Fox's MLB 2.0

Fox

Great job on the Phils, as a fan I've wanted them to switch back to bergundy and powder/baby blue for a long time. It's just such a different color scheme, and looks great too. Like others have said the underline is a bit unessesary...but other than that I'd love to see them on opening day this year.

Also really like the Angels set

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time to bring this series back to light. Just giving it a bump before I start putting out my updates. So far I have the Orioles and Mets updates complete.

First off, in response to a lot of C&C I got on the Phillies, I included the underline for the reason that I simply think it looks better. I really like the underline, and I think the current unis look naked without it.

There was also a question about my template. Here is the template that I use. The regular version and the pinstriped version. It is a modified version of one from the Paint User's Paradise thread. Here it is:

BaseballTemplateSubmit.png

Feel free to use it.

Another thing that I wanted to bring back to life is the color schemes. While the most up-to-date set of color schemes is always sitting in the first post, I wanted to get some more feedback on it. If you want to see a color scheme changed, speak now. Up to date schemes:

FoxColorGame-6.png

To take note of, teams that have changed color schemes since the start:

-Cardinals

-Twins

-Cubs

-Nationals

-Rays

-Diamondbacks

Also, another thing that I wanted to post was how I'm going to slightly change the way that I do things in this thread. A long overdue change, but I've enlarged the template that I use. Even teams where changes didn't seem necessary will be getting an update because they will be moved onto the big template. When I post concepts starting with these updates, and through the end of the series, I will give a "Concept Progression" which is a timeline of all of the attempts I've had on this one team, dating back to my first MLB series. If you don't understand what I'm saying, you will. Also, another long overdue change, I'm going to post a large version of every team's primary logo, patch logo, and cap logo in that specific order.

Well this was not only a house-keeping post but a post to bring light back to this series. If you have any comments on any of my concepts, it would be appreciated so I can get an idea of what to do in my updates. I'll start posting updates soon.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Time for this series to resume. While I was originally planning to do updates in the same order that I did the first time through, the Blue Jays update is frustrating me, so I'm going to start by posting the O's.

Here are the major changes from my last attempt (which looking back on, was really bad):

-New cartoon bird logo

-New shades of orange and brown

-Got rid of placket piping. Made it too busy

-Used the O's logo as a sleeve patch for all jerseys. Looks bad as a color logo but nice on the sleeves IMO

-Used new Baltimore script

-Got rid of all white on the brown alternate, and reverted to single piping, single layer script and numbers, etc.

FoxMLB2OriolesUpdateSubmit.png

The logos on the top, from left to right are: primary logo, patch logo, cap logo

No, these changes weren't earth shattering, but I think it's my best O's concept yet. C&C please!

The new shade of orange is much better and the lack of double placket piping really cleans it up. However, having "O's" as a sleeve patch doesn't work, especially with the "Orioles" script. Also, I think that the brown alt would look amazing with orange placket piping.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I was skeptical with the orange/brown for the Orioles, but it has grown on me. I understand the history and usage of the tri-toned cap, but I don't like it because there is little to no brown on the home and home alt. I love following this series and I'll keep reading and commenting if it means it stays alive.

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

Also, I think that the brown alt would look amazing with orange placket piping.

I agree with this. Something about the brown jersey with the gray pants and plain brown socks doesn't feel right. I'd try BigBubba's suggestion, see how it looks.

tacobell.jpg

Yes, I root for teams all over the place. And I apparently favor birds.

I like the color scheme, the brown and orange work very well. I can see the similarities to the 2012 Orioles look, but there are a few things that you did which I like better. For instance, I like the white script on the orange alternate. It goes much better with the white-paneled cap than the black script. The only thing I don't like is the patch. I'm just not a fan of insignias serving as sleeve patches. I guess there's no other options, so I'd says that it's perfect right now. Great update. Looking forward to more of this series.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Thanks for the feedback on the O's. I'm starting to get an idea together of what I want to do for my next update.

While I have the Mets ready and I should post that concept soon, I need some help from you guys. I got this great idea for the Rangers for a primary logo of putting an R in the state of Texas outline. It seemed like such a great idea, but when I tried it out... I don't know. There's just something about it that doesn't look right.

Here is what I have so far:

TexLogoattemptsubmit.png

I'd love to get some suggestions as to what to do about it, as I intend for it to be the primary and go on the sleeves in my Rangers concept.

The black filling out the negative space in the "R" would look much better if it had white space in between. Also, work on the striping consistencies: on Texas, the black outline is slightly thicker than the white, on the "R" it's much thicker, and on the star, it's much thinner. I'm assuming you put the star where Arlington is; if you didn't do that intentionally, then maybe fix the location and make it the main focus with the "R" to the side, in the sense of (but not exactly) like this (switch the positions?):

7se8vupnwfs8hg109drix3ebw.gif

I've got a pretty good idea as to what to do for the Rangers logo. As promised, here are the Mets.

Really, nothing radical for the Mets. They're a team that hasn't changed much over time, as you can see in the concept progression (above). One of the only teams where I would have three alternates for. Putting a further emphasis on color alternates and dropping the pinstripes could help further distance them from their cross-town rivals.

Biggest change for this time has to be the cap logo. I went with a white outline around it. While the Mets single-layer cap logo is classic, putting a white outline around it makes it flow a lot better with the scripts and the rest of the set. I went with an orange brim for the two Mets home alternates, and the full blue hat for the home, road, and road alt.

Oh, I also used a sharper shade of orange than I used before. (This is the current Mets shade.)

FoxMLB2MetsUpdateSubmit.png

Since there are no radical changes to this set, I wouldn't be crushed if I didn't get a lot of comments, but still, I'd love some C&C.

Marlins are due up next, I'll try to get them out soon.

Having 2 blue jerseys is redundant IMO, but overall nice set. The one annoying thing is that one blue alt has an orange brim but the other blue jersey used a solid blue cap.

Having 2 blue jerseys is redundant IMO, but overall nice set. The one annoying thing is that one blue alt has an orange brim but the other blue jersey used a solid blue cap.

I really only chose to have one with an orange brim and the other with a solid cap to make the two different and justify keeping both.

Basically, I think that the home alt with Mets across the front is the better looking blue alternate, but it would be odd to have two alternate options at home and none on the road.

Now, here comes my proudest concept yet, the Miami Marlins!

This version finally has a true logo to go with it. Far left is the primary, middle is the patch logo, and the right is the cap logo. Went with a teal hat with a black brim at home, and the opposite on the road. Tried a black alternate this time. I thought it would work if I included enough teal on it. Also, I switched the color of the numbers, because on the primaries, a teal outline on black looked odd.

FOXMLB2MarlinsUpdateSubmit.png

I would love to get a lot feedback on this one. This probably took me longer than any other concept so far. C&C Please!

mets look awsome! i feel like they shouldnt have a road alt, i just think the grey uni looks perfect as is for the road. Im also not too sure about the orange jersey, it looks too different from the rest. if i had to choose i would drop the orange alt ( or make it a bp uni again) and keep both blue alts and make the hat brim orange. i also love the white outline on the hat logo! makes the NY pop and stand out alot more. I would love to see the mets go to something like this!

Mets, Jets, Islanders

The Marlins look great and the logo is great, but there are a few nitpicks I have. Those random strands by the marlin's "chin" -what are they? Real marlins don't have them, and the logo would look much better without them. Another think is that the sleeve patch needs some white to contrast the black and blue. For the cap logo, it looks like the marlin is timidly coming out from the side. Move him up a bit so that he covers the top left point of the "M" so it's as if he's jumping up and over. It would also help out the balance of the logo; right now it's too left-heavy. it's a lot better than your previous rendition and 1 000X better than your first concept.

Archived