CFL 2012

Nook

Now that the CFL regular season is done, every week two new teams are finishing up their last games in their current uniforms. The Argos and Riders have already their last games in their current sets.

Just so those who don't know, know... Reebok is doing another total re-design of the CFL uniforms for the 2012 season.

What are some things you're looking for in the new sets?

Me, I'm hoping for more variety. The Riders/Argos/Bombers/Esks/Renegades all had the same jersey design last time, just with different colours. The Tiger Cats/Stamps/Lions also had a similar design with different colours. The Alouettes basically kept their jersey and were the only team to do so. It would be nice for them to actually spend time with each organization and pick something unique instead of choosing a cookie cutter jersey for everyone.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to see the Ti-Cats with tiger stripes up the sides of the pants and jerseys that will match no matter the pant/jersey combination, the Argos in double-blue (the only team that should ever rock those colours), the Lions continuing to focus on their orange, and the Alouettes picking between white and silver.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I never heard about any of this, until now...

Anyway, I hope Saskatchewan gets a new logo. That S inside a rectangle needed an upgrade for the longest time, so hopefully that one will get changed.

I'd also like to see the Argos go with a fauxback football/boat logo in their scheme.

I'll wager that the Bombers are going retro based on mockups of the new stadium as well as starting to favour the blue and gold retro threads.

Retro logos, but more modern colors I'd wager. The 70s-early 80s bomber pants were a pretty sickly shade of yellow for the longest time, there's no way they'd go back there.

bill_frank.jpg

THAT BEING SAID I can also see the Bombers and Jets trying to align themselves in some way (both technically named after military planes, etc), and possibly sharing that shade of navy blue, similar to how the Seattle Seahawks and Sounders use familiar color palettes.

I can't see anything major happening to the Rider logo, unless they go full retro. I'll also say that they need to lose the black in all regards and focus on being The Green Team.

I love the Als' look, except for that cartoon logo. Bring in a modernized triangle logo and I'll be all over it.

Don't care enough about any of the other teams to offer an opinion, except maybe to suggest that the Lions get rid of the Times New Roman looking BC on their logo.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I'm crossing fingers that the Riders go full-on throwback. That uniform is one of my favorite in all of sports. Maybe modernize the circle logo a bit, but a return to that set would be great.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Lions - I'd like to see a bit more black in the uniforms, and a logo tweak. White helmet is fine.

Eskimos - A font change, I hate the 3D numbers, Something like this for the font would work, No sweeping changes though.

Stampeders - Definitely the worst jersey to come out of the last Reebok overhaul. Font is terrible, and I know Black has been a major part of the Stamps since the 90's, but a return to some silver would be really nice.

Roughriders - Three straight years they have changed their helmets. I think a change to this is must, they seem to be wearing them a lot more lately.

Blue Bombers - Retro look, but with a modern twist. I think we've seen the last of Navy for the Bombers, but hard to say. Wouldn't surprise me if they wear their throwbacks for the East Final and possibly the Grey Cup.

Tiger Cats - Personally I think the Ti-Cats have one of the better looks in the CFL, and really no change is needed. Maybe bring back that sick Labour Day Helmet from a few years back.

Argonauts - Font change would do, don't like the Bears rehash. Also maybe a new logo, the shield A is nice, but I bet a return to the Boatman would make a lot of people happy.

Alouettes - Basically went unchanged after 2005 outside of a few tweaks. More red would be nice.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Blue Bombers - Retro look, but with a modern twist. I think we've seen the last of Navy for the Bombers, but hard to say. Wouldn't surprise me if they wear their throwbacks for the East Final and possibly the Grey Cup.

Lets get past Montreal/Hamilton first, shall we?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Lets get past Montreal/Hamilton first, shall we?

Just implying that there is a possibility. I know there is a game that has to be played before that.

Tiger Cats - Personally I think the Ti-Cats have one of the better looks in the CFL, and really no change is needed. Maybe bring back that sick Labour Day Helmet from a few years back.

You are a cruel, cruel man...

It was well done logo, I just thought it looked good. Maybe a one time thing is all that was needed.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I was going to pick up a Lions jersey soon, but I guess I may as well wait. I think best case scenario is they move the numbers to the top of the shoulder to match all the other teams, remove the piping, and maybe add some black stripes to the sleeve.

I'm crossing fingers that the Riders go full-on throwback. That uniform is one of my favorite in all of sports. Maybe modernize the circle logo a bit, but a return to that set would be great.

Although I hate the Riders, I agree. There is no need for black in their uniforms.

On the flip side, I hope the Lions add more black to their orange jersey's. Something like either one of these.

2009-03-26_162822_BC_Lions.jpg2010-TEAM-RETRO-AUG-273832.jpg

I, for one have little faith in Reebok's re-designs so I'm not looking forward to this (if it's true).

But if I had to point out what is IMHO the worst design in the league it would have to be Montreal. Such a cut and paste nightmare... and to think they have such great uniforms in their past, such as these beauties:

Pringle.Mike8.jpg

...as well as their gorgeous 60's and 70's throwbacks.

Patrick2757.jpg

montreal_alouettes_2010_grey_cup_champions.jpg

montreal_alouettes_2010_grey_cup_champions.jpg

I'd really like the Als to go with this full time.

I would keep the white pants and drop the silver pants that they currently have. At least when Reebok did the first league-wide change, Montreal was the only team to basically screw Reebok and not use a template that other teams used. I hope all 8 teams will do the same and have different templates.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Archived