Northwestern Stadium

TimEOBrien

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This looks very cool. I like the fact that you made this version asymmetrical to take advantage of the lake and skyline views.

That said, I would still like to see if you can reincorporate the towers in some fashion. What I think might work would be to include them in the NW and SW corners as an extension of the existing pressbox/suite tower. For example, the existing seats (or at least most of them) would remain in place in the NW corner, with the tower extending behind them, while the SW tower would be exposed and more prominent.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

This looks very cool. I like the fact that you made this version asymmetrical to take advantage of the lake and skyline views.

That said, I would still like to see if you can reincorporate the towers in some fashion. What I think might work would be to include them in the NW and SW corners as an extension of the existing pressbox/suite tower. For example, the existing seats (or at least most of them) would remain in place in the NW corner, with the tower extending behind them, while the SW tower would be exposed and more prominent.

This is a great idea.

I love stadium concepts on these boards and whenever one is brought up, I'm sure to take a peek. Unfortunate that I have missed this one in the past.

Anyway, I like the concept. Having the stadium on the water in the original pictures is a really good idea, even if I had to shift through arguments on whether or not that's logically due to past football records (which probably shouldn't even be included in this thread anyway, but that's neither here nor there). I'm hoping to eventually see some fine detail, too, if you have the skills/motivation to do that. The basics are there and they're great, but hopefully you can fine tune this more in the future. Keep it coming!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Here it is. Updated some of the landscaping, added some small touches. Let me know if you want to see any other additions.

Picture9-5.png

That looks so great. Like, exactly what I was thinking. I got a Soldier Field concept in the works too, but I think I'll start a new thread for that.

Wow that would be an awesome idea, the view from that press box would be priceless. Hope that happens someday, as for the lacrosse and soccer, im sure they could find room and use the old Ryan Field to

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

Tim,

I love the aesthetics of the stadium and the fact you put so much thought into it... but it wouldn't work.

For one, the wind would indeed be a factor. Chicago is very windy to begin with. Putting a stadium right on the lake and hosting games there in late November would be putting everybody through hell. Everybody sitting on the upper tier of the west side would get wind blowing in their face the whole game. It'd be torture.

The traffic would also be a nightmare. Sheridan is really the only main street around there and it's tied up on weekends already. Add the 30,000 or so NU gets and it would be a nightmare. The L and Metra aren't close enough to make it better, and that part of campus lacks parking anyway.

Archived