Thanksgiving NFL Uniforms

rmackman

In the past, both the Cowboys and Dolphins as well as the Packers and Lions have worn throwbacks on Thanksgiving (they both played in 2003). What do you think we can expect this time?

51659771d54da300b94717c022f70ee02a1b95a6.jpg?x=625&y=452&sig=c6d7e0139be2b6c2eab02cf9cc4ea1a0

2003_thanksgiving_Walker.jpg42_031202_detroitlions.jpg

2003_thanksgiving_Rivera.jpg

They have also worn their regular uniforms such as in 1993:

111122_Thanksgiving.jpg

This is just funny..."Don't worry Leon, some other bonehead screwed up in the Super Bowl!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2kcpTmheM4

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regardless of whatever nonsense you might have read on Wikipedia, the NFL scrapped the Thanksgiving Throwbacks program years ago. Five or six years ago?

Some teams have worn throwbacks from time to time, but not as part of an organized program. 2003 isn't any indication - you won't see the Packers this year in anything other than their regular road whites.

The end of that video is amazing. One question, why was it snowing in Dallas? Any insight on how it snowed in a dome stadium?

Hopefully both teams in each game throwback.

This sort of thing is why I wish the NFL was more lenient with this stuff. If each team had two versions of throwbacks, the games would look better. Last year, the Bucs wore creamsicles against the Falcons. Retro 1980s gear vs modern piping. If the NFL let Atlanta have a white version of their throwback like the MLB, everyone would be happy.

The end of that video is amazing. One question, why was it snowing in Dallas? Any insight on how it snowed in a dome stadium?

Texas Stadium was (accidentally) a European-style stadium in which all of the seats are covered but the field itself isn't. So I guess the DFW area had a freak snowstorm that year and that was the result.

Also, here's what I expect to see on Thursday:

SetWidth445-Packers-Lions-Football-JPEG-5.jpg

cowboys-dolphins-1.jpg

Maybe the Ravens bust out the black alts. Other than that, nothing special.

Texas Stadium was (accidentally) a European-style stadium in which all of the seats are covered but the field itself isn't. So I guess the DFW area had a freak snowstorm that year and that was the result.

Well yeah, so God can watch his team. I just looked up what it did look like and I didn't realize how big that hole was, damn.

In the past, both the Cowboys and Dolphins as well as the Packers and Lions have worn throwbacks on Thanksgiving (they both played in 2003). What do you think we can expect this time?

51659771d54da300b94717c022f70ee02a1b95a6.jpg?x=625&y=452&sig=c6d7e0139be2b6c2eab02cf9cc4ea1a0

They have also worn their regular uniforms such as in 1993:

111122_Thanksgiving.jpg

This is just funny..."Don't worry Leon, some other bonehead screwed up in the Super Bowl!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2kcpTmheM4

the packers need to adopt those full time in both green and white but keep the masks green.

cowboys-dolphins-1.jpg

So you're expecting those uniforms, you're expecting Aaron Rodgers and Matt Moore (since Chad Henne won't be playing) to have their faces planted into the turf, or both?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

cowboys-dolphins-1.jpg

Aren't both the Cowboys and the Lions wearing their throwbacks? They did last year.

20101125174126_2010-1125-rb-lions-patriots043.jpg

e43d471d289a6d15.jpg

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Last year there was the Lions vs. Patriots ( Blue vs. Red ) throwback game.

09000d5d81c67ba1_gallery_600.jpg

spacer.png

What I hope to see:

f7da9001-e4ad-437f-a88b-7f7680012cab.jpg9ae14a46-e32d-42e5-94ee-c0aa80d22c24.jpg

6de5acc3-077d-426f-bb1d-ebf83cc8365d.jpg705519a8-4925-4791-8fee-f80c62c2cc0e.jpg

spacer.png

the packers need to adopt those full time in both green and white but keep the masks green.

YES! Although I could live with grey masks. The Packers are one of the few instances where it'd make sense to use them.

But I'd be all for the Packers reintroducing the 1994 (1936) throwbacks for thanksgiving, only with matching pants and jerseys that use the Titans template (opposed to the one they used in 1994, which is closer to what the Cowboys use on their current throwbacks). I know they have to wait a few years to replace the "Powerball" jerseys, but I think it would be a fitting tribute to ol' Curly for the team to reintroduce the classic Lambeau-era look as a permanent alternate.

I'd have particularly loved to see these sets out of Detroit and San Francisco:

p-481022-dick-night-train-lane-autographed-hand-signed-hall-of-fame-4x6-card-hc-1ampcjfp0k.jpg

(Notable differences from 90's set - no white from jersey to socks. Silver against blue predominantly)

6643a_lg.jpeg

(Notice the drop-shadowed numbers and red-black-red pant stripe They wore a plain white helmet with this set, if I recall correctly).

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

They should bring back the mandatory throwback rule, gave us the ability to appreciate something else other than the game on christmas and see something we haven't seen in a while.

What about Thanksgiving? :)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

But I'd be all for the Packers reintroducing the 1994 (1936) throwbacks for thanksgiving, only with matching pants and jerseys that use the Titans template (opposed to the one they used in 1994, which is closer to what the Cowboys use on their current throwbacks). I know they have to wait a few years to replace the "Powerball" jerseys, but I think it would be a fitting tribute to ol' Curly for the team to reintroduce the classic Lambeau-era look as a permanent alternate.

1946, not 1936. '36 was green and gold.

What specifically were you thinking for pants? Plain gold would be historically accurate.

But I agree - Curly's classic would make an excellent alt.

Archived