CFL 2012

Nook

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.facebook.com/ReebokFootball

They've posted a "Making Of" the earlier teaser ad, plus a photo of a Winnipeg Blue Bombers uniform circa 1992 with the caption "One thing to say ?"

That is a great looking uniform. They've had a lot of crappy uniforms over the years, but those ones were near perfect...

tigercatssignature-1.png

Β 

Β 

Β 

I saw an argos ad that mentioned the unveiling and at the bottom it said "earning our stripes"... which at first seems weird, since their rival is the Tiger-Cats, but then I figured it was a subtle hint at the uniform. Sounds like the Argos are gonna have stripes.

(Edit: Added image)

securedownloadj.png

Their even takes place on May 1st as well.

The Riders finally acknowledged the 2012 re-design on their page today, but didn't mention any plans for unveiling. I have a feeling that Saskatchewan's changes will be pretty substantial, being that they sell they most merchandise in the league (by far) and they're going to want people to buy their new look. I have heard that they're going with the same number font that they had this season though.

The Riders finally acknowledged the 2012 re-design on their page today, but didn't mention any plans for unveiling. I have a feeling that Saskatchewan's changes will be pretty substantial, being that they sell they most merchandise in the league (by far) and they're going to want people to buy their new look. I have heard that they're going with the same number font that they had this season though.

NEW RIDERS HELMET LEAK!!!

Saskatchewan-Roughriders.jpg

:P

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12,Β POTD 2/26/17

Β 

NEW RIDERS HELMET LEAK!!!

Saskatchewan-Roughriders.jpg

I like the new helmet design! Throwback style, back to the days when melons got squashed on the gridiron, and no facemask. I like the way the lighter green shimmers in the prairie sunlight, and contrasts with the darker green...niiiice! :P

:P

I can haz sig?

I'm willing to bet most if not all of the teams will be doing that.

I also noticed that the initial release from Reebok told us that "design elements are unique to each team." No identical templates. No more Bomber and Rider jerseys sharing major design elements. This is a good thing.

If the Bombers ARE going back to their 90s style jerseys, or an updated version there of, this is a Very Good Thing. Some of the best jerseys they've ever worn.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

securedownloadj.png

Looks like the Argos are adding the shield logo to the back of the jersey right above the nameplate similar to the Vikings and the Cardinals

That's surprising, considering that manufacturers in the CFL have used that bit of real estate for their own logos, all the way back to the Starter days.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Last time the CFL re-modeled their jerseys, Montreal refused to go along. I wonder if they will stand pat again?

They didn't go along last time and they shouldn't this time either. They have a great set.

Everything I have seen from the Argos so far in these build up promos has em in the throwbacks.. So I'm guessing the new jersey is more old Skool themed??

As for the logo above the nameplate.. I like this touch, but do we even know what Argo logo won the comp when they ran it last year?? It might not even be the shield they go with??

Last time the CFL re-modeled their jerseys, Montreal refused to go along. I wonder if they will stand pat again?

They didn't go along last time and they shouldn't this time either. They have a great set.

The Als should go back to their late 70's/early 80's AM logo and get rid of that animated bird. Otherwise, use a bird that has more of an Arizona Cardinals look.

The Als should go back to their late 70's/early 80's AM logo and get rid of that animated bird. Otherwise, use a bird that has more of an Arizona Cardinals look.

Yeah, I absolutely hate the Al's current logo. They could definitely switch things up in their uniform as well. They have the potential to be one of the classiest in the CFL.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

Yeah, I absolutely hate the Al's current logo. They could definitely switch things up in their uniform as well. They have the potential to be one of the classiest in the CFL.

White helmets. PLEASE

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

Β 

Really? I think theirs are the worst in the league.

I'm not a Bombers fan--but they have had the best uni in the CFL most seasons--not crazy about the gold alt--or the blue helmets they had a number of years back, but their pre RBK update unis were among the best ever in the CFL.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

True, but I'd do something about the white sides on the jerseys, and maybe change the tapered striping. Other than that, their set kicks ass!

The Alouettes only real problem is their helmets. Silver just doesn't work.

als-vs-argos09.jpg4156805262_08230583b1_o.jpg

Sure it gives two teams the same colour helmet (BC uses white too), but that's as simple as switching BC to orange lids (which looks great)

BC-orange

Calgary-red

Edmonton-yellow

Hamilton-black

Montreal-white

Saskatchewan-green

Toronto-blue

Winnipeg-gold

Β 

Rather persisting rumours on local fan boards of new unis for the Als, and that now is the time to get 2000-2010 unis left in shops.

Have no idea what its worth but gonna be fun to see what's happening.

My bet: something close to late 70's with a modern touch and maybe something else then the current bird, maybe a sort of shield Γ  la Ravens with accent on Montreal? White helmets (they had white helmets in the past)? Only 2 weeks left!

Archived