• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 CityOfWalrus

CityOfWalrus
  • Spartan Football!

• Members
  • 4,729 posts

Posted November 17, 2011 - 21:13

I know we have a bunch of musicians on here as figure that we need a centralized thread for all our members here to post their own bands or solo artists that want to display their stuff.

Here's my band : The Ghost Town Cure
Link: http://www.reverbnat...heghosttowncure
Note: the recordings are still rough as they were recorded with just 2 wall room mics. However for potential sounds those are some of our first tracks. Once we get into the studio in the next few months well have some much cleaner/polished tracks.

Thanks and look forward to hearing what CCSLC has in more "local" acts!

966b5c58-ba24-4513-87f3-112c405a0e45_zps

#7 Hawai'i Tech Spartans (NCFA-F) - 5-5-0 (1-3-0)

4 NCFA National Championships, 7 Straight NC appearances, and 88 Wins

#2 CS85

CS85
  • exit through the car dealership

• Members
  • 12,922 posts

Posted November 18, 2011 - 04:55

We used to have one a long while ago for a "musicians" thread, but it faded away and is now lost to the search function. I couldn't find it. *shrug*

Your band's recordings sound damn good for just a 2 mic setup. I'm not really a fan of that kind of vocal style, but as far as quality goes you've got a good foundation. Keep it up!

I was in a band for a couple years before we drifted apart, kind of a pop-punk deal. "FireSky Future" was our name (so badass, I know). After that I did a compilation of b-sides/originals that were more based on loops called "Singing Through a Robot" (= autotune, sorry). This year I have been working on a new endeavor called "Elevator" and am almost done with an album called Second Effort/Third Shift that chronicles my divorce and is mostly piano-based.

I stress if you can't handle a little autotune or are a musical elitist these may not be for you. If you have nothing nice to say, etc. These are things I do for my own amusement. Click on the album art to listen.

FireSky Future - Local Tragedy
Posted Image

Singing Through a Robot - Et Cetera
Posted Image

Elevator - Second Effort/Third Shift (in progress)
Posted Image

BBoGyVR.jpg

twitter

#3 TalktoChuck

TalktoChuck
  • Dig In!

• Members
  • 3,617 posts

Posted November 18, 2011 - 14:38

Posted Image

Elevator is pretty good, an Owl City kind of vibe. The cover art for Elevators is amazing though, did you do that?

gif_300x117_92692e_zps992a1e16.gif

#4 Funky Bunky

Funky Bunky
  • Suspended

• Banned
  • 3,025 posts

Posted November 18, 2011 - 14:46

Posted Image

Elevator is pretty good, an Owl City kind of vibe. The cover art for Elevators is amazing though, did you do that?

That's really nice cover art.

And CS85, were you on vocals for "FireSky Future"?

#5 CS85

CS85

• Members
  • 12,922 posts

Posted November 18, 2011 - 15:32

Posted Image

Yeah the "Owl City" comparison is one I get a lot, which is fine since it's definitely along the same vein (sans jesus). As for the cover art, I can't at all take credit. The image is called "Save.Our.Souls." by one of my fave digital artists AquaSixio, the original image can be seen here. I've been wanting to use his work in connection with my music for years, and being as that none of my work is ever intended for sale or reproduction I figured he wouldn't mind. I credit him in the notes for each song and link to his contact page (he didn't respond to my emails). The only thing I did was some light manipulation.

I did co-vocals and bass in the FireSky Future record, I sing lead on tracks 2, 3, and 7. My voice is kind of distinctive from the other vocalist, so you'll recognize it throughout the record. That recording process took over a year and was a lesson hard learned in how difficult it is to make a legit rock record.

BBoGyVR.jpg

twitter

#6 Lee.

Lee.
  • Personal sexual advisor to Mr. Jon Bon Jovi

• Moderators
  • 16,443 posts

Posted November 18, 2011 - 16:18

Rumo(u)r has it that Los Hombres Ejaculatos may be recording something in the new year, with several reasonably high-profile guests.
In America, sometimes all it takes is a great idea, some abandoned property, a boombox & some booze. Then it's on, you guys.
-Karl Welzein
Stuff: Twitter | Tumblr
Hockey: Twitter | Tumblr

#7 CityOfWalrus

CityOfWalrus
  • Spartan Football!

• Members
  • 4,729 posts

Posted November 18, 2011 - 18:14

Andy, thanks for listening! I listened to some of your tunes and I enjoyed them. FSF isn't my type of style of music but I can appreciate the hard work and I thought for your genre it was really good.

I enjoyed the 2nd & 3rd albums a lot. I didn't listen to the whole albums as it was late last night but I definitely liked what I heard so far, great stuff!

966b5c58-ba24-4513-87f3-112c405a0e45_zps

#7 Hawai'i Tech Spartans (NCFA-F) - 5-5-0 (1-3-0)

4 NCFA National Championships, 7 Straight NC appearances, and 88 Wins

#8 youcan'tseeme

youcan'tseeme
  • It's a bowling term I've applied to throat rips

• Members
  • 3,377 posts

Posted November 20, 2011 - 19:48

I used to be in a band called The Lucas Project (youtube lucas project the band), we broke up proabably a year ago now and I have since been doing the solo thing, recording with my rockband mic to the best of my ability, I've gotten rather decent at making the audio quality pretty good in my opinion atleast.

Here's my channel:

Youtube Channel

Here's a couple to get you into that holiday spirit, the latter is from a few days ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHs7APGE03c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hX-Yp1xq6Y&feature=channel_video_title
Posted Image

#9 Cola

Cola

• Members
  • 2,835 posts

Posted November 20, 2011 - 22:13

Posted Image

Yeah the "Owl City" comparison is one I get a lot, which is fine since it's definitely along the same vein (sans jesus).

It's more of a Angels & Airwaves meets Something Corporate meets Owl City.

Posted Image

Ouch.

#10 CS85

CS85

• Members
  • 12,922 posts

Posted December 2, 2011 - 14:30

It's more of a Angels & Airwaves meets Something Corporate meets Owl City.

That's actually a solid compliment, ha! Thanks :)

Well today I finally finished recording my ?album/ep? thing. It?s 7 songs that basically sum up the last year with all the :censored: I went through and it?s entirely free to listen to. If you don?t mind taking the time to check it out, I?d appreciate it. Not looking to make money or any of that crap, it was 7 songs of therapy. If you click on each song it tells a little story of what inspired it and stuff. Gracias. (also it?s not 100% mixed yet, but all the songs are officially done.)

http://elevatorengag...ort-third-shift

BBoGyVR.jpg

twitter