Classic / Keep it / Tweek it / Lose it (NCAA edition)

29texan

In this thread, pick 4 (JUST 4) logos you think are a true classic, or if they should keep, tweek, or trash it. Examples at the bottom.

Classic: (a logo that stands the test of time)

Texas Longhorns

texas-longhorns-logo1.jpg

Keep it: (a logo that has potential to become a classic)

TCU Horned Frogs

a0b3b1ddca0b47f.jpg

Tweek it: (a logo that should have a change or two.... or more to pass)

UT-Arlington Mavericks

uta_mavericks_3.jpg

Lose it: (a complete trash logo that has to be thrown out...)

Texas Southern Tigers

TexasSouthernTigers.png

________________________________________________________________________________________

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

CLASSIC

2416.gif

No change will ever be required. Ever.

KEEP IT

2469.gif

It looks dated and there's so much that could be done, but it's too distinctive. It needs to remain as is.

TWEAK IT

2554k.gif

Somebody on this forum did a superb update to this logo, shows how a few refinements can go a long way.

LOSE IT

f59mntuxy6z31v0gapgueoy.gif

I honestly thought this was fake, but they use it still to this day. It looks just...just awful. The feathers look like somebody conjured them up in MS paint. The whole thing looks cheap. Complete overhaul needed.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Classic

kentucky-wildcats2.png

The awkward outlines and such totally ruin this logo for me. I would love to see an update interlocking UK logo for Kentucky.

This logo is loved by the fans of Kentucky, it is so much better than their previous logo by leaps and bounds. Here are some logos in their history:

logo-kentuckywildcats(b&w).gifkentucky-wildcats-primary-logo-primary.jpg

K Logo

spacer.png

Classic:

lrg_Wyoming_Cowboys.gif

One of the most underrated logos in collegiate sports. It epitomizes classic and iconic.

Keep it:

WashingtonStateCougars.png

Alot of people I know consider this outdated, but I've always liked it. I really enjoy clever logos like this one.

Tweak it:

f59mntuxy6z31v0gapgueoy.gif

The drum and feathers is beloved by many Utah fans, and should never leave. However, the feathers are quite sloppy. I would totally welcome a modernized, updated version.

Lose it:

Utah-State-logo.jpg

This has been dated for many years. I've never come around to liking it at all, and especially looks cheap on the football helmets. It's time for an overhaul for the Aggies (I wouldn't mind a switch to the simple block "A" - It's much more iconic to the USU community and it is used predominantly all over campus. Might as well.)

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Tweak It:

Usc_football_logo.gif

sc changed the helmet logo to a tommy trojan silhoutte to coincide with the school's centennial...it only lasted a year so I don't think you'll see any tweaks of the trojan ever again...in addition I'm torn on whether the cardinal or the gray masks look better...I also prefer the shinier material to the matte dri fit that they use today.

this is the best image I could find http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/1026/la_g_mcginest_cr_400.jpg

Classic

CMhurricanes.jpg

(Classic U. Never going away.)

Keep it

usf-logo-283x300.gif

(Awesome logo they need to use more.)

Tweak it

loyola-maryland-greyhounds-primary-logo-primary.jpg

(One of my favorite college logos. I think it could be improved on slightly, ever so slightly, it's really an awesome logo as is.)

Trash it

large_SetonHallLogo.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1292947897322

(He looks like he wants to give me a hug, not attack me. Way better options for pirate style logos.)

2ly2w09.jpg

That Boise logo is terrible. The head on its own (PC helmet) is good, but the horse neck sticking out of the wordmark is just bad

I prefer the head-only version but I could find a picture of it that isn't obnoxiously big.

the head only version is one that could become a classic IMO. They really need to put it on the helmet (at a reasonable size)

Classic: Oregon

by8dfvb6j89hs5nrvlb1ibx5e.gif

? Anyone who can make a letter as simple the letter "O" iconic deserves to keep their logo.

Keep it:Penn State

6g3sx3a2zxgt5z2vb10g.gif

? Penn State will persevere. This logo should too. It's one of the first sports logos I ever fell in love with.

Tweek it:Navy

4670.gif

? Make it less detailed. Definitely lessen the shading.

Lose it:Coastal Carolina

2454.gif

? [sigh] The first time I saw this logo, I laughed, out loud, for nearly 5 minutes. Just look at it. No pupils in its eyes. The placement of its fist suggest it is making a highly inappropriare hand motion. And it's teal. Teal may be fine for a pro team, but for college it's not.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Archived