blehar answered, without hesi­ta­tion, “When we’re all dead.  Either that or when the truth comes out,” he said. “Whichever happens first.”

Anyone wearing a Penn State jacket, let alone being some "mah sportz" jagoff, should be raped to death by a screaming horde of goblins.

In early September, Franco Harris — the former Penn State and Pittsburgh Steelers star and outspoken Paterno loyalist — returned to State College, to attend a game against Pitt. As he lumbered across campus, Harris couldn’t manage five steps without getting stopped by an alum wanting a picture.

“Thanks for sticking up for Joe,” one alum from the 1960s told Harris.

Students, meanwhile, walked by, unaware of the NFL legend in their midst.

Add Franco Harris to the list of those whom society would be best served observing his person enduring a Bone Tomahawking from the taint down.  At least the current students had the right idea to ignore his stupid, hobbling ass.

-------

Everything about this is hot, smoldering trash.  :censored: your football, :censored: your tradition, and :censored: your creepy alumni, young and old alike.  These pieces of crap are no better than Roy Moore apologists or neo-nazi Confederate Flag defenders.  Get your priorities straight.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to think Penn State football should have been shut down for the 2012 season. Now I see the error of my ways and think Penn State football should have been shut down forever.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

They should restore Paterno's statue, but in the background put several sculptures of weeping children, their hair wet from the showers in the PSU facilities, their clothes torn, their arms wrapped around themselves in hopeless fear.  As Paterno's statue strides forward toward Football Glory, in his wake are ruined lives and forgotten innocence. 

That would avert a selfie or three. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

13 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

what exactly is the role of a "Trustee"?

University/College trustees (aka regents, visitors, or directors) are in charge of setting the school's policies and budget first and foremost. They are also the people who award professors tenure, evaluate the president/chancellor and approve major projects and contacts over a certain dollar amount.

9 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

University/College trustees (aka regents, visitors, or directions) are in charge of setting the school's policies and budget first and foremost. They are also the people who award professors tenure, evaluate the president/chancellor and approve major projects and contacts over a certain dollar amount.

seems like a lot of these positions are filled by donors, friends of alumni, Jay godsdam Paterno, and not necessarily people with the experience and background needed to be making those decisions.  Not just at Penn State, but that's my impression of most big schools.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

13 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

seems like a lot of these positions are filled by donors, friends of alumni, Jay godsdam Paterno, and not necessarily people with the experience and background needed to be making those decisions.  Not just at Penn State, but that's my impression of most big schools.

Well with state schools, they are elected during general November election

As the role is a fiduciary one, there are legal obligations which must be adhered to.

Two things you may want to read.

https://www.agb.org/trusteeship/2013/3/fiduciary-behavior-whats-responsible-trustee-do-and-not-do

This one opens a PDF: https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.goacta.org/images/download/governance_for_a_new_era.pdf&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwi_nPXYl67YAhULj1QKHTDPDPUQFjAKegQIDBAA&usg=AOvVaw2ODPtcHIcfODGF6OObDaXw

It's really gross when announcers say "Sandusky controversy" and then brush over it. College football is disgusting.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Everyone in the crowd at the Fiesta Bowl wearing white should have been given a sign that says "I'm okay with raping kids for football."

This game is making me nauseous.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived