CFL 2012

Nook

Hopefully the Lions don't change anything. Their current set is a great uniform and their logo of course is classic.

I dont care for the all white helmet, I wish they would put the stripes back on (orange with black outlines)like they had in the mid 80's...

I think they need more black. Then again I grew up with them wearing black jersey's, someone who grew up in the 80's would probably prefer more orange.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those are exactly what the Argos currently wear (minus the alternates).

Not quite. Thankfully they went back to contrasting pants and jerseys for most games this year, although they did go white and white a couple of times on the road. Don't think they ever went blue pants/blue jerseys, at least.

The Argos' current set is OK but there is not enough light blue on either the home or the road uni. They are the Double Blue and should emphasize both shades of blue, not heavy with the dark blue and almost no light blue.

• 2 weeks later...

toronto-argonauts-primary-logo-3-primary.jpg

This is one of my favorite logo that the Argos need to go back to...

The image wasn't showing up so I fixed your post.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Remember that thread where I said the Grey Cup logos never disappoint?

welp.

I don't know, I'm personally tired of how similar all the Grey Cup logos look.

I'm ready for a change.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

The Riders have their personalized jerseys on sale, but I'm not sure if that's to clear stock or just a holiday promotion.

I doubt the Riders will put their old designs on sale, as fans will probably buy the "retro 2011" jerseys like hotcakes in this province.

I've heard that the Riders will be keeping the retro alternate that they have and going with new home/away jerseys... So that means that the alternate will stay as that.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from the Tiger-Cats locker room sale. I got to talk to the equipment manager, and he gave me details about the Ti-Cats 2012 jerseys and 2013 alternate. Just have to upload the footage.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Just got back from the Tiger-Cats locker room sale. I got to talk to the equipment manager, and he gave me details about the Ti-Cats 2012 jerseys and 2013 alternate. Just have to upload the footage.

...but I want it nownownownownownow!!!!!!!

Okay, I'm not really that impatient, but I'm looking forward to it.... (dance)

tigercatssignature-1.png

I tweeted about this last week, but the Argonauts are changing their Light Blue to a PANTONE Goe color - only the second professional franchise to do so. The first being the Packers' throwbacks (both the Brown helmet and the Light Brown pants use Goe colors).

When it looks like the Argos' changes have been unveiled, I'll post the differences in the previous color vs. the new one.

Hint: 2013 alt=Black numbers on a black jersey. "A style similar to the University of Oregon"

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Hint: 2013 alt=Black numbers on a black jersey. "A style similar to the University of Oregon"

Boooo! I can't stand that style, looks very cheap/bush league.

Boooo! I can't stand that style, looks very cheap/bush league.

Perfect for the Ti-Cats! :P

6fQjS3M.png

Archived