CFL 2012

Nook

This may not mean anything but anyway... I saw a new SaskTel phone ad that I thought might give an indication of what their jersey will be. These ads use an animated "Red Riding Hood" theme and in this new ad, the Wolf is shown wearing a green & white (no black or silver) throwback uni. He jumps into a real-life scene of the Mosaic stadium bleachers filled with fans, and every one shown seems to have a throwback on... and NO current jersies. In past SaskTel ads, the characters have always worn the current jersey and never the throwback...

Again, it probably means nothing but it seemed odd to me to suddenly focus on the throwback when they never have before (that I've seen).

Just to add to my speculation a little bit... I checked out a Rider store in Saskatoon, and while all the "current" (with black and silver) jersies are marked down quite a bit for quick sale, the throwbacks are still full price. So, I figure they'll either be made the primary uniforms or (my guess) they'll stick with the same throwbacks and change something in their regular look.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Ti-cats season ticket holders received this email (in part)...

The Warehouse Sale will also be an exclusive opportunity for Season Seat Holders to pre-order their 2012 redesigned Hamilton Tiger-Cats jerseys. Season Seat Holders will get their 10% discount and a free Tiger-Cats hat with the pre-order of their new replica jersey. (Jerseys will be available for pick up on Tuesday, May 1 OR at the Season Seat Holder Ticket Pick Up Party on Saturday, May 12.)

So I guess that it will be May 1st or April 30th for the release of the new uni's....

tigercatssignature-1.png

Ti-cats season ticket holders received this email (in part)...

The Warehouse Sale will also be an exclusive opportunity for Season Seat Holders to pre-order their 2012 redesigned Hamilton Tiger-Cats jerseys. Season Seat Holders will get their 10% discount and a free Tiger-Cats hat with the pre-order of their new replica jersey. (Jerseys will be available for pick up on Tuesday, May 1 OR at the Season Seat Holder Ticket Pick Up Party on Saturday, May 12.)

So I guess that it will be May 1st or April 30th for the release of the new uni's....

Thanks for info

Someone who went to the Ticats' sale posted this on the team's fan forum:

Went to the sale, and the employees at the store said that the jerseys will be unveiled on May 1st. There were no pictures, but one of the girls who works at the store told me and some friends that if you like the look of the 1970s retro jerseys you will like the new ones.

Went to the sale, and the employees at the store said that the jerseys will be unveiled on May 1st. There were no pictures, but one of the girls who works at the store told me and some friends that if you like the look of the 1970s retro jerseys you will like the new ones.

Corroborates what the equipment manager said in my video.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Yay stripes! :boogie:

tigercatssignature-1.png

Hopefully not this intense.

bethea_willie.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Hopefully not this intense.

bethea_willie.jpg

I actually like that look, but since all uniforms have short sleeves now, it will look more like how the uniforms looked in the '80s (which I'm all for.)

As long as they don't have yellow 'away' uniforms. I've always hated the uniforms from the 1950s, especially the 1950-56 set...

Come to think of it, I believe they introduced that look in '64, if I'm not mistaken. At that point they just went through 3 other looks in 8 years, then kept essentially that look (with some minor alterations) for basically the next 30 years. Testament to it's classic appearance...

tigercatssignature-1.png

Bombers announced on Twitter that their new jersey will be released sometime in May. You can also design one just for the hell of it and you can win the actual new one.

Found this on their Facebook page. Entry Form

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

crop_17908830502.jpg

Love that design. It's a really neat modern touch to the stadium.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Yesterday the Esks released their marketing slogan Unleash It, and unveiled their new seats to replace Commonwealth's.

Also a mention of new home/away jerseys to be revealed later in May.

http://esks.com/article/esks-unleash-2012-plans-and-unveil-new-look-for-stadium

crop_17908830502.jpg

I'm not sure how i feel about the splash of yellow yet.

Neat idea, but it looks like those Reebok hats from a while back.

saints-0281.jpg

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Archived